Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Nope, I feel right at home. I started modding in the 90s and have been making my own games ever since, with only working on a few big companies on the side as a contractor. So pretty much my entire career was turning my ideas into reality.

I do have a great amount of satisfaction now, because I am enjoying 18 so much. That is the ace up my sleeve I was talking about a while back. I've never had this amount of time to test and balance a build.

I'm glad to hear you are investing so much time in the game to fine tune it. I like the hands on approach. I have a feeling A18 is going to be the best version yet. :)

I'm glad to hear you are investing so much time in the game to fine tune it. I like the hands on approach. I have a feeling A18 is going to be the best version yet. :)

I believe that too. Both as a greater challenge and more interesting ways of playing.

Would like some more videos while we wait though. :)

My 18 queue is clear. I don't really look at other people's bugs too much unless its to decide if we can KS it or its a hard bug to fix that a design change could solve. Right now I'm just playing and doing tweaks to random balance issues. Like I found it annoying to get broken glass for breaking paintings just now, so I'll change it to wood.

...or maybe one paper?

My 18 queue is clear. I don't really look at other people's bugs too much unless its to decide if we can KS it or its a hard bug to fix that a design change could solve. Right now I'm just playing and doing tweaks to random balance issues. Like I found it annoying to get broken glass for breaking paintings just now, so I'll change it to wood.

Joel, are you planning to fix a recipe for a window that doesn't have glass?

Now in the recipe for the window there is only a tree. And when I break the window, I get glass. In this way I can mine glass, or, more correctly, I turn a tree into glass.

Joel, are you planning to fix a recipe for a window that doesn't have glass?

Now in the recipe for the window there is only a tree. And when I break the window, I get glass. In this way I can mine glass, or, more correctly, I turn a tree into glass.

Lies.

ok Because Before I played Xbox and i Got 7DTD on PC and i was odd cuz in that version some food had models but some Looked a little off like the Potatoes they were almost see through Lol

There are plenty new textures and icons in A18, you will like it.

Welcome to the forums. No, the Zoo is 2 miles east.

I know it's way off but would going Gold come with a massive content update and fresh marketing to try and get some new people's attention once more? The only current trailers for 7 Days really don't represent the game too well anymore!

THATS what you should do in these weeks to come!

Make some more trailers for your webpage/steam!

Not going to lie, since you have hyped up A18 SO much, having a new trailer specifically for A18 on steam especially would bring more sales to you. A lot of people do not follow the forum but follow this game on steam. You could just hodgepodge all the stuff from twitter, take some clips from your videos, add some transitions and BAM A18 trailer=more money to buy a twin scroll turbo system for that Smellcat of yours.

THATS what you should do in these weeks to come!

Make some more trailers for your webpage/steam!

Not going to lie, since you have hyped up A18 SO much, having a new trailer specifically for A18 on steam especially would bring more sales to you. A lot of people do not follow the forum but follow this game on steam. You could just hodgepodge all the stuff from twitter, take some clips from your videos, add some transitions and BAM A18 trailer=more money to buy a twin scroll turbo system for that Smellcat of yours.

I agree That the trailer would get a good amount of people excited for it

Punching is oddly satisfying, but I think clubs are probably purely the most efficient weapon in the game with the knockdown and dps costs. I think punching is low damage but a high chance to dismember so there is enough random heads popping it keeps up.

In A19 i think it'd be cool to change punching dismemberment to limb/neck breaking, meaning the neck/limb would just ragdoll and go limp. Obviously that's instant death to the neck. It would be a cool distinction between blades dismembering and blunts breaking.

In A19 i think it'd be cool to change punching dismemberment to limb/neck breaking, meaning the neck/limb would just ragdoll and go limp. Obviously that's instant death to the neck. It would be a cool distinction between blades dismembering and blunts breaking.

also some new Weapons like makeshift Battle axes , maces and other weapons would be cool but i'm happy The spears are coming

I'm obviously not familiar with how things work under the hood but giving POI zeds a higher priority than zeds in the wild, and despawning the farthest zeds in the wild once you enter a POI until there's enough free slots for sleepers doesn't seem too much of a hassle to fix that cheese.

Even such a straightforward idea has its problems: Assume you and a friend arrive at a poi with 16 wandering zombies (8 are on your friends limit, 8 on yours). Now you go inside and your friend stays outside while all zombies are aggroed on him. Result: Once you spawn zombies inside he will see random zombies pop out of existance.

...But then I posted something, a lot of people answer with a friendly approach and that is really weird to find in forums, ...

Guys, we need to adjust our approach, Trankitas says our forum is out of the norm and weird. I'm sure, we all want a normal forum!

Archived