Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Not the best community? Take your smeef and GTF outta here!!! ;)

Well.. To be honest, the community here isn't so very great. There's this guy who's making inappropriate jokes all the time. And one who is obsessed with rocks. I've been told there's even a math teacher in here, if you believe it!

- - - Updated - - -

Short. Slender, 34B, abs

Is long and fat also okay?

I wish there's a forum achievement for keeping up with this thread over phone, heh.. :-)

So, seems like A18 will release either around my birthday, or around when my wife's delivery date. xD I envy youuuu guys so much as I doubt I'll join for some time after we bring baby home, so please don't break it. :-D

Anyway, @madmole , what is your suggestion for 1st A18 playthrough? Any tips, favorite builds etc? :-)

I think an early congratulations is in order! May you continue to have good fortune in the future.

Madmole said they are gonna decide today if they release it this week or in October

Its not coming Friday, so it will be October. Sorry but too many MF's yet. This will give me more time to balance intellect, perception and more general balance as more members of the team are getting more free time to test. This will be enough time to have a really soft landing. So Oct 4th barring no disasters.

Its not coming Friday, so it will be October. Sorry but too many MF's yet. This will give me more time to balance intellect, perception and more general balance as more members of the team are getting more free time to test. This will be enough time to have a really soft landing. So Oct 4th barring no disasters.

Cool, I want to see those Junk turrets in action; against a horde. How far are you now in this play through? Maybe another video to lift some spirits :angel:

Hmm, and I land back in Australia on 7 October, so yeah, that works for me. ;-)

damn! and I already have a week AL booked with the kids for their holidays.

perfect timing for me thanks :-)

Glad to hear it! Don't work your team too hard. We (most of us) can survive a few more weeks or more if needed. If we can be of any help, let us know...seriously.

Which Year?????

Has the door collider been looked at, or was/is it one of the MF bugs?

I found it annoying/disappointing that in MMs hordenight vids, zombies glitched through the vault door every once a while, because there were so much of them outside, squeezing each other to the door.

It was not just a door issue. They could get pushed through walls. It was a few days work, but I reworked the controller collision overlap code so it always resolves world collisions first.

Changes:

Fixed SDTD-9909 Large crowds of zombies can jump, be pushed, fall through, or get stuck inside doors and blocks (changed KCC overlap handling to do world hits before entity, then closest entity using smaller depenetrate and skip if had a world hit. EntityMoveHelper will not ragdoll other entities).

Fixed AI jump could make KCC go into ceiling (added zero y motion).

Cool, I want to see those Junk turrets in action; against a horde. How far are you now in this play through? Maybe another video to lift some spirits :angel:

I'm on day 14 a few hours before the horde. I'm not recording it though. I'll do another video to show my progress though. I'm able to craft a motorcycle now (bought a chassis and found handlebar schematics) but I'm lacking tires so I'm focused on getting that bad boy up and running.

We found a bug in the buried supplies that was granting pink stuff, so I'll scrap my pink guns and move forward without them.

It was not just a door issue. They could get pushed through walls. It was a few days work, but I reworked the controller collision overlap code so it always resolves world collisions first.

Changes:

Fixed SDTD-9909 Large crowds of zombies can jump, be pushed, fall through, or get stuck inside doors and blocks (changed KCC overlap handling to do world hits before entity, then closest entity using smaller depenetrate and skip if had a world hit. EntityMoveHelper will not ragdoll other entities).

The thing is, not just zombies/AI do that.

It happens in this video exactly at the: 6.30 mark. He apparently clips through the floor on top of Zds corpses and teleports to the upper floor, exactly like Zds do. So players are also affected by this bug.

Perfect because Friday Zelda: Link's Awakening comes out and I'll need to spend some days on it.

Perfect because Friday Zelda: Link's Awakening comes out and I'll need to spend some days on it.

That's actually why I was hoping it comes this friday. That way Zelda would keep my busy until the worst bugs are fixed. Not that I mind bugs that much (I actually don't, since it's still alpha and an experimental build), but it's always more fun with less bugs. ;)

Also my friend I'm playing with probably don't want to start over again every other week when a new .x version releases, so it would actually make sense to wait with our coop game until the stable build releases. So having other games play until the stable version releases would be even better.

But don't get me wrong. I don't care that much about release date. I'm just happy it will release and I will play the ♥♥♥♥ out of it, no matter which version and no matter how often I will have to start over. It's just that the timing would've been great for me, if it would release at the same time as Zelda does.

Changes:

Funny you count 4-5 zombie as "large" :). I think several is better word there .

Changes:

Love your changelogs, please Give Us more of this.

Cool , more time to adjust the other stat builds is nice...even though I will be punching everything to death , I still like that there will be different things to try out eventually in different playthroughs!

Archived