Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

I guess one can argue that DC is more deserving because he won the 1st fight, but I see your point. I'd love to see DC fight Naganuu, just because of the size difference.. it would be hilarious lol. I do like Naganou -- its always cool to have a massive scary heavyweight that can knock people out cold. DC is a good guy but he is kind of whiny for my taste.

I just watched the slo-mo. I think Im convinced it was the uppercut, not the knee. Though I don't hold Cain on as high a pedestal as DC does. I think they secretly make out after training :)

Yeah I like DC as a commentator, but hate him as a fighter. The way he laid and preyed against anderson silva was a disgrace. Ngannu I think would just roll in there and smash him, but DC would shoot because Ngannu's only weakness is no ground game. Which is why they won't put that together, nobody wants to see DC lay on him for 25 minutes. Stipe has enough wrestling DC never really tried taking him down if I recall.

Are you scared of a little work patching up walls?

Food poisoning puts an occasional survival issue into the game. Eat canned foods if you are that worried about it buy the perk that lowers the risk.

Removing demolishers won't be easy but editing how much damage they do would be. But it feels like premature knee jerking to me when you haven't experienced either of these things. Challenges are what make the game fun. That is why I used to quit by day 21-35 by most alphas there was no challenge and I was end game.

If I may make a suggestion as to explain why some people (including myself) 'kneejerk' at this stuff - it would be this.

We have had certain 'features' added to the game - digging zombies being one of them for a start - which some people (again, myself included) do not like and wish could be turned off.

Having the option to disable features, certain zombies, or anything else can only be a positive thing. Choice. Lets say it together - choice.

C. H. O. I. C. E.

Did I mention choice? That way any selfish individuals intolerant to options - having things both ways and not only 'their way' could just shut their traps and play exactly how they like, and the rest of us can flip switches and enjoy, and be grateful to the developers for bestowing such wonderful gifts upon us to create our very own truly individual instances.

#LikeThat'llEverHappen 😂

Note do you think any zombies that were Removed will ever make a Return like the Fat Hawaii zombie?

zombies like the frigid hunter. and others?

Hey Adam,

The last I saw the flyin' Hawaiian was back in. I'm not sure about the frigid hunter. You don't mean the lumberjack do you? 🤔

Oh wow that must have been an Alpha before I picked it up.

That looks quite nice actually. And I, for one, am all for new zombie models. And a few new old models 😂

Seeing the same zombies again and again just gets boring and especially when you see spawns consisting of 60% of the same zombie.

Numbers don't even need to be increased, a little variation makes the world of difference.

Oh wow that must have been an Alpha before I picked it up.

That looks quite nice actually. And I, for one, am all for new zombie models.

Seeing the same zombies again and again just gets boring and especially when you see groups of them that sometimes spawn 60% of the same zombie.

Numbers don't even need to be increased, a little variation makes the world of difference.

granted 1 zombie Had to be Removed "the feral walker" because it was a used model in another game.

also i made a Post that you could check out (if you wish) https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?126260-New-Zombie-Types!-and-Special-zombies

granted 1 zombie Had to be Removed "the feral walker" because it was a used model in another game.

also i made a Post that you could check out (if you wish) https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?126260-New-Zombie-Types!-and-Special-zombies

That is a lot of work you put in. Good job 😊

I like those ideas very much, the elderly and father zombies and female counterparts like the mohawked biker and businesswoman - and some really great supporting stuff there like radiation damage, fireball fireman, and small area zombie heals 😁

It would be great to see some of those things in. At the moment its a bit stale and if even a couple of your ideas were implemented it would be a lot of fun.

The bodybuilder with the health of six zombie bears may be a *little* OP though 😂😂😂

@Madmole, with the double barreled shotgun could it have a mod that extends the barrel to a normal length? I like the idea of two consecutive shells hitting bears. Also, the reload for the double barrel seems off. Perhaps add some shells fly out when opened, and also show the shells being loaded into the gun? Not to mention the scaling for the Grenade and the pipe bomb seem really off when thrown, might want to tweak that as well.

That is a lot of work you put in. Good job ��

I like those ideas very much, the elderly and father zombies and female counterparts like the mohawked biker and businesswoman - and some really great supporting stuff there like radiation damage, fireball fireman, and small area zombie heals ��

It would be great to see some of those things in. At the moment its a bit stale and if even a couple of your ideas were implemented it would be a lot of fun.

The bodybuilder with the health of six zombie bears may be a *little* OP though ������

The body Builder is like the Mid stage Behemoth while the one joel would add would basically A armored Train

the Body builder is Strong but the best way to kill him is to break his legs and then Finnish him off thx tho

and i hope at lease 1 of them get added also i made some other post thxs for the feed back!

The body Builder is like the Mid stage Behemoth while the one joel would add would basically A armored Train

the Body builder is Strong but the best way to kill him is to break his legs and then Finnish him off thx tho

and i hope at lease 1 of them get added also i made some other post thxs for the feed back!

You're most welcome 😁

I just saw MadMoles latest video, have you seen it?

The grenades look amazing and they pack a real punch. Size adjustments could be made and perhaps they could exchange those super-bounce rubber pipebombs for some metal ones.

Also, MadMole - seriously, whats going on with that seizure-like wonky harvesting with that knife??

Not a positive change there. Your previous animation was far, far better. The sawnoff/short barrel shotgun is a heap of ♥♥♥♥ too.

I really think you should be getting exp from the trap/spike kills. It's a rip off wasting ammo on zombies like that businessman who took three of your bullets before being killed on the spikes you laid - and from what I saw you got nothing for it but charged those 3 bullets and a spike trap.

No he's being serious because it takes 20 paragraphs out of you to spell out a simple one liner of your actual critique. To me it sounded like you didn't want horde night and you want every zombie to lemmings off a cliff and lay there for you spear them in the head and collect the loot, and no pain feedback. Slowly I'm piecing it together but I'm still confused. How are zombies too smart?

Since when zombies are able to avoid traps? Instead of my getting my traps to be useful, zombies are attacking the weakest link in the base, which may be the door for example. So I got zombies coming from north, south, east and west, and instead of them hammering the walls down, they are ALL just running to destroy the door, then move to the next weakest link of the base and avoid the traps altogether. That's what I mean by smart.

Traps are worthless and a piece of garbage. Not even worth the time and effort if you got good armor, weapons and solid walls. What's the point in making traps that can be avoided? Look at the Walking Dead, they go into spikes without even trying to avoid them or know that those spikes are a danger. And since when a random zombie can come from distance and determine where's the weakest link of the base, did they make a plan before attacking? No. That's my problem with your zombies. I said that I still enjoy the game, but normal zombies are too smart for a "zombie", so no fun horde nights for a while, at least until you add some options to make regular or all zombies dumb. The reason I write so much is because people read just half of everything I said, take a small phrase out of context and hammer me down with it, so yeah, I need to explain things like I explain something to a child. In short, if I want a challenge, then make a unique zombie like the cop or behemoth or whatever, but leave normal walkers like the nurse dumb. Hope I made myself clear. I already admitted I was wrong when it came to zombie lore, but I still want an option to make zombies dumb.

Trimmed.

I'm completely with you again. In fact, I have a confession to make.

In light of zombies behaving the way they do, since blade traps were released - I honestly and sincerely haven't ever crafted any.

I can second that zombies coming from the same direction at least all take the safe route instead of clambering over your spike traps unless theres no wag to you and the walls have to come down.

This is a legitimate frustration that does indeed call into question the point of traps. MadMole does have a tendency to take things to the extreme sometimes too - people don't always take criticism well.

Are you scared of a little work patching up walls?

No, but they destroy spikes without taking too much damage themself. Not sure about barbed wire or barbed wire fences. I am just not fine with a zombie that can pretty much bypass spikes. Adding superzombies just feels too cheesy a way to add a challenge.

I'm completely with you again. In fact, I have a confession to make.

In light of zombies behaving the way they do, since blade traps were released - I honestly and sincerely haven't ever crafted any.

I can second that zombies coming from the same direction at least all take the safe route instead of clambering over your spike traps unless theres no wag to you and the walls have to come down.

This is a legitimate frustration that does indeed call into question the point of traps. MadMole does have a tendency to take things to the extreme sometimes too - people don't always take criticism well.

Yeah, if I and others could see the problem, I don't understand how Madmole couldn't see it, or he didn't want to see it because he likes the way this game is going. Okay, you call your game a tower defense game, then please, make traps actually be useful and not to be avoided! With traps that can be avoided, they are worthless so no horde nights until TFP add zombie intelligence options for zombies...I guess this is it for vanilla 7dtd until then...or at the very least no horde nights.

Since when zombies are able to avoid traps? Instead of my getting my traps to be useful, zombies are attacking the weakest link in the base, which may be the door for example. So I got zombies coming from north, south, east and west, and instead of them hammering the walls down, they are ALL just running to destroy the door, then move to the next weakest link of the base and avoid the traps altogether. That's what I mean by smart.

Traps are worthless and a piece of garbage. Not even worth the time and effort if you got good armor, weapons and solid walls. What's the point in making traps that can be avoided? Look at the Walking Dead, they go into spikes without even trying to avoid them or know that those spikes are a danger. And since when a random zombie can come from distance and determine where's the weakest link of the base, did they make a plan before attacking? No. That's my problem with your zombies. I said that I still enjoy the game, but normal zombies are too smart for a "zombie", so no fun horde nights for a while, at least until you add some options to make regular or all zombies dumb. The reason I write so much is because people read just half of everything I said, take a small phrase out of context and hammer me down with it, so yeah, I need to explain things like I explain something to a child. In short, if I want a challenge, then make a unique zombie like the cop or behemoth or whatever, but leave normal walkers like the nurse dumb. Hope I made myself clear. I already admitted I was wrong when it came to zombie lore, but I still want an option to make zombies dumb.

I'm not sure what you're on about. After a little trail and error I found simply spacing defenses as spike,spike,barb going outward repeating has been very effective for night 7s. Im sure that'll need an adjustment once I get demolishers, but otherwise the zombies aren't that hard to deal with with just a little more efficient layout. They're still pretty dumb overall, all things considered, and can be leaded easily if you basebuild with that in mind.

I'm not sure what you're on about. After a little trail and error I found simply spacing defenses as spike,spike,barb going outward repeating has been very effective for night 7s. Im sure that'll need an adjustment once I get demolishers, but otherwise the zombies aren't that hard to deal with with just a little more efficient layout. They're still pretty dumb overall, all things considered, and can be leaded easily if you basebuild with that in mind.

You may be okay with that, fine, I'm not and others like me or not. They aren't that dumb. How in the world do zombies know that my door is the weakest link? How? Are they able to make complicated calculations and make a plan to attack my base? Do they have a strategist that I haven't heard of? Are they controlled by a super intelligent hive mind like the tyranids from the Warhammer 40k? No.

Even when I go on a multiplayer server and want to destroy a guy's base, I have to go around and look for weak spots and figure where to attack and it takes a while. Zombies do that waaaaay to easily. This isn't a chess game, like "OH, zombies know the weakest link in my base is the door, so let's place a blade trap there". How about leading the normal dumb walkers to a place where I got my blade traps so they can be slaughtered while I make a plan to deal with the unique zeds like the cops? What's next, TFP making zombies dig under your base when you surround your base 360 degrees with spikes and traps? Madmole said that we may see a difference in A18, so I'll wait and see..and if I still don't like it, then zombie intelligence options FTW. Actually, I do want those zombie intelligence options that Madmole mentioned. The greatest thing about this game is that I can customize my own apocalypse, like in Project Zomboid.

You're most welcome

I just saw MadMoles latest video, have you seen it?

The grenades look amazing and they pack a real punch. Size adjustments could be made and perhaps they could exchange those super-bounce rubber pipebombs for some metal ones.

Also, MadMole - seriously, whats going on with that seizure-like wonky harvesting with that knife??

Not a positive change there. Your previous animation was far, far better. The sawnoff/short barrel shotgun is a heap of ♥♥♥♥ too.

I really think you should be getting exp from the trap/spike kills. It's a rip off wasting ammo on zombies like that businessman who took three of your bullets before being killed on the spikes you laid - and from what I saw you got nothing for it but charged those 3 bullets and a spike trap.

I think the doublebarrle shotgun should have the Long barrel and instead of aiming it fires Both Trigger

and Personally i like the new animations but the knife could uses some work though

Archived