Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Sorry,but iam NOT caustic!And i wrote the things normal in the commentary sections of YT!But no replys or answers!Only praising what he is doing!And its no toxic crap,its the disappointment of a really enthusiastic player thats voice is ignored!If you cant understand this,thats your thing then!

1txg2z.jpg

I feel the same way about barrels, if TFP manage to balance as realistic as they can that issue, they should take a look at the whole inventory management. ex: i can carry 20 forges in my backpack, vehicles, etc.

I sincerely hope they do not do this. Inventory management is already a bear and I have never found such a task as fun or adding to the game at all. the only real purpose for inventory restriction IMHO is balance.

It is good that we can carry 20 forges around. If we went to something more'realistic' then you would not be able to carry anything at all.

Working on the hold/fire/reload animations.

Joel, when are you planning to fix the shotgun reloading so that the loading animation is repeated as many times as there are not enough ammo and can be interrupted in the middle of the reloading process?

Thanks )

I never saw any posts stating updates every few weeks, just posts stating that alphas should hopefully come much more quickly.

I generally don't really care how long things take. I see the upcoming A18 as the A17 I was hoping for. I'm really looking forward to it, but I would rather wait longer than a few weeks for substantial differences in content, optimizations, and graphics.

However, I really am hoping that the extra swing bug gets fixed asap. That has got to be one of the most annoying bugs I have experienced in any game... and have dealt with it for way too long.

Working on the hold/fire/reload animations.

I request/suggest it before too, and want to repeat. that this game lose balance in bullet. game make user to shoot useless bullet as in fast firing First person shooting.. you just shoot. But it precise the bullets are in sniper game, where every bullet count. Can we make it so we can collect 1000s of 7.62 for our new AK47 on horde night without been worry of having low count.

Yo Madmole, I love fates motel cudos to whoever built that POI (kinda hope its a nod to Fatal). I'd love to see more POI's based on fictional horror locations. I know we can build em ourselves but I'd love a dungeon version of the Winchester (shaun of the dead) you could call it the Kinchester ;)

i think people are confusing ore destruction with mining with my statement. When i find iron ore or a surface boulder i want to smash it and get the resources. Digging tunnels through stone and gravel is what i consider mining, you are looking for ore. That part is kind of relaxing. But when i find an iron ore i just want to smash it as fast as i can and fill my backpack with iron ore. Pounding on it forever is annoying, thus the one shot perk.

Madmole SMASH!!!

Its a time management game, not a digging simulation. Staring at boulders is boring, I want to get the resources so I can "go do fun stuff".

Then we need auto miners! Put down an auto-miner powered by coal or gas and it has a chance of picking up ore otherwise stone.

There is: The Art of Mining: Lucky Strike Uncover more sparkle with this favorite trick of mine: Adds a small chance to mine rare gems from ore.

Its subject to change yet, but the plan here was to get a small chance to extract gems from iron/shale/nitrate/lead.

Splendid !

Mining is favourite to lots of us, this brings it to another level. Thanks guys.

@Madmole... are the perlin caves permanently shelved? They were in ages ago, yanked, we were told they would return, and then bupkis for several years now.

Coupled with randomly scattered sleepers, they would add a lot of diverse gameplay.

@Madmole... are the perlin caves permanently shelved? They were in ages ago, yanked, we were told they would return, and then bupkis for several years now.

Coupled with randomly scattered sleepers, they would add a lot of diverse gameplay.

Just read Aldranon`s post and imagined how his autominer loses control and starts doing caves all around.

We need caves, cmon.

Mining can be very therapeutic, I mean look at the likes of Dwarf Fortress and Terraria.

I do think there needs to be more to discover whilst mining. Special jewels or artifacts be a good start.

I like this idea, while mining you might find remnants of an older civilization & have to carefully excavate to find ancient Artifacts, Treasure, weapons, Runes & yes Ancient Writings that can give knowledge, like Alchemy, etc...Arrrggghhh

Joel, when are you planning to fix the shotgun reloading so that the loading animation is repeated as many times as there are not enough ammo and can be interrupted in the middle of the reloading process?

Thanks )

Probably never. There are loads of AAA games that fudge this. Half life was the only one that did it right that I've played.

I request/suggest it before too, and want to repeat. that this game lose balance in bullet. game make user to shoot useless bullet as in fast firing First person shooting.. you just shoot. But it precise the bullets are in sniper game, where every bullet count. Can we make it so we can collect 1000s of 7.62 for our new AK47 on horde night without been worry of having low count.

The upcoming books allow for more ammo and mats to be found/harvested and even bulk crafted so ammo should be more abundant than ever.

Archived