Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

51 minutes ago, madmole said:

Nope, I tuned these in Alpha 18 and haven't noticed any problems. What items suffer a small stack size? Don't say ammo because ammo is heavy and a tactical choice to take multiple stacks.

Bottled water is probably one I can easily name off of the top of my head.

I understand that in real life you couldn't easily stack more than 10 bottles of water in a single pile, but with so many uses it's common to have at least 100 bottles of water at any given time, and that's half of a container right there (100 bottles of water being 10 stacks of water)

Whatever the argument, I personally just see it as a HUGE quality of life change to change it to 50, or 100. Again, so that I don't get jumped on; I understand it isn't realistic but hey.

12 minutes ago, Worrun said:

Bottled water is probably one I can easily name off of the top of my head.

I understand that in real life you couldn't easily stack more than 10 bottles of water in a single pile, but with so many uses it's common to have at least 100 bottles of water at any given time, and that's half of a container right there (100 bottles of water being 10 stacks of water)

Whatever the argument, I personally just see it as a HUGE quality of life change to change it to 50, or 100. Again, so that I don't get jumped on; I understand it isn't realistic but hey.

If murky water can stack to 100 odd, why can't bottled water stack the same. It doesn't make a lot of sense in that regard so you might as well just have an uber stack of murky water and a purifier mod and no need to waste time cooking.

1 minute ago, LilMissNorti said:

If murky water can stack to 100 odd, why can't bottled water stack the same. It doesn't make a lot of sense in that regard so you might as well just have an uber stack of murky water and a purifier mod and no need to waste time cooking.

Does murky water stack to 100?

41 minutes ago, Worrun said:

If Item Stack Sizes were Container Specific then both could exist.

Stacks of 10 in Backpack and much larger stack sizes in chests.

That's be a very nice QoL change for bases/storage and would still allow 'balancing', or "tactical" considerations to be applied to player backpacks.

Edit: would also be nice for crafting. six output slots means can only boil 60 bottles of water at a time, etc.

5 minutes ago, FileMachete said:

That's be a very nice QoL change for bases/storage and would still allow 'balancing', or "tactical" considerations to be applied to player backpacks.

I like this idea. 

9 minutes ago, FileMachete said:

Now THAT is an amazing idea!

18 minutes ago, hiemfire said:

You watch the Cap00 or Reach Gaming Junk Sledge vids? In case you missed them:

I hadn't yet, thanks!!

That's exactly the kind of testing I was wanting someone to do on the streamer weekend!

Results were pretty bad, but at least we got some concrete numbers, and Cap00 actually looked at the Junk Turret skill and magazine line, which had yet to be looked at this whole freaking time. Not joking, I've yet to get a single person hover over each tier in that skill and see if ANY of it affects the Junk Sledge. It seems a couple of them actually do, or were changed to at some point since the devs originally said no

Definitely needs a lot of number tweaks imo, but I would be happy if it was at least viable to use as a handheld weapon if nothing else.

I think one of the biggest issues with it, is the near total lack of stagger / stun which could be related to the A19 change to stunning zombies. It has such short range that it doesn't get time to do anything because everything just zooms right past it before it gets to attack, and any attacks it gets in are just shrugged off while barely slowing the target.

Potential is definitely there, but I have to agree with Reach that it seems like a super early game weapon except it doesn't show up until mid game, so by the time it shows up it's under whelming.

2 hours ago, Syrex said:

RWG: not impressed. "Random Biomes!" - generated 10 maps so far (8k's - taking about 15-20mins - there's 4 of us generating) and there's not much randomness to it.. Forest in the middle and the other biomes around that. And still hilly as all get out.

after 1-2 generations (per person), the map starts generating everything but the buildings, so restart seems necessary after generation

imgur: 

Reveal hidden contents

rwg is broken, go about 2k out and youll hit all water, guess all that "testing" and live streaming and they skipped rwg day

3 hours ago, Merranza said:

You mean this: When you download A19 you MUST start a new save. Maps generated in A18 will NOT work for A19 games. ?

If that's what you are saying, it is not my question.

Don't know if your question was answered, but if they just push the build to stable with no changes, sure. 

17 minutes ago, Khalagar said:

Potential is definitely there, but I have to agree with Reach that it seems like a super early game weapon except it doesn't show up until mid game, so by the time it shows up it's under whelming.

iirc Cap00 said that the Junk Sledge just requires Int 3 to be able to unlock it. If that's accurate and not a word garble or misread (like we all do from time to time) it means you can have the ability to craft them, if you can find a working workbench, and have an extra point for something else, IE the perk that lets you craft forges, when you finish the tutorial quests.

Question (Alpha 19):

Did the plus 50 above maximum food and drink disappear, or does the game still counts food and drink above maximum, but doesn't show it on the values?

If i drink a +20 drink and have my thirst on 85/100, does it waste the 5 surplus, or does it go to 105 and decreases as normal?

edit: Alpha 19

Thanks in advance

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived