Things you find silly/stupid with a17? and hope are fixed for a18.

Scyris

I'll start.

1: Whats the point of power attacks if they freeze stam regen after? this makes them basically unuseable at all, especially later game, when you won't be able to 1 shot things to get the stam heal from Sex Rex. IMO they should be useable whenever you want, just with the current high stam cost they have, and no stam regen freeze.

2: Power attack grunt sound, why the hell is this louder than pretty much all gunshots? its so stupid, I can fire a shotgun or a rifle from the same distance and not aggro zombies, but if I power attack? Yep, they all start coming.

3: Blocks need to diffuse sounds, I am tired of looting something in a poi and it ends up aggroing everything outside the poi somehow. A zombie outside 20 blocks from a poi should not hear me opening some metal cabinet even if I am standing. This also may or may not be a part of #4 below.

4: Stop the gpsing non bloodmoon zombies, what I mean by this is non-horde night and I don't mean the wandering hordes, You won't notice it as much on vanilla due to the small spawns it has, but in some mods you'll notice the second you walk into a poi every zombie in sight will start shambling towards it even if you haven't even touched anything in it. I am talking zombies from at like clip range will suddendly start to walk right towards the poi you just entered. In some mods, this results in pretty much a large conga line of zombies coming a few minutes after you enter any poi. But its a vanilla issue, the mods with increased spawn rates just make it much more noticable.

5: Balance knives, there is no reason why a machete a steel tier item should be doing less than a iron reinforced club you can make at level 1. Same with hunting knife. The bleed effect is near useless on high hp zombies as it does its damage far to slowly on them.

The refrigerator, used to be an item to build, that has been turned off, I used to like making fridges top and bottom to store food for my players,

But that’s now not possible

but the in game poi fridge is a joke, try wrenching the top half of one, it doesn’t have a hit marker, you hit the wall behind it

whats that about?

I miss learn by doing and gun parts. Mods don't move the needle for me. Everything in the game being available through the skill tree is another, just turns the game into every other generic RPG. My best games used to be the ones looking for the crossbow or minibike books.

i miss learn by doing and gun parts. Mods don't move the needle for me. Everything in the game being available through the skill tree is another, just turns the game into every other generic rpg. My best games used to be the ones looking for the crossbow or minibike books.

HERETIC!!! FORUM?!

BURN HIM AT THE STAKE FOR HIS BLASPHEMY!!!

(also what is up with this forum changing capslock :D)

The refrigerator, used to be an item to build, that has been turned off, I used to like making fridges top and bottom to store food for my players,

But that’s now not possible

but the in game poi fridge is a joke, try wrenching the top half of one, it doesn’t have a hit marker, you hit the wall behind it

whats that about?

Yeah, those fridges, and barbed wire fencing with posts are terrible to hit. Thankfully knowing that the fence post has only 200 hp will alert you when you are hitting something else.

1) silencer mod just changing the sound of the gunshot instead of doing anything at all related to actual stealth

2) the player can run so much faster than every enemy in the game completely outdistancing them in no time.

3) Level gates.

4) Trader POI protection and unkillable traders.

5) Can't flip the 4x4 upside down. They should remove the stabilizer that keeps it upright.

6) No 1x1 block space player movement.

7) No zombie smell sense. Game was much better when carrying food had consequences.

8) The continued absence of Horde Mode

Give us the ability to make ALL blocks, why can't I make a fridge if I can make a car?

Let me make real clothes. In real life I can sew a shirt or a pair of pants, but there's no way I can take a handful of grass and make clothes. Why the heck can't I take leather and cloth and make actual pants?

Some level gates are super stupid. By the time you're of a level to make the thing, you don't even need it anymore.

Bleeding reduced by armor. If I'm in full steel armor, how does every single zombie scratch me so I bleed? Also - I'd love to see bleeding bring back smell, if not food. Whoops, you got hit and bled, you're gonna attract zombies for a bit. That makes it a real danger for people in light armor to be in the combat.

Physician actually WORKING. It would be nice if I could bandage my friends so that ALL of us don't have to carry separate first aid on our bars.

Weapons need better balancing, and even though I'm super glad the myriad of parts are gone, I'm certainly not averse to having quality mean something. If I have 10 points in intellect, I should make better guns than my friend who isn't at level 10, not just better durability but damage too.

Digging. Too much digging. It's so aggravating to have zombies hear you from forever away and then just insta-drill down to you. It makes mining super annoying. I'm fine with zombies digging and they've done it before, but it's too much.

More POIs per quest level. There's a ton of POIs and tiers just repeat them over and over.

1) silencer mod just changing the sound of the gunshot instead of doing anything at all related to actual stealth

2) the player can run so much faster than every enemy in the game completely outdistancing them in no time.

3) Level gates.

5) Can't flip the 4x4 upside down. They should remove the stabilizer that keeps it upright.

7) No zombie smell sense. Game was much better when carrying food had consequences.

I'm surprised to see Ziplines wasn't on your list?

Mine:

1. Need more reason to explore, A17 dulled that down a bit.

2. Need more reason to mine, A12-17 dulled that down a lot (especially for someone who almost exclusively melees).

3. RWG up to snuff.

4. Mo' electricity uses, and then some mo' uses on top of that. ;-)

I hope for the removal of things like death penalty or aiming needing more stamina than swinging a steel pickaxe for hours.

Stamina recovery while mining needs to go, seriously, i can mine for days without a break, only need to stop for eating/drinking. Not even beeing maxed out on everything.

Guns and ammo beeing handed out on day 1 like candy on halloween needs to go. Generally less FPS more from the other genres.

Scrap metal tools need to come between stone and iron tools with a later forge. Let´s be honest here, once you got a forge running it´s basically gg wp.

Big mechanical traps like a tree trunk on ropes. Spike walls that pop up, size like 5x5 blocks (pop up so they don´t avoid them like they do with visible traps now). Generally more effective options without beeing advanced in tech, but they take longer to build/repair.

Bring back the wandering trio errrr hordes, or failing that just give us some non agoraphobic zombies for the love of death! Its ridiculous how you are in more danger indoors than out in this "shooter on rails" we now have where you know whats coming where in any given location and, to be fair it is advertised a zombie HORDE crafting game!

Gyro-copters, I don't see any need or purpose for these in this game.

Forced weapon reloads, which I believe is being fixed.

A 4x4 with 18 inches of ground clearance but a fixed snowplow on the front with 2 inches of ground clearance. Make it go up and down.

A forum that logs you out after 5 minutes...especially annoying when you've spent 6 minutes constructing a post only to lose your text and have to log in again.

Gyro-copters, I don't see any need or purpose for these in this game.

Forced weapon reloads, which I believe is being fixed.

A 4x4 with 18 inches of ground clearance but a fixed snowplow on the front with 2 inches of ground clearance. Make it go up and down.

A forum that logs you out after 5 minutes...especially annoying when you've spent 6 minutes constructing a post only to lose your text and have to log in again.

Click the "remember me" box when you log in and your problem will be solved.

In order of importance, from most game breaking to least...

1) Missing FOV slider

2) Zombies with x-ray vision

3) Lack of Zombies, and the few that there are, all huddled up in one room

4) Lack of LBD

5) The heavy swing towards survival genre, necessitating micromanaging of stamina and food

6) Removal of Books

7) Not being able to loot and chop up zombie corpses

8) Not being able to combine stuff in the work bench

I'll start.

1: Whats the point of power attacks if they freeze stam regen after? this makes them basically unuseable at all, especially later game, when you won't be able to 1 shot things to get the stam heal from Sex Rex. IMO they should be useable whenever you want, just with the current high stam cost they have, and no stam regen freeze.

2: Power attack grunt sound, why the hell is this louder than pretty much all gunshots? its so stupid, I can fire a shotgun or a rifle from the same distance and not aggro zombies, but if I power attack? Yep, they all start coming.

3: Blocks need to diffuse sounds, I am tired of looting something in a poi and it ends up aggroing everything outside the poi somehow. A zombie outside 20 blocks from a poi should not hear me opening some metal cabinet even if I am standing. This also may or may not be a part of #4 below.

4: Stop the gpsing non bloodmoon zombies, what I mean by this is non-horde night and I don't mean the wandering hordes, You won't notice it as much on vanilla due to the small spawns it has, but in some mods you'll notice the second you walk into a poi every zombie in sight will start shambling towards it even if you haven't even touched anything in it. I am talking zombies from at like clip range will suddendly start to walk right towards the poi you just entered. In some mods, this results in pretty much a large conga line of zombies coming a few minutes after you enter any poi. But its a vanilla issue, the mods with increased spawn rates just make it much more noticable.

5: Balance knives, there is no reason why a machete a steel tier item should be doing less than a iron reinforced club you can make at level 1. Same with hunting knife. The bleed effect is near useless on high hp zombies as it does its damage far to slowly on them.

My list

1. Land claims back to how they were before, the current iteration is just too small for those of us that love to build and it completely breaks online/pvp play. (Unlimited, for pvp protection and extension of base protection against players, CREATE a new block that does the crap you wanted land claims to do now with preventing zombie spawns (Oh wait didn't we already have bedrolls that did that? so whyd we need to break landclaims again? )

2. RWG

3. Maps being too damn small, I want endless maps back.

4. Zombie animations are recycled through most of them, (Same animation types for different zombie types, see "Hoodie Zed, wraith, lumberjack, tall zombie, ect)

5. Too many damn dungeon poi's, (Takes too long to loot through with a loss in profit for the trouble)

6. Too many damn destroyed POI's

7. Temperature system is stupid, all I think about when I get too hot or too cold is "It takes me longer to kill zombies now" either make temperature actually lethal or 86 it.

8. Non-visual for radiation zones, as a person who loves to explore the map I can't tell you how many times I've died to radiation, this coupled with the small map sizes and the land claim bullcrap has really destroyed the game's fun factor for me, IMO you may as well remove zombies because they aren't the main enemy anymore, its boredom.

9. Continued content "Stretching" from the devs instead of creating new content. Seriously, make new content.

10. Game play is just too linear now.

(ps: stop telling us to mod out ♥♥♥♥ we don't like, the game should be fun and exciting to play, not redundant and tedious , modding should be something to make a great game, even greater, however its required to make the game actually resemble anything "fun" anymore.

A lot of us veteran players agree that alpha 10-11 was the best alpha of the game, maybe backtrack and see where you guys messed up, this ain't a survival game, well, not traditional survival, its how long can I survive this boredom of content stretching. (!6.4 wasn't bad either, till you stealth nerfed the Sniper because PVE )

12. Weapon parts need to return, remove ability to straight up craft any gun you want, again, we need a reason to go out and search/loot.

13. Being able to craft almost literally everything is stupid, there's no reason to explore, its like the devs only want you to play "One" single way. Hunker down. Boring.

Remove ability to craft military armor, remove Steel armors , add Swat full gear in place of steel and ballistic plate protection for it, we need a reason to go out and loot!

14. All armors crippling my stamina and run speed, when I find steel armor armor I scrap it because the negative effects are just too much even for 1 piece of it.

15. Punching freaking crops instead of using action button to harvest, tedious, tedious, tedious.

16. Fully armored and still get tapped by a zed and get a damn bleed effect.

17. Too many variations of concrete blocks, limited variations of the other blocks.

18. Encumbrance needs to go away in its current form. Starting with only half an inventory is just another limiting factor when you want to search for a good starting base location.

19. Rotting flesh used to make probably the best food in the game. What (Hobo Stew) Lets just stick to composting, thank you.

20. Zombie Dogs, they need a graphic update, they look out of place and the sound horrible with their random sound wave taken from probably just a generic dog bark that you could find with a google search. They should sound more.. demonic and threatening.

21. Zombies spammy audio ques, sometimes they're too noisy and won't shut up, (I remove headset or turn off sound ) or they are too silent and they sneak up behind me and hit me (Rare but my reactions are funny when it happens )

22. Player dropped bags not fluorescent green anymore, they can actually be pretty damn hard to spot now even when you're right up on them, they legit blend in with the road and terrain.

You know when you are sneaking and your guy/girl does that stupid mini-jump when near a ledge or gets caught on a railing making him/her make noise and waking every zombie in the building up, I hope that is gone.

Oh Gods Yes! Just sneaking along a level area and boom, you make a noise because you hit a ledge that you can't see in game. One of the reasons I like to clear top ---> down, because so many times going up, you make noises on a stairway that has a mis-matched landing.

3) Level gates.

I'm surprised by how many things I agree with you on :)

I'll start.

LOL Well... You started it! :)

1.) Power attacks - Coffee seems to be broken at the moment, but I 'patched' ours and it works like it did before but not for very long... Coffee and beer does help with that. The point of that freeze is to 'exemplify'/'show' that you've just used all your 'energy'/'willpower'/'etc' into an attack and are 'exhausted' for at least a few moments.

2.) Well I'm definitely here with you on that... As "we" don't like it at all and I've patched it out...

3.) I'm definitely with you on this one too! You can even be sneaking and doing stuff and still they hear you. I have a feeling it's due to the Doctorate In Engineering/Science the AI has at the moment...

4.) Yup! This seems related to 'the best AI TFP could come up with' issue. Hopefully they'll dumb them down a bit and take away their doctorate degrees!

5.) I've been wondering about that too... Bleed effects... Long time ago I thought it was for the previously announced bandits... Where they taken out or just canned at the moment?

Now... Let me start too lol

Blueberries... Little use for them, but Valmod has blueberry jam, but what about blueberry juice?

Current spikes - can't upgrade to steel?!?

If I make a cabinet or something else, why does it have to look old and ragged?!? My wife and the girls all hate this... "If I made a cabinet it would look like that, it'd be brand new and shiny."

Scrap iron/scrap steel weapons and tools!!! I mean you have the basic knowledge from making stone tools, what about scrap tools?!? It's a 'logical' step that's been discarded, except for a few mods... "Hey! I found this sharp piece of scrap iron/steel - I should be able to make a scrap iron/steel axe out of it!"

Sure the list goes on and on, and some have said that basically you want it? Grab a mod, or make the mod... To a degree that's fine, but I wonder if it's possible to add more 'blocks' and items to the game via "referencing" 'skin'/'texture'/'etc'/'somehow.' For instance a table... Or t-shirt? You make one and it looks ugly, broken, used...

I'd like a water wheel I can drop into a stream to make electricity as well as PV panels and battery storage.

Cornbread takes an extra step than corn on the cob to produce but gives less of a bonus somehow.

Corn on the cob and a few other food items give far less HP than I think would be realistic. 2 HP is not enough, I couldn't sit and eat 50 at one sitting so I don't see why Mr Gameworld Dude can. I have lots of corn and potatoes but I can't do anything much with them on their own.

Land claim blocks in single player, the mechanic does not allow me to pick up a table saw I just put down without one, there is only me in the world so this function merely provides annoyance rather than interesting content.

Stereoscopic 3D would be nice.

Carbon Fibre or composite armour that is better than steel would be good. Most of the armour items take far less time to build than they could or should. Higher levels of equipment should take ages but should be commensurately better.

The poncho covers up the cool chest armour and there is no Arm Armour category.

5. Too many damn dungeon poi's, (Takes too long to loot through with a loss in profit for the trouble)

6. Too many damn destroyed POI's

So much this. I was super excited for the dungeon POI's before A17 came out (they were the thing I was most excited for), but I was tired of them after about the third one I did. Nonsensical (yet obvious) zombie placement (who's walling in/closing the cabinet doors for all these zombies?) and "proper" paths that more often than not screw you by dropping you into small rooms with zombies between you and the exits means I just climb walls or chop down doors to get to the loot (which isn't usually that worthwhile) faster.

Also, as someone who likes to start off in a POI before building my own base, all the destroyed POI's means that, at least on vanilla maps, the buildings that I like to live in (at least 3 stories, built out of at least cobble/brick) are almost always trashed, and therefore useless for my purposes.

I'd also like the trader to be less important (or gone, preferably), but I realize that ship has sailed.

Those silenced gunshots have lower "zombie" sound values so the mod has no visible effect. The sounds do.

Archived