madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Madmole... How many of you are there? Lol :nightmare:

PUs70YL.png

Prime: What are you talking about? This is not a ****ing piece of evidence! This is a person! He's a friend of mine, and you're not going to bury him in the ****ing garden.

Roland: He was killed serving Project 7D2D, sir.

Prime: This is Mad Mole.

Kinyajuu: But in 7D2D, we have no names.

Prime: No, listen to me. This is a man and he has a name, and it's Mad Mole, okay?

Faatal: Mad Mole.

Prime: He is dead now, because of us, all right? You understand that?

[Everyone stares at Prime]

Faatal: I understand. In death, a member of 7D2D has a name. His name is Mad Mole.

Roland: His name is Mad Mole.

Prime: Stop it! Shut up!

All 7D2D Staff: His name is Mad Mole!

All 7D2D Staff (louder): His name is Mad Mole! His name is Mad Mole!

I know it's way off but would going Gold come with a massive content update and fresh marketing to try and get some new people's attention once more? The only current trailers for 7 Days really don't represent the game too well anymore!

going gold means basically the end of dev for this game :( don't say the gold word lol. just joking but for real. I do not understand why people think going gold changes anything.

I'm obviously not familiar with how things work under the hood but giving POI zeds a higher priority than zeds in the wild, and despawning the farthest zeds in the wild once you enter a POI until there's enough free slots for sleepers doesn't seem too much of a hassle to fix that cheese.

This would be a very interesting playthrough and a mod idea i'd love to give a try. A 4K map would probably be enough but there's a ton of RWG work at hand to make it feel nice and tight (spread out POIs in the outskirts, and spawn more and more POIs/towns the closer to 0,0 you are, with 0,0 being the only city of the map where the endgame lies).

@Madmole how likely is the 4th of october ? We're planning to do a full week-end LAN party playing 7 Days with my friends, but I have 2 kids that would need to stay over by their grandparents. It would kinda suck organizing the whole thing if it ends up postponed again ^^

If you're gonna do a weekend party playing then you'll have 5 days notice after it comes out for us on a MONDAY..... Only the streamers get it Friday.

I'm obviously not familiar with how things work under the hood but giving POI zeds a higher priority than zeds in the wild, and despawning the farthest zeds in the wild once you enter a POI until there's enough free slots for sleepers doesn't seem too much of a hassle to fix that cheese. <snip>

Ewwwwww why would you not want zombies outside while clearing a POI? That would just dull the game down. I want the threat of outside zombies hearing me clear a POI. The game is a bit easy as is, if anything add more zombies outside, especially in cities! :)

In A19 i think it'd be cool to change punching dismemberment to limb/neck breaking, meaning the neck/limb would just ragdoll and go limp. Obviously that's instant death to the neck. It would be a cool distinction between blades dismembering and blunts breaking.

Not for zombies. Down the road I want to add an option to where only head trauma can kill a zombie.

Prime: What are you talking about? This is not a ****ing piece of evidence! This is a person! He's a friend of mine, and you're not going to bury him in the ****ing garden.

Roland: He was killed serving Project 7D2D, sir.

Prime: This is Mad Mole.

Kinyajuu: But in 7D2D, we have no names.

Prime: No, listen to me. This is a man and he has a name, and it's Mad Mole, okay?

Faatal: Mad Mole.

Prime: He is dead now, because of us, all right? You understand that?

[Everyone stares at Prime]

Faatal: I understand. In death, a member of 7D2D has a name. His name is Mad Mole.

Roland: His name is Mad Mole.

Prime: Stop it! Shut up!

All 7D2D Staff: His name is Mad Mole!

All 7D2D Staff (louder): His name is Mad Mole! His name is Mad Mole!

We are Negan...😅

Check out Madmole's Perception Intellect build on Day 16.

#7daystodie

I really liked the video, it's nice you showed more aspects than just zombie killing.

Just one thing, which is really OCD inducing for me: Stamina is still always one digit less than the max cap. Are you planning to fix that in the future?

I really liked the video, it's nice you showed more aspects than just zombie killing.

Just one thing, which is really OCD inducing for me: Stamina is still always one digit less than the max cap. Are you planning to fix that in the future?

YES PLEASE PLEASE FIX the one less digit bug. God it is so annoying for us who have gaming OCD.

fdgfdgfd.png

Not for zombies. Down the road I want to add an option to where only head trauma can kill a zombie.

Well, that's going to a long way down the road. Until you can have a max alive in the hundreds, allowing a bunch of dismembered zombies to fill up the living pool means an easy way to cheese POI headcounts.

Archived