Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Lol I never asked for proof but if you wanna bring it up where is your proof? I mean how are we to take you seriously as well? It goes both ways. The movie warm bodies was described as a zombie movie but they ended up being smart. But guess they shouldn't of called that a zombie movie huh? Like I no rules have been set on how zombies should be. It is all opinion based. The zombies is in the game and written on it. I think it is more up to you to show valid reasons for it to not be besides a opinion. So guess until you do we can't take you seriously.

I think you got enough proofs that zombies are depicted in many movies and games as slow stupid shamblers. Do your research bro like meganoth did. I got the answer that I needed regarding zombies, what they are or what they can be. There is no need to continue this.

To be honest, I feel a bit disappointed with the direction that this game is going. Please TFP, and fellow gamers... treat this as a constructive criticism, I am not bashing or attacking anyone.

I am a veteran player, I play since Alpha 1, I loved the game and it still has a place in my heart, but this is in NO WAY a ZOMBIE apocalypse game. You should definitely change the description of the game, because there is not even a single thing that is zombie like in the game.

I know Madmole said that their "zombies" have a unique lore, something like World War Z, but at least don't call it a zombie game because it's not and the "zombies" in World War Z are not zombies, they are just infected people that bite other people to spread the disease, because they feel driven to spread the disease thanks to the virus they are infected with. So if I am infected with a virus that makes me bite people...that makes me a zombie? No, end of story. You can't take a carbonara pasta recipe and add tomato sauce and call it carbonara pasta, because it is not. Feel free to eat the way you want, the sky is the limit and if you like carbonara base recipe + tomato sauce, go for it, but don't call it carbonara. Let's say I develop a racing game and it is meant to be a racing game, but after a lot of alphas I think: "Hmmm, let's add a combat system to the game, guns mounted on cars, special abilities, etc" which would totally make the game something else than what it was meant to be in the first place, now it is a racing-combat game, which was not meant to be when it was created.

Really now, zombies that are smart and avoid traps? Zombies that feel pain and grab their arm/leg when you hit them with the fireaxe or whatever? Zombies that are radiated? Zombies that puke (cops)? Zombies that punch/slap/hit you? A zombie is a living dead, it doesn't feel pain, it doesn't have special abilities and it is certainly not intelligent. Festering corpse is the name of a zombie, really? Corpse? Since when does a corpse feel pain?

I am very disappointed that you made all the normal zombies smart....the traps are totally worthless when you got a horde that can easily avoid them. "Hey, let's surround our base 360 degrees with traps so the "zombies" would walk into them". This is the only way to play A17. This should be a zombie apocalypse game, and it was meant to be so from the very beginning, at least change the description to "infected people apocalypse game" or whatever. Now you will say "It's too easy even with intelligent zombies, so, why take away the challenge? It would be too boring and easy". Well, you got cops, vultures, ferals, dogs, bears, radiated people, spiders and now you will get demolisher "zombie" in A18 plus Behemoth that may or may not come in future alphas...so if you complain about lack of challenge, then ask TFP to make more unique CREATURES, because they can't be called zombies. Plus the bandits are coming, so they will certainly be a challenge.

You have a right to agree or disagree with me, and before you bash me because of this criticism, you should know that I have the right to open my mouth and say my opinion, and I am in no way "butthurt". This is not an attack to TFP, just constructive criticism, treat it like that.

I can't disagree with anything you are saying about the AI but you have to keep in mind.

This is Alpha - yeah blah...blah.. 5 years...blah blah.. it is still Alpha. Nothing you brought up here is new and has already been addressed. This is not the final state of the game nor is it the final vision they hope to put out. They are working on the AI and it is still in development. Not much of the AI zombie behavior is out right intentional at all.

Regarding the special zombies I agree, it's not really my bag either.

hate me or not, it doesnt change what i will say...

this is TFP's vision and NOT Hollywood's. :)

we do not need to turn this discussion into an argument over proof of concept and lore. :)

maybe moderators need to send out a "please chill" message

I only hate you because you can launch and play A18 right now ;)

we do not need to turn this discussion into an argument over proof of concept and lore. :)

No worries mate. You all are still allowed to call them zombies! No /proof/ needed. ;)

Cheers

You're right man. I don't hate anyone for not agreeing with me, don't take me wrong, but good arguments were needed. I hope this discussion is ended...because there is no point to continue.

I think you got enough proofs that zombies are depicted in many movies and games as slow stupid shamblers. Do your research bro. I got the answer that I needed regarding zombies, what they are or what they can be. There is no need to continue this.

I have seen many movies and played many games. Several movies and games are different and have different types. Some are common to some and others common to others. Some are just totally different. I'm not arguing with you on zombies being dumb. You the one that says that the game shouldn't have zombies written on it and go on about misleading. My argument is where is it a rule that zombies must only be dumb? So until I see the rule i have to agree to disagree that they should take the word zombies out of the game. But you are right you have your opinion on it so no point to continue this.

I can't disagree with anything you are saying about the AI but you have to keep in mind.

This is Alpha - yeah blah...blah.. 5 years...blah blah.. it is still Alpha. Nothing you brought up here is new and has already been addressed. This is not the final state of the game nor is it the final vision they hope to put out. They are working on the AI and it is still in development. Not much of the AI zombie behavior is out right intentional at all.

Well, I thought all zombies should be slow stupid shamblers and it was my fault in assuming so. The fact that it is alpha has nothing to do with zombies being smart or not, since TFP are trying for a long time and most likely will make the zombies even smarter, not stupid. It was just me thinking that zombies should not be smart. :)

I have seen many movies and played many games. Several movies and games are different and have different types. Some are common to some and others common to others. Some are just totally different. I'm not arguing with you on zombies being dumb. You the one that says that the game shouldn't have zombies written on it and go on about misleading. My argument is where is it a rule that zombies must only be dumb? So until I see the rule i have to agree to disagree that they should take the word zombies out of the game. But you are right you have your opinion on it so no point to continue this.

I already changed my opinion about zombies. It's the way I grew up with them...so I guess I have to retract my words about them not being lore friendly. Now it's only a preference, a personal taste since I got used with them in a way.

Well, I thought all zombies should be slow stupid shamblers and it was my fault in assuming so. The fact that it is alpha has nothing to do with zombies being smart or not, since TFP are trying for a long time and most likely will make the zombies even smarter, not stupid. It was just me thinking that zombies should not be smart. :)

Nothing wrong with having an opinion. What's wrong is assuming your opinion is the one true way and everyone should agree. Your not arguing math, your arguing more about whether chocolate tastes better than vanilla.

You can make fun of this all you want, the game is becoming less and less pleasing for many people (look at my reply with Games4kickz's youtube video link and see for yourself that I'm not the only one...you got himself saying that zombies should not be smart and horde nights are ♥♥♥♥..if you want challenge, add unique zombies, but don't make normal zombies smart as hell...and I was of the same opinion before I saw his video....and also the people in the video's comments started to say that too). If you think I get offended you're wrong, but this game is 0% zombie like, whether you want to admit it or not. ;)

Let's not forget the AI is not final yet. I wouldnt be surprised if zombie AI changed again after bandits are added in.

My guess would be an underground tunnel and ladder. And he better hope he doesn't fall off the platform, lol.

Yeah its ok to have an underground tunnel but that being the only way in/up wastes too much time getting in and out, and your point of falling off is an issue. Plus repair/maintenance if your spikes are too deep you can't reach them.

Yeah its ok to have an underground tunnel but that being the only way in/up wastes too much time getting in and out, and your point of falling off is an issue. Plus repair/maintenance if your spikes are too deep you can't reach them.

no issues whatsoever, drop frames on top of spikes to make a temp walkway and move around as needed, that way you can reach any place and repair/replace any spike.

Prime: What are you talking about? This is not a ****ing piece of evidence! This is a person! He's a friend of mine, and you're not going to bury him in the ****ing garden.

Roland: He was killed serving Project 7D2D, sir.

Prime: This is Mad Mole.

Kinyajuu: But in 7D2D, we have no names.

Prime: No, listen to me. This is a man and he has a name, and it's Mad Mole, okay?

Faatal: Mad Mole.

Prime: He is dead now, because of us, all right? You understand that?

[Everyone stares at Prime]

Faatal: I understand. In death, a member of 7D2D has a name. His name is Mad Mole.

Roland: His name is Mad Mole.

Prime: Stop it! Shut up!

All 7D2D Staff: His name is Mad Mole!

All 7D2D Staff (louder): His name is Mad Mole! His name is Mad Mole!

Now if only Fight Club had this brilliant script writing...

Archived