Things you find silly/stupid with a17? and hope are fixed for a18.

Scyris

New one: Quests failing when you die and no way to restart or remove it from the log at all.

restart is easy at least in SP. Just use the admin option at the trader. Right now not sure if debug mode needs to be on for that or not. Quests are so abusable and repetitive that i don´t use them anymore. Also they give out way too muck tokens way too easy. Kinda ruins the game. What also needs a solution for A18 is that you can abuse them. Day 3986 on a MP server no cars anywhere? No problem. Do the Tier V quest with the cars in the basement everyday. As a bonus you get easy XP, as you can all kill them with sneak in the basement. And no need to finish the quest to reset the building for the next time...

restart is easy at least in SP. Just use the admin option at the trader. Right now not sure if debug mode needs to be on for that or not. Quests are so abusable and repetitive that i don´t use them anymore. Also they give out way too muck tokens way too easy. Kinda ruins the game. What also needs a solution for A18 is that you can abuse them. Day 3986 on a MP server no cars anywhere? No problem. Do the Tier V quest with the cars in the basement everyday. As a bonus you get easy XP, as you can all kill them with sneak in the basement. And no need to finish the quest to reset the building for the next time...

The whole resetting of a POI isn’t something I’m very happy about from a design perspective. I’m not very confident in any change however since Madmole, himself, listed resetting a POI as a “legitimate” way to make brass a renewable resource....

/say whaaaaaaat?

1. Reduce amount of bird nests by 50-60%. Since arrows now can be reused, no need for all of those nests.

2. The RWG. It's beyond horrible , and the maps are way too small. Also missing the plains biome. Even if i was

no great fan of the one that first came with A17E, it was heaps better then the current one.

3. Sounds. The car is great until it reaches higher speeds. I didn't even make the car since i disliked that sound

too much.

4. The Gyrocopter. Double speed and at least quadruple fuel capacity.

5. Stop beeing worried about people playing your game in ways not intended. Some people, including myself (of course),

like to test out and think we "invent" new ways to do stuff.

6. Enjoy the summer, and not stress too much. :)

The whole resetting of a POI isn’t something I’m very happy about from a design perspective. I’m not very confident in any change however since Madmole, himself, listed resetting a POI as a “legitimate” way to make brass a renewable resource....

/say whaaaaaaat?

You have often mentioned that the world is completely destructible. A quest in a POI that doesn't exist anymore would be a bit pointless. To solve this problem resetting the POI is probably the easiest solution.

It's probably technically impossible to solve it otherwise. You have often mentioned that the world is completely destructible. A quest in a POI that doesn't exist anymore would be a bit pointless.

Yeah, I get that. I’m just not happy about it. There are always necessary evils. I personally just refrain from using the reset ability to get extra stuff and xp because it feels like it crosses the line into cheating —for me.

/say whaaaaaaat?

I feel the same. I almost dont wanna do quests because of this. Are there any items in A18 that are quest rewards ONLY. If there isnt i may skip quests in most of my games

I feel the same. I almost dont wanna do quests because of this. Are there any items in A18 that are quest rewards ONLY. If there isnt i may skip quests in most of my games

I don’t feel like I have to avoid quests because of it. I just feel like I have to avoid this:

Accept quest

Clear POI and loot it entirely

Activate the quest marker

Clear POI and loot it entirely again.

And that is pretty easily avoided. But it isn’t a tight design because it allows for the magical exploit. The only real question is how long will it take for someone to accuse me of concerning myself with how other people choose to play the game.

I don’t feel like I have to avoid quests because of it. I just feel like I have to avoid this:

Accept quest

For a tier 5 clear quest you usually need the whole day. Sometimes longer. You don't want to do that twice.

At tier 4 and below you can do it timewise but it's not much different than looting two identical POIs in a row. Not only the loot is back but also the zombies. And if you use firearms then the ammo consumption is twice as high as if you only loot the POI once for the quest.

/say whaaaaaaat?

I play no loot respawn and totally get this sentiment. Although, I am always tempted to loot the cars right before I begin the quest... :indecisiveness:

If only the poi reset when you take the quest rather than at the quest location, this temptation would be null and I would better accept that an area I cleared has reset when not in front of my eyes, maybe more of a deja vu moment and not complete magic.

/say whaaaaaaat?

Me neither. I find it odd that this is the route they are going with being that there is such a focus on balance and weeding out things that make balance difficult. If they ever decide down the road that this POI resetting is not a good way to go, then balance has to be considered yet again.

However, not resetting POIs when you have a questing system causes problems too and they probably weigh the availability of the quests as a higher value.

What I would do is when bandits come in, let them take over those POIs, provided that there are no obstructing land claim blocks on site. If they have remained there for long enough, then the POI resets. The resetting could have a few stages as to give visual indicators that things were repaired and replaced. Then, if you have done so many quests that they just aren't being "repaired" by bandits quickly enough, then so be it... let the trader have no quests of that type for a little while. To counter this, when quests are low, make sure there is always at least one clear zombies from an area quest, or some kind of horde elimination quest, or some crafting/resource retrieval quest.

Accept quest

And that is pretty easily avoided. But it isn’t a tight design because it allows for the magical exploit. The only real question is how long will it take for someone to accuse me of concerning myself with how other people choose to play the game.

First, dont tell me how to play. Second, what if I were to put a bedroll down in every quest location I visit. Would it not reuse them? Quests get further and further away? That would be perfect.

Zombies spawn. Its a big issue. Spawn delay up to few minutes, spawn triggers, no sound on spawn, sometimes its critical. When you explore POI and it looks empty, but after few minutes you decide to jump, or hit wall with axe, and next thing you see - zombies appearing from nowhere! Or hit behind, becouse you was sure that house is empty! If it hard to fix, then just add some spawn sounds BEFORE spawn start...

Me neither. I find it odd that this is the route they are going with being that there is such a focus on balance and weeding out things that make balance difficult. If they ever decide down the road that this POI resetting is not a good way to go, then balance has to be considered yet again.

However, not resetting POIs when you have a questing system causes problems too and they probably weigh the availability of the quests as a higher value.

What I would do is when bandits come in, let them take over those POIs, provided that there are no obstructing land claim blocks on site. If they have remained there for long enough, then the POI resets. The resetting could have a few stages as to give visual indicators that things were repaired and replaced. Then, if you have done so many quests that they just aren't being "repaired" by bandits quickly enough, then so be it... let the trader have no quests of that type for a little while. To counter this, when quests are low, make sure there is always at least one clear zombies from an area quest, or some kind of horde elimination quest, or some crafting/resource retrieval quest.

I'd be fine with that... You go on a quest but someone beat you to it, oh well. Stuff happens.

/say whaaaaaaat?

If the poi has cars, you wrench them for radiators, then hit the quest starter to respawn them, then wrench them again, if you get a quest at that poi later the cars will appear again.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I get that. I’m just not happy about it. There are always necessary evils. I personally just refrain from using the reset ability to get extra stuff and xp because it feels like it crosses the line into cheating —for me.

I am like this too for example with bases, I won't exploit stuff like using 1/8th blocks that zombies think they can path on but always fall down to make a elevated corridor the zombies have 0 chance to actually get to the player. As they come close, fall thru the 1/8th concrete blocks then start at the beginning again.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd be fine with that... You go on a quest but someone beat you to it, oh well. Stuff happens.

I can see the complaining about that now in multiplayer already. Used to piss me off in FF11 when I'd go to do a quest and someone got there before me and its a thing that spawns on a 2+ hour (or more some ae 24 hours) real time timer, as I am now stuck standing there like a tool for 2 hours+.

I can see the complaining about that now in multiplayer already. Used to piss me off in FF11 when I'd go to do a quest and someone got there before me and its a thing that spawns on a 2+ hour (or more some ae 24 hours) real time timer, as I am now stuck standing there like a tool for 2 hours+.

Hmm.. but why was the quest available at the trader to begin with? That's not exactly how I pictured this happening.

The sequence would go like this for some POI:

1) Player activates quest at Trader involving POI

2) POI is marked as "damaged" and cannot be used for trader quests (for you or anyone in MP)

3) Player completed quest / quest times out

4) Some days later, by random selection of the list of damaged POIs without land claims, bandits take over POI

5) As bandits remain at POI, provided that the player doesn't interfere, POI repairs and loot is replaced until 100% restored, then the damaged flag is removed from the POI.

6) POI is available again as a quest from the trader.

Cycle repeats.

Now, what I can see happening is that there could be some moment where every single trader's POI quests are used up and awaiting restoration. This is why we need a good variety of different quest types... not only to continue the questing, but also to reduce the chances of this moment occurring in the first place.

Oke, my 2 cents (in no order):

- Too much stone and metal on the ground in the wasteland... sooo annoying when riding your bike, hit a metal thingie, point the bike in the air and then turn 180 degrees. It's even more fun when your first trader is in the middle of the wasteland.

- Add some sort of melee hit with a gun (for hitting the paintings in POI's, etc.)

- Make it easier to find other traders. The trader you get in the beginning should know about other traders. Maybe they can give some sort of hint in which general direction/area another trader might be.

- Way to many zombies in POI's. In a very small room 6-8 zombies is just stupid. You can make them harder and harder to kill with each level, even more then it is now. Even with level 180+ alot of the zombies still walk and are just 1 hit kills.

- Pathing of zombies etc. Alot of the time, even when there is a very short and clear path to me, they want to go through the wall.

Also, when they destroy 1 block in the wall, the run away to another place and start hitting there. But they should ofc hit the block above or below the one they first destroyed to create the opening.

- Auto turrets. They rip through the ammo. Why can't they have some sort of inventory for the casings?

- Why can't we make alot of the simple stuff that can be seen in the houses, etc.? If we can make alot of complex stuff, why can't we make simple pipes or other lights (why was this removed in the first place, if it was already in the game?)?

- I didn't like the removal of gun parts and now that you can even make the guns yourself.

- And adding to the point above, if you make a shotgun or auto turret, you should need to have that gun for it to make it (put it in the recipe).

- Maybe some way to see the ingredients of the recipe onscreen, when you are getting the stuff you need from your boxes.

- Even at 180+ level I find still alot of very low level guns etc.

- Too much stone and metal on the ground in the wasteland... sooo annoying when riding your bike, hit a metal thingie, point the bike in the air and then turn 180 degrees. It's even more fun when your first trader is in the middle of the wasteland.

Do you know why man started building streets out of stone? ;) I'd like more clutter in the forrests and open lands. You aren't supposed to drive with a jeep or motorcycle full speed through wild areas

- Way to many zombies in POI's. In a very small room 6-8 zombies is just stupid. You can make them harder and harder to kill with each level, even more then it is now. Even with level 180+ alot of the zombies still walk and are just 1 hit kills.

yes. as I said in multiple other treads: Put 80% outside and set them to wander instead of sleep.

- I didn't like the removal of gun parts and now that you can even make the guns yourself.

100% behind you

*too short*

You do know why all the metal and stone is on the ground in the wasteland right? They can easily make it a bit less. Let's say 80% or something of what it is now... It's still alot, but then maybe you don't have to keep zigzagging all the time.

And I was even talking about riding in the wasteland with a bike... I don't even gonna try it with the truck...

I've manged to get more than 360 while on the bike. Even did a pirouette on the front wheel before!

- Add some sort of melee hit with a gun (for hitting the paintings in POI's, etc.)

Absolutely! Run out of bullets or shells? Butt stock to the head and reload while they stagger.

- Make it easier to find other traders. The trader you get in the beginning should know about other traders. Maybe they can give some sort of hint in which general direction/area another trader might be.

Do a quest and choose a location as a reward.

- Pathing of zombies etc. Alot of the time, even when there is a very short and clear path to me, they want to go through the wall.

Also, when they destroy 1 block in the wall, the run away to another place and start hitting there. But they should ofc hit the block above or below the one they first destroyed to create the opening.

- Auto turrets. They rip through the ammo. Why can't they have some sort of inventory for the casings?

Should be able to put a box under them. Have a box in inventory and upgrade turret with a wrench.

- Why can't we make alot of the simple stuff that can be seen in the houses, etc.? If we can make alot of complex stuff, why can't we make simple pipes or other lights (why was this removed in the first place, if it was already in the game?)?

Would love to have the parts back.

- And adding to the point above, if you make a shotgun or auto turret, you should need to have that gun for it to make it (put it in the recipe).

Quit using logic!

- Maybe some way to see the ingredients of the recipe onscreen, when you are getting the stuff you need from your boxes.

- Even at 180+ level I find still alot of very low level guns etc.

Some very good points!

Return of the other custom lights please?! I used to the the old light called industiral or something light but now all there seems to be is the crappy light bulb light (minus the spotlight ofc but they just damn bright lol) And when you put the crappy light bulb light on something it looks like there;s a gap between it and the block its just meh i dont like them lol.

Some level gate reductions would be nice

Maybe more focus on the perk for synergies, i feel like the perks are too standalone. not sure how just an idea.

Archived