Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

M60

Is it just me, or do guns now visibly eject bullet casings? I saw that with the M60.

-Side note: The M60's fire rate seems pretty low imo

I just saw this video on the M60, yeah, the fire rate is pretty low, seems too semi automatic. Here's the video if anyone is interested.

M60

It all depends on the stats of the weapon in game and player stats need to hip shoot it.

Even if it's an AK with just more ammo, it's the Damage Hose needed when your mostly facing radiated zombies.

Even now I stop at Every. Single. Roadkill.

You start running out of brass, need steel bullets, so you need more repair kits. So need dem bones man.

About a year and a half ago I gave a code named hint for an upcoming feature. So for a change in topic let me do so again. Joel will probably reveal it when he returns but until then let’s see what guesses arise from

Codename Mantis Shrimp.

aren't mantis shrimp the ones that snap their claws so fast it breaks the sound barrier and creates a sonic boom underwater that vaporizes the water in small sphere with some seriously high temperatures (cavitation)?

aren't mantis shrimp the ones that snap their claws so fast it breaks the sound barrier and creates a sonic boom underwater that vaporizes the water in small sphere with some seriously high temperatures (cavitation)?

Yes. And can break even some shells to get to the meat.

It all depends on the stats of the weapon in game and player stats need to hip shoot it.

Even if it's an AK with just more ammo, it's the Damage Hose needed when your mostly facing radiated zombies.

You start running out of brass, need steel bullets, so you need more repair kits. So need dem bones man.

There's a new farm POI with a couple of pigs in the yard. As long as you don't clear the POI the pigs respawn quite quickly. Useful as a steady source of bone but does leave you with stacks of spare meat.

[Moderator note: no need to quote the very long top post.]

Suggestions:

Lack carbine m4a1 and a rifle sniper m82a1 caliber 50: P, and in the blood moon increase the fog so you do not see the horde when it appears, it would be more neat the game and some more models of zombies: p because it is very repetitive the zombies, + zombie bosses: P aah and should see fog sometimes on the ground would be more scary;)

example:

138825d1288201777-cementerio-siniestro-cementerio-terminado.jpg

wiki says mantis shrimp has a mutated/calcified claw like a club. add Faatal ... maybe its a new horde night zombie that has a mutated arm like a big meat club , that does much more damage to defence and base walls.

My tip for getting bones is the Doggos. There are about 10 dogs in this building. The zombies in the building spawn every 5 days. Therefore I visit the Doggos in my area once a week and have enough bones for my needs.

Stir Fry Recipe:

<recipe name="foodStirFry" count="1" craft_area="campfire" craft_tool="toolCookingPot" tags="learnable">

<ingredient name="foodCanofMiso" count="1"/>

<ingredient name="foodEgg" count="2"/>

<ingredient name="foodMeat" count="5"/>

<ingredient name="foodCorn" count="2"/>

</recipe>

A classic stir fry recipe retooled for the apocalypse. Miso for the sauce. One corn to make starch for thickening. One egg to make egg noodles. One egg, one corn, and five meat for main ingredients. Easy on canned goods while still requiring work in the form of a corn farm.

How about an MG-42 ? With a realistic firerate...

Considering that the MG42 was a Nazi Germany weapon, and it isn't produced really in the States, I'd say it wouldn't make sense. The M60 is pretty much like the MG42 anyway.

Haven't played in awhile so just curious if the Chem station has any real uses yet? I know it can cut down on resources needed for gun powder and a few other things but does it have any real reason for use? And if not will anything be added into alpha 18 to make the Chem station a more valued piece of equipment?

Hello, Some suggestions, I hope they serve you.

If possible the carbine m4a1 and the caliber 50 of a sniper rifle m82a1? : P, in the blood moon should increase the fog so that the horde is not seen when it appears, the game would be more prolix, more models of zombies: p why are very repetitive zombies, zombie bosses: P aah should a see fog on the ground would be more frightening;)

example fog:

cc573915zwk2w4hzg.jpg

m82a1:

m82a1-rifle-de-francotirador-trompeta-barrett-metal-props-D_NQ_NP_786032-MLC29209822761_012019-F.jpg

M4:

littlearmory-la001-tipo-de-m4a1-b00gzbxd66--454-500x500_0.jpg

Sry my english.:crushed:

Considering that the MG42 was a Nazi Germany weapon, and it isn't produced really in the States, I'd say it wouldn't make sense. The M60 is pretty much like the MG42 anyway.

The M60 has a firerate of around 600, and MG42 around 1300 ...

Also, there are all kinds of guns floating around the US with gun nerds.

The game could also use the MG-3, wich is almost the same as the MG42

The M60 has a firerate of around 600, and MG42 around 1300 ...

Also, there are all kinds of guns floating around the US with gun nerds.

The game could also use the MG-3, wich is almost the same as the MG42

Or...71Ivo854uoL._SX425_.jpg.f5d46b45200f71fdeddd00fb0a8e315c.jpg The M249 of course. Anyway, I don't think they add another LMG, at least, not right away.

Haven't played in awhile so just curious if the Chem station has any real uses yet? I know it can cut down on resources needed for gun powder and a few other things but does it have any real reason for use? And if not will anything be added into alpha 18 to make the Chem station a more valued piece of equipment?

Let's put it this way. You can also do without a chemistry station but those who want to produce a lot of ammunition will not want to do without it. It cuts in half the amount of nitrate and coal needed to produce gunpowder. This alone is a sufficient reason to use a chemistry station.

Those who also use an auger will also not want to do without the chemistry station. With the chemistry station you can make gasoline from oil shale. With this you have virtually an unlimited amount of fuel available.

About a year and a half ago I gave a code named hint for an upcoming feature. So for a change in topic let me do so again. Joel will probably reveal it when he returns but until then let’s see what guesses arise from

Codename Mantis Shrimp.

Ray (Mantis) Gun?

Praying Prawn POI? (kinda like a Bubba Gumps or BBQ house)

......anything?

Archived