Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

So you could say you had a.. rocky relationship with your parents then. Or not, either way actually.

Hehehe.. Oh man.

No seriously, the community here is great. I've been together with my wife through some rough times over the past 2 months, and the forum here (most of the time) cheers me right up.

The thing is, not just zombies/AI do that.

It happens in this video exactly at the: 6.30 mark. He apparently clips through the floor on top of Zds corpses and teleports to the upper floor, exactly like Zds do. So players are also affected by this bug.

Probably the game thought he was stuck trying to free him. The room is at this point only 2 blocks high because of the stairs. There this can easily happen.

I enjoyed that feature as well as it made 0,0 very difficult and almost impossible to setup a base in unless you brought in a team with alot of preparations.

However, one of the draw backs with it is you could run through an entire city to max out the max alive limit and then ditch them to stop the zed spawn in POIs.

I'm obviously not familiar with how things work under the hood but giving POI zeds a higher priority than zeds in the wild, and despawning the farthest zeds in the wild once you enter a POI until there's enough free slots for sleepers doesn't seem too much of a hassle to fix that cheese.

I think an interesting main quest option would be that you spawn at the very edge of the map and have to make it to the center (or spawn in one corner and have to make it to the diagonal corner), while the difficulty increases the closer you get to the quest location. Surrounding the location there would be city in the wasteland biome and an irradiated zone in the center of that which requires a full hazard suit to survive. There would be a big, unique POI full of irradiated ferals, but if you complete it you finish the main quest, and get a sweet perk and some epic loot.

This would be a very interesting playthrough and a mod idea i'd love to give a try. A 4K map would probably be enough but there's a ton of RWG work at hand to make it feel nice and tight (spread out POIs in the outskirts, and spawn more and more POIs/towns the closer to 0,0 you are, with 0,0 being the only city of the map where the endgame lies).

@Madmole how likely is the 4th of october ? We're planning to do a full week-end LAN party playing 7 Days with my friends, but I have 2 kids that would need to stay over by their grandparents. It would kinda suck organizing the whole thing if it ends up postponed again ^^

Hehehe.. Oh man.

No seriously, the community here is great. I've been together with my wife through some rough times over the past 2 months, and the forum here (most of the time) cheers me right up.

Bro if us pack of retards cheer you up then sincere sympathies to you as it must be real bad...

Bro if us pack of retards cheer you up then sincere sympathies to you as it must be real bad...

Hehe yeah you guys are hilarious sometimes.

And for the situation.. well.. my wife was pregnant for close to two months, but unfortunately something went wrong. She's okay now, but it was a very big blow as you can understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers mate :)

Thanks man!

And for the situation.. well.. my wife was pregnant for close to two months, but unfortunately something went wrong. She's okay now, but it was a very big blow as you can understand.

Hey, same here, that's why I started posting. When I joined the forum I didn't posted at all, I was one of the lurkers for 2 years+. But then I posted something, a lot of people answer with a friendly approach and that is really weird to find in forums, so I stayed posting and here we are.

Anyway, I'm glad your wife is okay now, we are here for you, you rock-loving beautiful bastard ♥

- - - Updated - - -

No-no, you first need to do an experimental release!

I'll end up being in Alpha state for 7 years, right?

Hey, same here, that's why I started posting. When I joined the forum I didn't posted at all, I was one of the lurkers for 2 years+. But then I posted something, a lot of people answer with a friendly approach and that is really weird to find in forums, so I stayed posting and here we are.

Anyway, I'm glad your wife is okay now, we are here for you, you rock-loving beautiful bastard ♥

- - - Updated - - -

I'll end up being in Alpha state for 7 years, right?

Thanks mate, hehe. It's a bit weird perhaps to post about that stuff on a forum for a zombie-game.. But I guess I'm not the only person on here who spends quite some time on here. We're both doing better now.. Just a lot of follow-up appointments.

Yeah but you will be really, really streamlined after those 7 years :)

@Madmole how likely is the 4th of october ? We're planning to do a full week-end LAN party playing 7 Days with my friends, but I have 2 kids that would need to stay over by their grandparents. It would kinda suck organizing the whole thing if it ends up postponed again ^^

I guess they can't consider everyones plans for release parties. ;)

But the 4th of october is the friday date anyway, so only selected streamers will get a key. If you and your friends are among those streamers, I'm pretty sure TFP will inform you some days in advance, so you can plan your streaming schedule. If you aren't among those streamers, your release date is the monday afterwards. So if you want to play all weekend, you will have to plan for the friday afterwards anyway. So no matter on which date the release is, you will probably have at least a full week to plan ahead.

A little gift for The Fun Pimps and the community, with a little touch of weird Trankitas humor, bad written English and more. Hope you like it.

(I don't want likes, comments, non of that ♥♥♥♥. Love you guys.)

LOL is that the original bow drop video though?

I guess they can't consider everyones plans for release parties. ;)

But the 4th of october is the friday date anyway, so only selected streamers will get a key. If you and your friends are among those streamers, I'm pretty sure TFP will inform you some days in advance, so you can plan your streaming schedule. If you aren't among those streamers, your release date is the monday afterwards. So if you want to play all weekend, you will have to plan for the friday afterwards anyway. So no matter on which date the release is, you will probably have at least a full week to plan ahead.

That makes sense. I'll try to organize things for the 12th/13th then I guess.

Cool , more time to adjust the other stat builds is nice...even though I will be punching everything to death , I still like that there will be different things to try out eventually in different playthroughs!

Punching is oddly satisfying, but I think clubs are probably purely the most efficient weapon in the game with the knockdown and dps costs. I think punching is low damage but a high chance to dismember so there is enough random heads popping it keeps up.

Archived