Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

4 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Read the very very top, the banner posted by Roland.

You mean this: When you download A19 you MUST start a new save. Maps generated in A18 will NOT work for A19 games. ?

If that's what you are saying, it is not my question.

4 minutes ago, minisith said:

TFP will tell you at stable release.

1 minute ago, Merranza said:

You mean this: When you download A19 you MUST start a new save. Maps generated in A18 will NOT work for A19 games. ?

If that's what you are saying, it is not my question.

Sorry; I haven't slept in over 24 hours. I just basically skimmed your comment. 😛

2 hours ago, Khalagar said:

I like how you guys say I posted too much about the Junk Sledge, then posted over 200 messages in the 7 hours I was asleep asking when the update was out and F5'd so hard you crashed the forums >_>

About 40 people had to play co-op to overtake you 😉

1 hour ago, Sir Negan said:

See how confusing this is for people lmao

Tourists are easy to confuse

16 minutes ago, Merranza said:

Just curious, when going from experimental to stable, can you still use your save games or do you have to start over (talking about same alpha here... so from experimental 19 to stable 19)?

The chances are quite good that worlds will work through the experimental process (even if TFP **recommends** a new world). In A18 I played a SP game from A18.1 to A18.4 without a problem. But you may experience bugs you would not have seen with a new world.

1 hour ago, Sir Negan said:

Why do people keep talking about "when will experimental be updated" ? Aren't we just supposed to wait untill steam updates 7 days, and then when we open the game it will be A19 ?!

No, that's what an adult would do. =P

31 minutes ago, DaVegaNL said:

Looks like generating a 4x4 map takes about the same amount of time now.

Mine took 20 mins and few seconda, 8x8, will do few more. Wish we had Kin to give us glimpse at whats new, he did it good. 

Just now, beerfly said:

Mine took 20 mins and few seconda, 8x8, will do few more. Wish we had Kin to give us glimpse at whats new, he did it good. 

Ah sorry for the confusion, I actually meant to say that generating a new world takes me much longer than before.. On the same rig.

1 minute ago, DaVegaNL said:

Ah sorry for the confusion, I actually meant to say that generating a new world takes me much longer than before.. On the same rig.

I got you, it took me about 15 mins in A18 and similar in A17 with my same rig, too. Might be longer here, indeed. 

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived