Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

You hook you arm thru the rung of the ladder and use the crook of your elbow to stabilize yourself just like you do in real life when you are on a ladder and need both hands free.

Exactly. I was a phone guy for about 10 years. You don’t always get the benefit of a bucket truck or lift. If I can splice thousands of pairs of copper wire or blast holes through firebrick with a core drill on a ladder, someone could handle shooting.

One of the mining books unlocks this: Blackstrap Coffee. This 2 century old favorite coffee was a staple among miners in the 1800's. Otherwise known as 'Muckmen Blackstrap' this strong blended roast will give you long lasting energy and keep you warm for hours. Increases damage to ores by 25%.

One of the mining books unlocks this: Blackstrap Coffee. This 2 century old favorite coffee was a staple among miners in the 1800's. Otherwise known as 'Muckmen Blackstrap' this strong blended roast will give you long lasting energy and keep you warm for hours. Increases damage to ores by 25%.

That sent me on a bit of a research spree.

Turns out you can get blackstrap molasses from supermarkets. I might have to give it a go.

Cheers dude :-)

In some games (e.g. dead space) there is a feature when zombie can grab a player and then kill them, if a player isn't fast enough to press some button(s). is there a chance that something like this planned to 7D2D in advance?

We simulate that in a more fair way with the stun system. Spam pressing a key or combo of keys to get out is so 80's.

The way I see it Crater, is that food is only an issue early game. It's the first of the survival "challenges" you overcome and beat into irrelevance. I don't see any way to make food a long term challenge, into the late game, that wouldn't be annoying and/or impossible to balance or scale for both SP and MP.

Weather is probably the next in line challenge that you overcome, leaving enemies to be the only thing that scales as you do and remains a challenge even into late game.

Make it so as your character levels up and gets stronger, their food intake increases. Madmole's a bodybuilder; I'm sure he can relate. ;)

In all seriousness though, I don't mind the challenges shifting and evolving as you progress from early game to late game. I was objecting to Scyris's original assertion, that "Your[sic] never going to make food or water hard to get in a game like this..." It should be hard to get at some stage, in principle, or else this would be a survival game in name only.

Make it so as your character levels up and gets stronger, their food intake increases. Madmole's a bodybuilder; I'm sure he can relate. ;)

In all seriousness though, I don't mind the challenges shifting and evolving as you progress from early game to late game. I was objecting to Scyris's original assertion, that "Your[sic] never going to make food or water hard to get in a game like this..." It should be hard to get at some stage, or else calling this a survival game would be disingenuous.

Honestly it feels like it is doing that already. It feels like I'm burning through more food at a higher level than I was at a lower level, but I think I'm mining a lot so I'm burning more calories, and keeping that 150 food/stamina bar topped off literally does take more calories than filling a 100 calorie bar and I'm still eating primitive food so its like I'm eating all the time. I need to get some better food recipes going so I'm not so hungry.

In A17 weapon crafting skills are a must-have, in A18 they will be almost useless, because a bought or found gun will usually be a way better than a hand-made. could these crafting skills be changed in the way that they would allow you to repair/assemble only?

Thank you for the video, that was a nice surprise. Alpha 18 looks like a massive improvement and loving that music at the start of the video. I am glad level gates are gone, it means i can now get concrete again and build what i want. By the time i got concrete in Alpha 17 i had lost interest in building anything.

keep up the good work, I am off to watch the video again :smile-new:

Did I see that tools level up with Miner 69'er now.

Also you mentioned you didn't want to make the video too long. Don't matter. If it was 1.5+ hours I would just consider it a movie and watch it with some snacks.

I'd watch if it were 3+ hours. Yup would just act like it's a movie. Entertainment is entertainment.

Archived