That Other Week Madmole Went Away

Onarr

The problem with the audio was all the bare walls. There was nothing to absorb the sound waves.

The simplest way to solve that is to hang a few blankets... as any teenage garage band will tell you.

The rule of thirds would go a long way to make the framing better although I'd be tempted to copy the framing from a good film and see if anyone notices.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_thirds

The TV series "Spaced" copied a lot of framing from the favorite films of the director, it's quite fun trying to see if you can spot them all.

The cycle continues on the forums.

A lot of people need to learn what early access is and what they signed up for and what they are not entitled to.

Good job TFP keep up good work me and others are patiently waiting and understand how things work.

It's not that, but the last time a q&a was held and not announced, they promised to give a heads up the next (this) time. Shrug. IDC though, I've no dog in this fight.

It's not that, but the last time a q&a was held and not announced, they promised to give a heads up the next (this) time. Shrug. IDC though, I've no dog in this fight.

Sorry was playing catch up. I wasn't referring to the recent Q&A thing, more about the people complaining about release schedules etc and calling out TFP for 'Shoddy dev work' which is just straight up slanderous.

From what I gather it was a spur of the moment decision to do the video in the first place so I'm not sure what kind of notice you could have expected anyway. I'm pretty sure that if this is going to be repeated regularly or even occasionally then communication will improve.

It's not like I would have been awake to see it live and participate in any case so I'm just glad the team took the effort to do it and hope for more of the same in the future.

Yeah nah.

Sorry but in a space where the devs come and interact on a daily basis on the 'official forum' then we should have a hint at least that this sort of event is coming up.

this is a fail for both the devs and the moderators in my opinion.

love you devs and trolland but this counts as a dismal fail

I missed it as well. I had no idea it was happening until the link was given to it in forum. It literally was a spur of the moment thing.

For future spur of the moment things:

1) Subscribe to FubarPrime's channel

2) Enable notifications

3) Watch everything

Prime often talks about what he's working on during his streams so....subscribe and watch. I'm betting there were no invitations sent out to any social media outlet and it was just Prime's normal audience that caught the live broadcast. The good news is there are zero "elite fan status" requirements to become part of Prime's normal audience.

The REAL travesty was that I wasn't invited to Dallas! :rant:

Actually, I do have some background related to this. I have masters degree in computer science and work as software analyst (essentialy I design information systems). There is overlap in my skills and skills of a game designer. Also I currently deveop a gamified mobile application for my PHD thesis.

I know what your saying man - I been in this game since the day it came out - in 2012 - no reason the textures can’t look 100% better then they are - look at Medieval Engineers - that’s amazing graphic work - I’m fairly new and I already converted a good chunk of the textures from this game just to teach my self blender and Photoshop - so yeah I’m with you bro - don’t listen to these button pushers - they just turn it on and play it like it’s the best thing in the world - I wanted to help - but the fourim is so bad it’s not worth the headache anymore - I moved on to C# and everything else about it

A lot of respect for those achievements in your life

Mad respect for Kane on Darkness Falls -

I missed it as well. I had no idea it was happening until the link was given to it in forum. It literally was a spur of the moment thing.

then i take it back and apologise to you. still a bit miffed tho. i check these forums (but not anywhere else) prob 4 times a day so would likely have had a chance to watch even with only few hours notice...

I know what your saying man - I been in this game since the day it came out - in 2012 - no reason the textures can’t look 100% better then they are - look at Medieval Engineers - that’s amazing graphic work - I’m fairly new and I already converted a good chunk of the textures from this game just to teach my self blender and Photoshop - so yeah I’m with you bro - don’t listen to these button pushers - they just turn it on and play it like it’s the best thing in the world - I wanted to help - but the fourim is so bad it’s not worth the headache anymore - I moved on to C# and everything else about it

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

Please tell us more about the dawning age of 7DtD in tyool 2012.

then i take it back and apologise to you. still a bit miffed tho. i check these forums (but not anywhere else) prob 4 times a day so would likely have had a chance to watch even with only few hours notice...

7d2d Discord that's where i got the link from.Among other things like updates on A18 and such

this was reported many times since A17 came out, and you never heard about this bug? wow

It seems the bug is because for the Claim Duration setting it doesn't seem to matter if the server is running or not. This is the case for multiplayer as well as singleplayer.

I play on singleplayer and also had the problem at the beginning but since I set the Claim Duration to 10 days and start the game at least once a week the bug didn't occur anymore. You can find the Claim Duration in the multiplayer section of the settings.

It seems the bug is because for the Claim Duration setting it doesn't seem to matter if the server is running or not. This is the case for multiplayer as well as singleplayer.

I play on singleplayer and also had the problem at the beginning but since I set the Claim Duration to 10 days and start the game at least once a week the bug didn't occur anymore. You can find the Claim Duration in the multiplayer section of the settings.

i dont think thats the duration issue, lcb change owner to another player, same with bed. its game breaking on PVP servers ( but who cares about pvp in this game right )

i dont think thats the duration issue, lcb change owner to another player, same with bed. its game breaking on PVP servers ( but who cares about pvp in this game right )

The same bug then also affects PvE. Therefore it does not matter if PvP is the PvE. The developers should have a look at this bug in any case. It is best to have as many people as possible report the bug so that you can get an idea under what circumstances it occurs.

I know myself how such a bug can spoil the fun of the game. I had the bug yesterday that a part of my crafting base collapsed. I guess that's because I built near a Quest POI and when rendering it sometimes loads parts of my crafting base too late and therefore something collapses here. Therefore I will build a new crafting base somewhere else. Fortunately, my horde base is in a different location.

Archived