madmole

Alpha 19 Dev Diary

1 minute ago, Taiga34 said:

Performance so far seems..... equal if not worse sadly for me.

And an issue has cropped up again after a long time.

Why does the game randomly change its resolution to my Native one? (4K)  I'm fully aware my PC cant run it on 4K, but it does that anyway and usually results in a hard crash.

And by this i mean, it changes itself from 1080p, to 4K between loading screens, when starting up, and even while playing the game itself. Sometimes i'd jsut loot a house, notice massive fps drop, and it'd change itself back to 4K.

How do i stop the bloody thing from doing so?

Performance is jumpy for me. Sometimes it's at 80 FPS and buttery smooth, other times it's choppy temporarily and is at 10 FPS. But hey, it's called Experimental for a reason. 🙂

In set up high, the game run fine with no crash ( for the moment)

Gtx970

16mo ram

Game in hdv

I5 3Ghz

28 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Performance is jumpy for me. Sometimes it's at 80 FPS and buttery smooth, other times it's choppy temporarily and is at 10 FPS. But hey, it's called Experimental for a reason. 🙂

Performance has been great for me. I can play on Ultra+ and get 55-60 FPS with the occasional hiccup. But since I tried my hand at streaming and recording last night, I knocked it down to High for stream quality. I’m new so I’m figuring out how to balance setting in the streaming world. And trying to find my “radio voice” lol

My system is

amd ryzen 7 2700x

nvidia rtx 2070 super

16Gb ram

500Gb SSD for windows

2Tb hard drive for games

Anyone else seeing big 'craters' where a POI is placed?

Just now, DaVegaNL said:

Not yet, I have only done pregen1 and Navezgane. I’m going to try out Mechanical’s RWG map when I get home this evening and see how it is

Posted (edited)

In my opinion the stamina cost with iron tools is a little too punishing. I'm currently sitting at Sex Rex 2/4, with a coffee buzz as well, and I'm still gassing out at around 9-10 swings. The iron shovel is peculiar though. It's a quality level 4, and I'm 3-shotting dirt, but after crafting a T4 stone shovel after getting fed up with my stamina falling constantly, I realized that it is also 3-shotting dirt. Hmm...

Edit: A crafted level 4 iron shovel has only +4 block damage compared to the stone shovel but with +6 stamina cost; truth be told, it feels like +10 stamina cost.

Edited by MechanicalLens (see edit history)

14 minutes ago, DaVegaNL said:

I've seen a couple ("Tranquitas" seed) , also big mountains below POI's.

Congratulations guys, 92% of recent steam reviews are positive!

1 hour ago, MechanicalLens said:

If using sun shafts, try toggling it on/off when you get the dips to see if it helps or not.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zombiepoptard said:

that's why i didn't all cap and put exclamation marks just wanted to highlight my main point.

You got ridiculed because your post was all drama and nearly no facts. You talked about a far away quest but didn't say how far away the other quests were. You didn't say if the trader was alone in the forest or near a town. You later mentioned another trader near a town but didn't say why relocating to that trader wasn't possible.

7D2D has lots of randomness built in. If you want to play a carefee game then there are lots of options available:

1) Preview the map, locate a trader near a town  and teleport there first thing on day 1.

2) Get yourself a minibike from creative menue

3) Play navezgane or 4k maps. Less space means less distance to everything.

• Like 1

using the blunderbuss feels nice!

Granted a new model would be nice but it works! it makes me want to see other back powder weapons!

Flintlocks, Muskets and revolving rifles! they would be nice for another alpha!

it feels good to beat a bloodmoon with you're bow and blunderbuss, plus could give some players another play through style! Pirate Challage!

On 6/29/2020 at 11:18 PM, unholyjoe said:

Davega... throw away all the parenting books... now get ready for "RHOT", real hands on training. :)

RHOT is the new LBD...lol

• Like 1

Does anyone have a list of waht names of Seeds actually work please?

33 minutes ago, DaVegaNL said:

8 hours on my seed called Void (8x8km), not big anomalies yet (hope not) , had only one place where the road decided to grow up 4-5 blocks higher, but even with my bicycle it wasn`t a problem. I like how the rear tire spins, if I could do that with my bike irl would be insane lol. 

The experience so far is one of the best. All senses are back to panic mode on warrior, melee/int build. Love it.

• Like 1

Yeah absolutely. The game runs much smoother (60-70 fps), and my GPU/CPU is running 10 degrees less than in A18. Overall great!

It's just that the map still has quite some big issues.

• Like 1

I have FPS issues playing in 2k resolution in Ultra.  The max FPS i get is 55 and low 35. I noticed that if i go down in quality from Ultra to High i get just around 60FPS most of the times.

I see people here on forum playing in 4k Ultra with 60-70 FPS constantly and i really don't understand why i don't get the same in 2K with the rig i have: 

• GPU - GTX 1080 8gb
  • CPU - Ryzen 5 - 3600 - 3.6ghz
  • RAM - 16gb DDR4 3000mhz
  • SSD - Samsung - 1TB

Do i need to tweak the settings somehow to get that performance? 

Cheerio!

4 minutes ago, DaVegaNL said:

Yeah absolutely. The game runs much smoother (60-70 fps), and my GPU/CPU is running 10 degrees less than in A18. Overall great!

It's just that the map still has quite some big issues.

True, RWG is really complicated environment as a whole thing, visually some fixes could look simple, but might be a nightmare in the back end. At least we have the fun we want, and some day will be better. 

9 hours ago, madmole said:

What? All my quests are 300 meters to 1 km at most.  BTW, the game plays just fine without using traders.

My RWG multiplayer last night we had a trader outside of town that was a km away from spawn, and three of my 5 quests were 1.5+km away. The others were 6-700m out, in a wasteland town. So in some cases, not so much on the close stuff. 

4 hours ago, Black Hat said:

How's your game guys?

My game crashes the second I spawn. 

I can run the game on the Ultra Quality setting except for Texture Quality. That setting has to be at half textures for the game to run. That one setting is causing my game to crash immediately. I even set it to the Low settings and it will crash if using full textures. I always completely remove any mention of 7 Days or even Pimps from my computer before installing a new experimental. I've reinstalled once already which didn't help. Had zero problems with 18.4 and am going to try a few more things before submitting a ticket.

For reference my specs are:

GTX 1070 with 8GB

i5-4670K

16 GB ram

running on a 1920 x 1080 monitor

9 hours ago, Mahnogard said:

Maybe I've just been unlucky, but over the past few days in A19 I've rarely been able to get one under 1km. And the close ones were about two doors down from the trader. Most of the ones offered have been 1km - 1.5km. 

My gaming partner was in streamer weekend, so in between making videos with him, I played SP permadeath to give random gen a workout since I was going to wipe for this morning's update anyway. So I probably tried about 5 or 6 different world seeds out, all 4k size. I generally do long days (90 or 120 min) in SP so the distance doesn't bother me that much but having more closer would have been welcome.

I only play 8k, perhaps 4k works against us in this regard, less room to populate pois. 1.5 km is nothing if you have some mega crush, and make sure never to travel in anything above padded armor. I always unequip any armor with weight/movement penalty when walking and it makes a huge difference. Also never travel encumbered, store your loot in boxes to optimize time spent looting/returning to the trader. Collect it later when you get a vehicle.

8 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

Does anybody know if gamestage influences the loot within bookshelves? (ie are you more likely to find higher end schematics and books at a higher gamestage?)

Not yet, but leveled loot for everything is probably coming eventually. I believe leveled ammo is coming in the first patch.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, madmole said:

What? All my quests are 300 meters to 1 km at most.  BTW, the game plays just fine without using traders.

There is definitely variance with RWG maps. On my first map, the trader did not offer any buried treasure quests and all other quests were 2km away. I immediately quit that map and generated another.  On my second map, the trader had multiple buried treasure quests but once they were exhausted all other quests were 1.5km away. I'm reserving judgment until I get to tier II and tier III quests to see if it improves.  If none of those have quests in the starter town, this will reduce the benefit of having traders spawn in towns as you still have to travel far distances to quest.   From a progression standpoint, I think it would be cool if the trader spawned in towns with enough tier 1s to get the player started questing.  Otherwise, you may be better off ignoring the trader until you have a vehicle.

Edit - Both maps were 8k RWG.

Edited by Kosmic Kerman (see edit history)

Maybe in the minority of this but has linear lighting balanced colours at the expense of higher saturation?( I understand this is what it adds).  The Desert looks very orange now. 

1 hour ago, DaVegaNL said:

Only after I get done wit them.  😊

4 hours ago, Zombiepoptard said:

Saying that is like say Skyrim plays just fine without quests. Wtf kind of response is that. Just put a quest board in every town and city. Not asking much. Should have had it in the game already. Traders will still be useful for trading and story quests. Very passionate about this one. 

fixed the overly large text.

The distance might not be ideal yet, but I don't feel like it is all that bad as you make it out to be. In Skyrim if you resist the urge to fast travel it takes the better part of a 2 days to travel to, clear the dungeon and travel back to the quest giver.

I see the issue as you being impatient and having some odd belief that everything needs to be convenient and easy. Like I said the distance isn't ideal, but there is plenty to do along the way and nobody says you need to be home by dark. Instead of complaining about it, you could actually stop to smell the roses along the way, clear a few small POIs, and make an adventure out of it, rather than feeling like it has to get done in the next 5 minutes and creating a stressful situation. In Skyrim that happens all the time you are going somewhere, find a cave and decide to check it out and get side tracked.

I think people get over encumbered, wear heavy armor, and don't eat stamina boosting foods and stamina recovery boosting drinks, then complain about it. Yeah in that context travel sucks, but if you strip off your armor and don't get over encumbered, eat a stew chased by a coffee you can sprint 1.5 km in about 2 minutes, its nothing. Mega crush and its 1 minute or so. We've provided tools to make traveling long distances feel reasonable, use them.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Taiga34 said:

Performance so far seems..... equal if not worse sadly for me.

And an issue has cropped up again after a long time.

Why does the game randomly change its resolution to my Native one? (4K)  I'm fully aware my PC cant run it on 4K, but it does that anyway and usually results in a hard crash.

And by this i mean, it changes itself from 1080p, to 4K between loading screens, when starting up, and even while playing the game itself. Sometimes i'd jsut loot a house, notice massive fps drop, and it'd change itself back to 4K.

How do i stop the bloody thing from doing so?

Make sure dynamic resolution is off, and set the resolution to 1080.

2 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

In my opinion the stamina cost with iron tools is a little too punishing. I'm currently sitting at Sex Rex 2/4, with a coffee buzz as well, and I'm still gassing out at around 9-10 swings. The iron shovel is peculiar though. It's a quality level 4, and I'm 3-shotting dirt, but after crafting a T4 stone shovel after getting fed up with my stamina falling constantly, I realized that it is also 3-shotting dirt. Hmm...

Edit: A crafted level 4 iron shovel has only +4 block damage compared to the stone shovel but with +6 stamina cost; truth be told, it feels like +10 stamina cost.

Once you level up some more and more importantly always eat a hearty cooked meal with a big stamina bonus, chased by coffee you should have very little issue with mining stamina.