Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

I hope you can come up with another way to get beakers. 2nd play through in a row I cant find one. Looted some small popin pills and that huge hospital with no luck cant make gunpowder or med kits.

I had two in my chest today on day 16 and crafted a chem station. I made no special effort to get one.

@Madmole

Even a perk one must invest in in order to unlock crafting a beaker would be nice. I would waste one point just to be able to craft a beaker vs spending up to a week in game searching.

EDIT: better yet a book! this way no need to waste a point :)

Yeah there are no books to augment the int guy, good idea. Not happening for 18 though.

MM can you make the dump all to storage button for a18 experimental? This fast tweak will get you lots of love. Easy, clean. No belt. Good stuff.

Not a feature but just you making QOL nerd love with the community.

We might be open to dress and roleplay to ask you for that tweak Lol.

No but its on the good idea list.

So, I noticed ALL of the spikes still have blood on them as the default texture. Still illogical, seriously, they never did before, only after they'd been damaged 1 level, which made actual sense. So texture #2 and onward would have blood, which does make sense, and was very useful for repairs and seeing what locations Z were messing with defenses.

Anyway, I thought you did, or were going to, fix this. Does not seem all that difficult, I dunno, think it can/will still happen before experimental?

In 19 or 20.

Can you rephrase the question? I don't understand.

Sorry. If I am not mistaken, we are still only having 1 land claim block per person, right? If so, would it be possible to implement a system for a smaller radius land claim or something like that more specifically around mines since we can no longer get resources from the small top side boudlers only?

On multiplayer servers, for example, I can imagine that the mining node areas around traders (since people like to build there) would get exhausted very quickly. This would allow people to expand beyond their limited protected area and build a mine without fear of their specific find being ransacked by others, even if it is just for a short period of time.

Come to think about it, this may really be more for new people joining an established server in some cases....I may have just talked myself out of this idea.

In 19 or 20.

Good to hear the spike textures are getting some attention. Have you given any thought to making them tessellate better in 3D? A simple bar that looks like support would work and prevent the floating spikes you get from multiple layers.

That's literally the only thing that prevents me from skinning my base in more than a single layer of spikes :-)

you guys did fix the zombies just attack and blowing up cars for no reason i hope

Hope not, I love it! Hell I plan to make a barrel that's full of gas that has 1hp so you can shoot and destroy it.

Strategically place them on bm's...

...I'd love it if only flaming arrows exploded it, but I'll take what I can get.

Archived