Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

A friend I play with who is usually the gatherer also absolutely loves mining. He could play the game only mining and he'd have a blast.

I do all the mining in my co-op dedicated server, when my friend is unable to play. He's not a big fan of mining, but I find it relaxing. Ish. Digging out lava lakes in Minecraft has the same effect, except with much-reduced zombie threat.

Guys, that shaders look amazing. Congrats!

ps: Joel looking RIPPED in the 3rd Person screenshots, if he hits a zombie he will send him them to another dimension.

- - - Updated - - -

is there any thought about adding more character emotion or abilities like /dance or /sleep (speeds up near death trauma), /sit, /laugh, etc.

It would be kind of cool... My wife would like that.

Its a time management game, not a digging simulation. Staring at boulders is boring, I want to get the resources so I can "go do fun stuff".

Staring at boulders can also be fun. Never met a geologist before ? ;)

In A16 I liked to drive around and collected resources. That was often more fun than killing zombies and looting POIs.

There are new sedans coming and a new army truck, plus that covered wagon.

If there's an art/model designer that's hit a creators block, Tell'em that an m1-abrams tank poi (even a broken down one) would be a sweet poi to find in the wasteland (a good spot for vehicle mods too probs) :)

@Madmole When can we have tameable Animals a bear or wolf or dog or what about a rideable horse? Please bring in pets :) A companion to come out with you . Pretty please Oh you could also have alerts with dogs growling or barking when Zombies are near good thing but could also attract more :)

Joel, you mentioned about having the ability to dig a rare ores (by a perk or reading a book) . Does that mean that silver, gold and diamonts are gonna be foundable all around or in specific biomes ?

There is: The Art of Mining: Lucky Strike Uncover more sparkle with this favorite trick of mine: Adds a small chance to mine rare gems from ore.

Its subject to change yet, but the plan here was to get a small chance to extract gems from iron/shale/nitrate/lead.

@MM....more on your books.....will there be a way to monitor which books you've read and/or can you read the same book twice or could we have it so if you've read a certain book that you cannot read it again? I'd love one and done then sell the extras or turn into paper. With the huge number of books, it would be hard to keep track of which ones you've read too.

Yes there is a book icon next to the intellect attribute listing all the books in the game, and they show lock icon until you read them then a check mark when read, like perks.

is there any thought about adding more character emotion or abilities like /dance or /sleep (speeds up near death trauma), /sit, /laugh, etc.

No plans yet, but I'd like to see use animations on stations, chairs at least. So maybe a trader is sitting in a chair or working on a workbench (like trader bob) when you come in to talk to him. Basically they would sandbox to random "usable" furniture pieces.

Staring at boulders can also be fun. Never met a geologist before ? ;)

In A16 I liked to drive around and collected resources. That was often more fun than killing zombies and looting POIs.

I think people are confusing ore destruction with mining with my statement. When I find iron ore or a surface boulder I want to smash it and get the resources. Digging tunnels through stone and gravel is what I consider mining, you are looking for ore. That part is kind of relaxing. But when I find an iron ore I just want to smash it as fast as I can and fill my backpack with iron ore. Pounding on it forever is annoying, thus the one shot perk.

If there's an art/model designer that's hit a creators block' date=' Tell'em that an m1-abrams tank poi (even a broken down one) would be a sweet poi to find in the wasteland (a good spot for vehicle mods too probs) :)[/quote']

I mentioned a tank you could fix up or craft late game.

@Madmole When can we have tameable Animals a bear or wolf or dog or what about a rideable horse? Please bring in pets :) A companion to come out with you . Pretty please Oh you could also have alerts with dogs growling or barking when Zombies are near good thing but could also attract more :)

As soon as the UFC gets a 165 pound division.

I have a question about a Weapon Mod:

There is one called Heavy Headed or something like that and it is for Medium and Above blunt weapons.

What are considered medium blunt weapons? The Iron Reinforced Club does not seem to qualify. I would have assumed that Wooden Clubs are Light, I.R. Clubs are Medium and Sledges are Heavy.

Thank you!

Archived