Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

10 minutes ago, DaVegaNL said:

RGW maps are still pretty rough. Even the included pre-gen'd ones. Gravel paths and their interaction with asphalt roads, specifically.

Here's to hoping Damocles can get his magic working soon :)

All updated already, check the newest version.

I know this has been mentioned before, But I was just testing the Quest reward system and one day by 18:00 I had completed 3 quests.1 fetch, 1 clear and 1 buried supplies.

I had 2 weighted head mods, a meat stew book, level 2 blunder bus, 200 9mm, 4 cans of food, 2 energy drinks and a bunch of other stuff. 1900 Dukes

I did put a skill point into daring adventurer but even then something feels off, that is way to much loot for 3 quests IMO.

16 hours ago, PurgatoryWolf said:

What is sleep? You call your self a gamer? take a nap. :)

Nope, I love gaming, but I cross age where I lose sleep for them. So, yes I love my gamer tag. 

I just got 15 minutes, to play game before client meetings start, My first impression is that it looks best and different from past. My new game starts in forest biome, but it looks less scary, [beautiful]. 

Graphics are really good, but stones on floor are hardly visible with 80% brightness  so far. I see 3-4 rabbits and one boar so far in forest biome in my first 15 minutes, is that normal now? 

I hadnt texted here since many time ago, but I'm back just to say THANKS, the melee is AWESOME, no more ghost hits by zombies, their hit timing is PERFECT, now is VERY VERY FUN fight in melee, at least for me!!!

And the new HD textures are great!!! keep working in this way! love u TFP!

Awesome jobs Fun Pimps. I was gonna wait until stable came out but I couldn't resist & man am I glad I did.

Every thing looks great, loving the new zombies & I got my gluteus handed to me on day 1!! Been a while since that has happened.  

👍 Fellas!!!!

Given the proper primitive age now, I feel really thrown out of my element. I normally have a set plan, but now I am debating on what to do next every step of the way, and I have no idea what the future holds. It's a fantastic shake-up on the game for me. Thank you Fun Pimps for yet another amazing update. 😃

Well mad could play alpha 18.4 on highest graphics but alpha 19 experimental is unplayable for me I hope this isn't the case when it comes out on stable any help on how to make it playable instead of seeing shopping trolleys that are created by minecraft would help massively 

Loving the stone age, however I am having similar issue with T1 Quests being 1km+ away. Not a huge issue but a struggle early on, I know quests are being reworked because the rewards are crazy... 150 .44 rounds on a T1 quest and 200 9mm and 120 shotgun shells. Back to back rewards.

All these are trivial and I know will be balanced, however I can't scrap anything there is no 'S' option to scrap anything as well as 70% of recipes are not available or don't appear in crafting menu (I.E wood frame) So I can't complete the tutorial missions or do an awful lot. Fresh install did not help, I know its experimental and expect bugs, not griping just pointing them out. 

Keep up the good work. 

4 hours ago, madmole said:

What? All my quests are 300 meters to 1 km at most.  BTW, the game plays just fine without using traders.

Probably a buried treasure quest. Mine was 1.9km away so that's almost 4km in total since you make us back track. The closest trader was in another town that was 1.5km away. I'm a guy who want to do quest and have fun with the objectives but taking these cross country hikes are tremendous and take a whole day.  Like I said I was so excited when you guys added in fetch quests and clear quest along with the dungeon pois but they take so much time to get to the quest than the quest itself. So much lost potential for such a easy solution to have more quest givers. Also quest are a good way to keep dedicated server lively. Add quest boards or npcs that maybe just only give quests. I'm not asking much and I have my valid points laid out. Other wise you going to loose a lot of new traders from how much time it takes to do one little quest. If I'm in a city i shouldn't have to go to another city that'll send me on a quest to another city. then back track to the quest and go back to my fort.   

4 hours ago, Gazz said:

Imagine an apocalypse happened and you couldn't get to it because it's inconvenient!

The real apocalypes is probably not going to be a game that's supposed to be fun. You think going to a quest giver 1.5km away going to a quest 1.9km away and going back to that quest giver that's 1.9km away  and probably going back home 1.5km away is fun? if so I don't think that you have the repeatability to be in the gaming industry. (Kinda harsh but you came at me with disingenuous bs.)  That's without factoring in a broken leg, stamina bar, weight encumbrance. It's all factors in to a players brain that this isn't a game worth playing. 

4 hours ago, Gazz said:

Imagine an apocalypse happened and you couldn't get to it because it's inconvenient!

Imagine being this smug to look past how garbage questing is in 7 days to die. Probably the biggest selling point that  you can make for this game and  it's so inconvenient that new players don't want to even bother. Might as well hide it. I'm even a guy that boos fast travel in mmo's. My pitch I always say to people is "7 days to die is a voxel game that has objective and goals. You can even do quests in it." I always mention the quest but it's not prominent enough in the game to justify me saying that. It bums me out. 

5 hours ago, madmole said:

What? All my quests are 300 meters to 1 km at most.  BTW, the game plays just fine without using traders.

Saying that is like say Skyrim plays just fine without quests. Wtf kind of response is that. Just put a quest board in every town and city. Not asking much. Should have had it in the game already. Traders will still be useful for trading and story quests. Very passionate about this one. 

fixed the overly large text.

4 minutes ago, Zombiepoptard said:

Saying that is like say Skyrim plays just fine without quests. Wtf kind of response is that. Just put a quest board in every town and city. Not asking much. Should have had it in the game already. Traders will still be useful for trading and story quests. Very passionate about this one. 

Maybe you are passionate about what you see as an issue but you're losing credibility with your attitude.

9 minutes ago, Zombiepoptard said:

Saying that is like say Skyrim plays just fine without quests. Wtf kind of response is that. Just put a quest board in every town and city. 

Wow , look at this fantastic muture use of larger font to get your message across. Hats of mate, hats of .......

5 hours ago, Gazz said:

I cant think if anything better than missing the Apocalypse because I had a previous commitment!

"Hold the Nuclear Annihilation guys, I promised I'd take my wife to the beach for the weekend, so if you could just wait... until I've died of old age?  Thanks!"

13 minutes ago, Zombiepoptard said:

Saying that is like say Skyrim plays just fine without quests. Wtf kind of response is that. Just put a quest board in every town and city. Not asking much. Should have had it in the game already. Traders will still be useful for trading and story quests.

The game is still in development, The Fun Pimps are under no obligation to cater to any players whims or desires. 

They will develop it as they see fit, if you want a job board, you can make a modlet that gives you that functionality. 

Screaming on a forum at the devs making the game is not going make it happen.

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived