Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

1 hour ago, Yisiscreise said:

I hadnt texted here since many time ago, but I'm back just to say THANKS, the melee is AWESOME, no more ghost hits by zombies, their hit timing is PERFECT, now is VERY VERY FUN fight in melee, at least for me!!!

And the new HD textures are great!!! keep working in this way! love u TFP!

I agree 100%  I have not received any strange hits from any situation.

Just taking some time off as its day 7 and I mistakenly thought I set BM horde for day 10!  I just bought a Tier-4 AK and now I'm trying to remember what POI would be good.  Saw a fire station so maybe that.  :D

7 hours ago, Frostyxn said:

See my post above. but i ran 3 separate seeds in the RWG in game viewer and got this practically every time.  So yes, large forest:

image.thumb.png.c3ed1296d1d531e34a1f7f0288168e77.png

There is little RANDOM to this random world generation. But there is Nitrogen, so that's okay with me, even though I think RWG is a major asset to the game - more so than fancy graphics or animations. 

I'm loving A19 so far, amazing work by your team. Seeing the new zombie textures on twitter and even in some gameplay from the dev streams, I was not exactly sure about them. They look great, but seemed a tad out of place in the world (and probably due to familiarity with the old designs). Playing with them for myself though I don't get the same feeling and I have already grown more accustomed to them. Once the physics stuff the team was talking about is implemented I bet they'll be even more amazing so I'm looking forward to that down the line!

Thank you guys so much for all the work you put into this game! And for still bothering to interact with the community. I hope you guys hear 'thank you' enough to maybe make up a bit for all the 'make the game exactly what I want' and 'update console'. I'm excited to see YOUR vision of the game come to completion and until it does you guys have still provided a great game to play, and I have had many more hours of enjoyment than I paid for. I appreciate it!

On 4/30/2020 at 11:05 AM, faatal said:

If a corpse gets up and walks towards you, it is not dead. They can call them dead all they want and I will disagree. Now if they want to say magic is making a corpse move, sure whatever.

I mean as zombies they're neither alive or dead. They're UN-DEAD. As in at one point they were dead, and they were resurrected with limited functionality and zero brain activity other than basic animal instinct to feed.

51 minutes ago, Noctoras said:

There is little RANDOM to this random world generation. But there is Nitrogen, so that's okay with me, even though I think RWG is a major asset to the game - more so than fancy graphics or animations. 

Yea its a shame they dont realize how magic RWG can be, but like you said, alternatives.

Ive said this probably 5 times already but thank you Damocles. 

6 hours ago, madmole said:

What? All my quests are 300 meters to 1 km at most.  BTW, the game plays just fine without using traders.

Not true. That statement is only correct and absolute for 4k x 4k maps. 8k maps can get wild

(starting trader at 2.5 km for example). Tested in a19. 

45 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

I'm going clubs this time around and I've been using an orange wooden club for the past 4 in-game days. I just found a T5 stone sledgehammer though... Never before have I been so torn on what primitive item to use, I honestly love it. 🙂

I found a tier 1 steel club day 1 at trader Jen and I saved up the dukes to buy it. So worth it lol. Was it you that mentioned that icefire RWG map?

2 minutes ago, KuriousTurtle said:

I found a tier 1 steel club day 1 at trader Jen and I saved up the dukes to buy it. So worth it lol. Was it you that mentioned that icefire RWG map?

You mean quality 1.

"Tier 3 Quality one Tech 2 Alpha 19 Steel Brown Club for Men" is the correct term you are looking for.

6 minutes ago, KuriousTurtle said:

Yep, it was me that mentioned the IceFire seed (remember, case sensitive as always lol)

That's pretty sick actually. :) I got a bicycle on day 4 because the trader was selling all the parts, including the two wheels, all at once. Dukes are so precious early game, since the majority of items to sell are locked behind a later gamestage.

I finally got a level 1 pistol in loot. I'm still in the A18 mindset so I almost scrapped it. 😜

Performance so far seems..... equal if not worse sadly for me.

And an issue has cropped up again after a long time.

Why does the game randomly change its resolution to my Native one? (4K)  I'm fully aware my PC cant run it on 4K, but it does that anyway and usually results in a hard crash.

And by this i mean, it changes itself from 1080p, to 4K between loading screens, when starting up, and even while playing the game itself. Sometimes i'd jsut loot a house, notice massive fps drop, and it'd change itself back to 4K.

How do i stop the bloody thing from doing so?

1 minute ago, Taiga34 said:

Performance so far seems..... equal if not worse sadly for me.

And an issue has cropped up again after a long time.

Why does the game randomly change its resolution to my Native one? (4K)  I'm fully aware my PC cant run it on 4K, but it does that anyway and usually results in a hard crash.

And by this i mean, it changes itself from 1080p, to 4K between loading screens, when starting up, and even while playing the game itself. Sometimes i'd jsut loot a house, notice massive fps drop, and it'd change itself back to 4K.

How do i stop the bloody thing from doing so?

Performance is jumpy for me. Sometimes it's at 80 FPS and buttery smooth, other times it's choppy temporarily and is at 10 FPS. But hey, it's called Experimental for a reason. 🙂

28 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Performance is jumpy for me. Sometimes it's at 80 FPS and buttery smooth, other times it's choppy temporarily and is at 10 FPS. But hey, it's called Experimental for a reason. 🙂

Performance has been great for me. I can play on Ultra+ and get 55-60 FPS with the occasional hiccup. But since I tried my hand at streaming and recording last night, I knocked it down to High for stream quality. I’m new so I’m figuring out how to balance setting in the streaming world. And trying to find my “radio voice” lol

My system is

amd ryzen 7 2700x

nvidia rtx 2070 super

16Gb ram

500Gb SSD for windows

2Tb hard drive for games

In my opinion the stamina cost with iron tools is a little too punishing. I'm currently sitting at Sex Rex 2/4, with a coffee buzz as well, and I'm still gassing out at around 9-10 swings. The iron shovel is peculiar though. It's a quality level 4, and I'm 3-shotting dirt, but after crafting a T4 stone shovel after getting fed up with my stamina falling constantly, I realized that it is also 3-shotting dirt. Hmm...

Edit: A crafted level 4 iron shovel has only +4 block damage compared to the stone shovel but with +6 stamina cost; truth be told, it feels like +10 stamina cost.

1 hour ago, MechanicalLens said:

If using sun shafts, try toggling it on/off when you get the dips to see if it helps or not.

2 hours ago, Zombiepoptard said:

that's why i didn't all cap and put exclamation marks just wanted to highlight my main point.

You got ridiculed because your post was all drama and nearly no facts. You talked about a far away quest but didn't say how far away the other quests were. You didn't say if the trader was alone in the forest or near a town. You later mentioned another trader near a town but didn't say why relocating to that trader wasn't possible.

7D2D has lots of randomness built in. If you want to play a carefee game then there are lots of options available:

1) Preview the map, locate a trader near a town  and teleport there first thing on day 1.

2) Get yourself a minibike from creative menue

3) Play navezgane or 4k maps. Less space means less distance to everything.

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived