Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

hi madmole, i wanted to ask something to you.

first, are you going to make smoke and sound grenades, also flares?

i saw in some zombie games that they use some of these objects to atract zeds in large numbers and out of specific areas to avoid danger when looting. i think this could be pretty good if we want to just loot or escape from hordes.

second, this maybe is kinda weird question but, are the snakes ingame zombies as well? or regular ones? cause its kinda weird that they are inside places with regular zeds as well, and without being attacked by them. what kind of connection they have?

i saw in some zombie games that they use some of these objects to atract zeds in large numbers and out of specific areas to avoid danger when looting. i think this could be pretty good if we want to just loot or escape from hordes.

second, this maybe is kinda weird question but, are the snakes ingame zombies as well? or regular ones? cause its kinda weird that they are inside places with regular zeds as well, and without being attacked by them. what kind of connection they have?

Yeah like you could have alarms to lure them , pipe bombs with a Alarm clock on it or even bait made with meat , tape and Rotten Flesh

I disagree about the flares and agree about the snakes. I get that it's a game but snakes don't just pursue giant prey. I think snakes should be like pigs and deer and just do their own thing unless provoked. And if you say they're zombie snakes.. well... that's just silly.

They are as regular as a post nuclear war rad zone snake can be I suppose.

i think there should be Zombie Wolfs which are Much stronger then a Dog and can howl to lure near by zombies

Zombie Boars would Charge at Building and act like A Battering ram

Hey hey hey.. A18 been blue balling me so long I gotta release somehow! :)

Who wins the grudge match if it ever happens? Stipe or Cormier?

Stipe proved that DC got lucky. He weathered that storm in the 2nd fight and proved his toughness and solved the puzzle and finished DC. Once you know the other guys weakness I don't see DC making any corrections that stop a bigger/faster man. So Stipe all the way. DC doesn't even deserve a title shot, its Predators time and noone can stop that man.

But, they have the cash cow trilogy to cash in on, so the guy who earned it has to sit on the sidelines because money dictates title fights not rankings or who earned what.

Predator will KO both DC and Stipe in the first round, nothing can stop that guy. He was hit in the head with some sledgehammers and never even wobbled. DC said Cain V was the best heavyweight in the world and one loose sloppy glove of Predator put the lights out on him, it wasn't even a clean shot. Noone can take one of his clean shots IMO.

@madmole I also think a Flinger that uses air pressure and springs to Fling Zombies or break there legs and a Tesla Trap its a compacted Box with a Car Battery and 3 Tesla coils with exposed Cable and Zaps zombies but uses A lot of power

Oh that brought an interesting idea to mind... A boss zombie that can grab zombies and throw them at the player where they ragdoll and then get up and fight. Could be used to lob zombies over walls or fortifications.

Watch George Romero's zombies and also the Walking Dead. They are undead, not infected people that feel pain and are smart. Since when does a zombie punches you? Since when zombies know how to avoid traps? It's totally bull...sh.it... They should be stupid as hell and with no special abilities.

He also did The Crazies which had infected (zombies) people his partnership with John A. Russo split when he didn't like the faster Zombies of the genre.

Z Nation has many variety of Zombie and continued the development Romeo started in his Land of the dead.

Stipe proved that DC got lucky. He weathered that storm in the 2nd fight and proved his toughness and solved the puzzle and finished DC. Once you know the other guys weakness I don't see DC making any corrections that stop a bigger/faster man. So Stipe all the way. DC doesn't even deserve a title shot, its Predators time and noone can stop that man.

But, they have the cash cow trilogy to cash in on, so the guy who earned it has to sit on the sidelines because money dictates title fights not rankings or who earned what.

Predator will KO both DC and Stipe in the first round, nothing can stop that guy. He was hit in the head with some sledgehammers and never even wobbled. DC said Cain V was the best heavyweight in the world and one loose sloppy glove of Predator put the lights out on him, it wasn't even a clean shot. Noone can take one of his clean shots IMO.

Stipe already beat Naganuu.

If DC wrestled Stipe more instead trading shots I think DC would have won again.

I think Cain injured his knee going for a takedown on Naganuu… disappointing fight. I'm not saying Cain would have won.. im just saying I wish it didn't play out the way it did -- I would have liked to have actually seen a fight.

madmole you said there was a big surprise in a18 was this discussed in the forum or are we going to discover it when we play? (:

I remember him mentioning an ace up his sleeve not too long ago, but he revealed that it was just him having time to deeply test all the different builds.

Archived