Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Anyone can cheese and exploit most games.

Heck, TFP let you cheat and if that's what you call fun, do it.

Enjoy.

Dude, no, you get it all wrong. Read the posts. It's double cheese. Meganoth explained it already. Constantly killing yourself is keeping you alive on the long term. It's brilliant. I'm brilliant in fact. I love it when the Zs are coming for me like "oh yeah this time i will eat your brain and then...no wait...what you doing there...don't jump down there noooooo...he did it again!"

Madmole I have some Questions for you?

1: Do you think there can be more applicants like a makeshift stove and water collector?

We might do a stove for a QOL update. Water collector doesn't add value when there are lakes everywhere unless it was pure water.

Either that, or Madmole is immortal, and every several decades or so he has to fake his death and then move to a different part of the world.

I did pass for 20 something forever then late 40's kicked in so I grew a beard to embrace my thirty something appearance :)

So...Mr. Madmole - What are some of the final bugs you are tackling before the possible Oct. release? Anything you are particularly concerned about or just grind and re-code some stuff? Based upon Faatal's description of the recent zombie push through surfaces fix, there are some significant improvements coming. Any MF's that you folk have tackled that you are most proud of?

A little gift for The Fun Pimps and the community, with a little touch of weird Trankitas humor, bad written English and more. Hope you like it.

(I don't want likes, comments, non of that ♥♥♥♥. Love you guys.)

You forgot the part were he fell thought the floor and landed on his blade traps. ;)

Hey MM. So what's it like playing and enjoying (?) a game that you worked on? It must be a strange feeling.

Nope, I feel right at home. I started modding in the 90s and have been making my own games ever since, with only working on a few big companies on the side as a contractor. So pretty much my entire career was turning my ideas into reality.

I do have a great amount of satisfaction now, because I am enjoying 18 so much. That is the ace up my sleeve I was talking about a while back. I've never had this amount of time to test and balance a build.

So...Mr. Madmole - What are some of the final bugs you are tackling before the possible Oct. release? Anything you are particularly concerned about or just grind and re-code some stuff? Based upon Faatal's description of the recent zombie push through surfaces fix, there are some significant improvements coming. Any MF's that you folk have tackled that you are most proud of?

My 18 queue is clear. I don't really look at other people's bugs too much unless its to decide if we can KS it or its a hard bug to fix that a design change could solve. Right now I'm just playing and doing tweaks to random balance issues. Like I found it annoying to get broken glass for breaking paintings just now, so I'll change it to wood.

Nope, I feel right at home. I started modding in the 90s and have been making my own games ever since, with only working on a few big companies on the side as a contractor. So pretty much my entire career was turning my ideas into reality.

I do have a great amount of satisfaction now, because I am enjoying 18 so much. That is the ace up my sleeve I was talking about a while back. I've never had this amount of time to test and balance a build.

I'm glad to hear you are investing so much time in the game to fine tune it. I like the hands on approach. I have a feeling A18 is going to be the best version yet. :)

Archived