Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

@Madmole Hi Madmole, im following the game with a lot of excitement cause i love it. but the only issue i have just now is with the connection bug. i used to play a lot in public servers before A17 release, after it went live, i cant play multiplayer anymore, just keeps loading in the "connecting to..." screen. Do you know if in A18 that issue is finally being solved? sorry if i bother you with this, but a lot of players cant access to multiplayer, something which is really fun to play.

One of my friends had connection time jump from around 30s to 10-15 minutes when connecting to me. Came with A17.4, A17.3 was fine.

Your never going to make food or water hard to get in a game like this, as there are just so many sources all over. Its fine the way it is imo, I don't even know how people manage to starve or dehydrate to death in this game, I don't see how its possible even on 25% loot, you still get more than you ever need. I'd rather you guys focus on other aspects myself. Also I have a big NO to food spoilage myself, I hate that aspect to a game as its just more annoying micromanagement, that doesn't really add anything of value to the game.

If food or water are non-issues.. Why should they even be in the game?

- - - Updated - - -

Trust me, you wont even notice

:(

Don't worry, I value you for who you are!

Considering that loot is directly tied to game stage, I don't see how this is the case.

Yes, when you get loot its similar, but that's the whole point. You want to increase the frequency you get to the loot rooms as much as possible. The fewer zombies you kill, the better.

In a high tier POI, in one fight, I faced down 6 radiated cop zombies and a small horde of others without dying because of my equipment.

+1, yes, I hope this fixed the terrain blocks not connecting to concrete blocks! Or I hope they will fix it someday..

Here are a few examples with dirt and concrete:

[snipped]

Those are clean and satisfying illustrations there. Warms the heart, it does. Make it so!

+1, yes, I hope this fixed the terrain blocks not connecting to concrete blocks! Or I hope they will fix it someday..

BTtU7O5.png

GVDRWlL.png

djyryEm.png

The diamond thing is my biggest dislike. I love this example.

TFP prefer rewritting skill/perk tree every alpha than fixing details like these :rapture:

Have you had to defend against the new explodey zombies yet? I kinda want to see a base get wrecked by a horde of them lol.

No he's not even rigged or coded yet. Timed charge is in and lots of fun sticking one on a zombie knowing they will blow up shortly lol.

So it looks like the planter box is a player-placed block, with the 'dynamic components' tech to only draw the wooden sidewalls on the perimeter when there are multiple adjacent blocks. It looks great, and gardeners are going to be really happy.

But @madmole will it, as some are inferring, be a way to finally make terrain flush with walls that go into the ground? How do these planters look when they're placed up against 'real' terrain blocks?

You upgrade dirt terrain to the box, which gives a lot of XP, so crafting the box you get screwed out of the xp.

I doubt they will make terrain go flush, its just a block, nothing special.

They look like wood blocks with a top texture of dirt. So does this means we can finally add the ground textures onto normal blocks as well in A18 I wonder?

No I added the dirt to the texture atlas, and one of the texture guys will probably update it with a blob of dirt in the center where the plant would be to make it look cool and fertile. The dirt is getting redone, thats still the old dirt.

No I added the dirt to the texture atlas, and one of the texture guys will probably update it with a blob of dirt in the center where the plant would be to make it look cool and fertile. The dirt is getting redone, thats still the old dirt.

Give us some more dirt on A18 :)

- - - Updated - - -

No he's not even rigged or coded yet. Timed charge is in and lots of fun sticking one on a zombie knowing they will blow up shortly lol.

Is he in danger of being scrapped for A18?

Madmole, sorry for my annoyance). I want to ask again about the idea of the ladders.

So here is my old suggestion:

0. Two-handed weapons and tools (ax, pick, AK47, bow and more) should be hidden when the moving stairs.

1. Expenses stamina during fast run on the ladder should be 4 times more than when running.

2. If you are run on the ladder stamina to end the character has to stop and wait to recover part of stamina.

3. If the character does not move the ladder, it can be used one-handed weapon such as a pistol, club, dynamite, bombs and other tubular.

4. On the ladders character can not use two-handed weapons such as the bow, crossbow, machine guns, rifles, grenade launchers, drill, chainsaw, iron / steel ax and others.

If you enter these changes it will make the game a moderate realism without compromising gameplay.

I hope it does not take a lot of work, maybe in 19 Alpha?

Alpha never. What is so OP about ladders that you would have us invest time into making them feel gimped? I like to mine on ladders and work on my tunnel out of a mine while on a ladder (I did down first and worry about how to get out later) so all your doing is adding code for nearly never realized movement situations (who runs out of stamina on a ladder?) and we don't have a holster feature so how do you explain the characters gun not working while on a ladder?

Its a building game and working off a ladder is realistic enough, I've done it 100's of times IRL.

Timed charge is in and lots of fun sticking one on a zombie knowing they will blow up shortly lol.

Now we are talking!

Also, question to anyone who knows, so MM doesn't have to answer for probably 10 000th time. I probably missed the whole info about Behemoth. Was he scrapped for good?

Can't wait to get my little hands on A18! 7 days to die deserves a more creepier elevator music if it ever comes in. I suggest the "Helix" theme.

God I loved that series!!!

The lyrics go: I'm going back to find some peace of mind in San Jose

What I hear: Zombies survive in San Jose

I like the new music, its kind of somber piano tracks.

Hey Madmole,

We players have had 600+ pages of asking, demanding, begging, pleading, convincing, bargaining and wishing for stuff in future 7Days to die versions.

If you could snap your fingers and have anything suddenly possible in, say, the next patch.. what would YOU want? (and you can't say a Flawless patch lol)

.50 cal Barrett M107 Sniper rifle? A Whisky Still? Rail road tracks and carts? Beards granting bonus armor ? A key binding that when pressed shows the player's hand rise up and give the middle finger to a target in view as a taunt?

There must be more than a few things on your "Wish list" of "if only there was enough time/money/resources..

Bandits, CBBE support, friendly hot npcs I can recruit with AAA voice acting, immersive quests that feel meaningful because an NPC with a cool back story gave it to you. We're probably a couple games away from all of that working as well as a modded bethesda game.

I'm really excited about googles new assistant code. The AI that sounds real that can say anything and sound convincingly human. This would let devs and modders add endless npc dialogue instead of needing a voice actor.

Those are clean and satisfying illustrations there. Warms the heart, it does. Make it so!

Well... What's under the blocks in the illustrations?

If its dirt, the block will blend with it, and not look like the illustrations...

If it's a block, then in the new "fixed" illustration, it would blend with the floor block, like it does with the side blocks shown.

So... The blocks in the illustrations are either floating, or mistakes were made :p.

I'm being very nitpicky... But truth is truth.

Fast and the furious 7 days to die.

Begin watching at minute one.

2 Guys picking a safe, one smashed the door shut while the other had his thumb in the door.

Thumb dismembered so the cops have a perfect Fingerprint.... so they decide to steal the whole safe.

If food and water aren't hard to get, and weather is no more than an inconvenience, then in what sense is this a survival game anymore? Food spoilage may not be the only way to achieve scarcity, nor the best way, but I will be majorly disappointed if the only way to 'get rekt' is from enemies. :hungry:

Weather isn't even designed yet, what is there now is a placeholder.

If food and water aren't hard to get, and weather is no more than an inconvenience, then in what sense is this a survival game anymore? Food spoilage may not be the only way to achieve scarcity, nor the best way, but I will be majorly disappointed if the only way to 'get rekt' is from enemies. :hungry:

7 Days has basically stopped being a survival game. The new title should be "7 Days to Die: The be slightly inconvenienced at times Horde Crafting Game"

Archived