Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Not for zombies. Down the road I want to add an option to where only head trauma can kill a zombie.

Well, that's going to a long way down the road. Until you can have a max alive in the hundreds, allowing a bunch of dismembered zombies to fill up the living pool means an easy way to cheese POI headcounts.

I've noticed quite less of those small surface boulder nodes in your videos. (The ones that give you raw iron, stone, and usually lead, coal, and/or nitrate.) Have their spawn rates been reduced? It makes sense, since mining is a lot easier, but still, I thought I'd try to get a good scoop on this. :p

They only drop stone now, so yes they are massively reduced. They aren't even needed but look cool so we kept them. You'll have to find a mine of every type now to get started, but its not too hard. No more walmart rocks.

I really liked the video, it's nice you showed more aspects than just zombie killing.

Just one thing, which is really OCD inducing for me: Stamina is still always one digit less than the max cap. Are you planning to fix that in the future?

Yes we can fix that I'm sure.

for an perc/int build, you haven't done much in int. beginning to look like perc/str build

Yep, it started as a Perception build and after I got going I decided to do int too. Int can catch up later right now I need to get my combat groove on which is sorely lacking, my spreading myself thin like this sucks.

THIS ^^ I always wanted this option, sometimes killing a zombie with an arrow in the knee (See what I did there?) can be a little weird. Love this idea +100000

Yes we're all about easy to do options that add more simulation control that can add legs to the game. It would pair nice with a dead is dead mode.

Well, that's going to a long way down the road. Until you can have a max alive in the hundreds, allowing a bunch of dismembered zombies to fill up the living pool means an easy way to cheese POI headcounts.

Why would anyone not finish a zombie off? They all die of old age very quickly, so good luck cheesing it.

I hope you can come up with another way to get beakers. 2nd play through in a row I cant find one. Looted some small popin pills and that huge hospital with no luck cant make gunpowder or med kits.

God good luck man, In all my time playing A17 I only ever found 1. I always had to spend days visiting the trader or trading with someone online.

Yeah all my traders never have one to sell.

I cannot remember ever actually buying one from a trader but man i would look at all 4 traders daily I do remember that, and getting pissed i would have to spend weeks in game trying to find a beaker.

I feel your pain man.

EDIT: I always blamed the game for hating on me and not giving me a beaker lol. I'm not sure if I just had the worst luck in the world or if its that hard for everyone.

I cannot remember ever actually buying one from a trader but man i would look at all 4 traders daily I do remember that, and getting pissed i would have to spend weeks in game trying to find a beaker.

I feel your pain man.

EDIT: I always blamed the game for hating on me and not giving me a beaker lol. I'm not sure if I just had the worst luck in the world or if its that hard for everyone.

Game hates us. Some people seem to have all the luck and get plenty. I think they are taking ours lol.

Yes we're all about easy to do options that add more simulation control that can add legs to the game. It would pair nice with a dead is dead mode.

MM can you make the dump all to storage button for a18 experimental? This fast tweak will get you lots of love. Easy, clean. No belt. Good stuff.

Not a feature but just you making QOL nerd love with the community.

We might be open to dress and roleplay to ask you for that tweak Lol.

So, I noticed ALL of the spikes still have blood on them as the default texture. Still illogical, seriously, they never did before, only after they'd been damaged 1 level, which made actual sense. So texture #2 and onward would have blood, which does make sense, and was very useful for repairs and seeing what locations Z were messing with defenses.

Anyway, I thought you did, or were going to, fix this. Does not seem all that difficult, I dunno, think it can/will still happen before experimental?

So, I noticed ALL of the spikes still have blood on them as the default texture. Still illogical, seriously, they never did before, only after they'd been damaged 1 level, which made actual sense. So texture #2 and onward would have blood, which does make sense, and was very useful for repairs and seeing what locations Z were messing with defenses.

Anyway, I thought you did, or were going to, fix this. Does not seem all that difficult, I dunno, think it can/will still happen before experimental?

I think this is fixed according to Madmole (i'm not sure tho)

Edit: I just saw the video. Maybe he said they will fix it in A19.

Archived