Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

I didn't play Skyrim. But I always see people laughing at her on YouTube.

I feel like english speakers are missing out on something by not assigning genders to inanimate objects-- and apparently even intellectual properties.

I feel like english speakers are missing out on something by not assigning genders to inanimate objects-- and apparently even intellectual properties.

I tend to refer to all vehicles as female. If I'm climbing inside it or riding it all day, it's female.

It should be noted that most British women choose male names for their vehicles.

Huh? What?

"stealth" - in Russian language - feminine.

this is the cause of this error.

I didn't know that.

It must have been a long time ago - and i was playing at that time instead of writting here.

You can't take your ladder with you so its a waste of wood. We've had in depth discussions before we're not removing nerd polling. All it would do is make players find another way which is no different. More realistic perhaps but at the end of the day they will just place frames as stairs. Players are landing heli's on roofs and getting the loot too. Once we get POI turrets that crap will stop.

There you go, friend.

I wish I could play more, but i'm all day at work, so I write here every now and then when I have some free time :D

- - - Updated - - -

.. you cant enter it cause your key doesn't fit?

That escalated quickly

Yuccatash Recipe:

<recipe name="foodYuccatash" count="1" craft_area="campfire" craft_tool="toolCookingPot" tags="learnable">

<ingredient name="foodCropYuccaFruit" count="3"/>

<ingredient name="foodCropCorn" count="3"/>

<ingredient name="foodCanPeas" count="1"/>

<ingredient name="foodCanLamb" count="1"/>

<ingredient name="resourceAnimalFat" count="2"/>

</recipe>

Beginning tutorials take 2.5 game hours, literally a couple of minutes in real time. If you do them, “waste” 2 minutes of your life & get 4 points. Skip and get nothing. Why should you get 4 points for skipping the tutorial? The current system makes sense to me. Shrugs. Also, there is a detailed tutorial that pops up as soon as the player experiences anything important for the first time, you know, the thing that looks like a pencil? It also flashes when a item is explained? Come on folks.....it’s all in the game already.

This is the best solution in my mind. It would also make frame blocks have even MORE utility for building.

Builders would be even happier and those who see them as an exploit would be happy with the balance.

I'm liking this idea, treat a frame block that hasn't yet been upgraded like a ladder or the trellis blocks. What would happen after it was upgraded then was damaged to the point it looks like a frame block again?

Yuccatash Recipe:

<recipe name="foodYuccatash" count="1" craft_area="campfire" craft_tool="toolCookingPot" tags="learnable">

<ingredient name="foodCropYuccaFruit" count="3"/>

<ingredient name="foodCropCorn" count="3"/>

<ingredient name="foodCanPeas" count="1"/>

<ingredient name="foodCanLamb" count="1"/>

<ingredient name="resourceAnimalFat" count="2"/>

</recipe>

I LOL'd at this one, love it! Just gotta picture Sylvester the cat when reading it outloud..

The trader should be last. It's the only one that cannot be done from wherever you happen to be standing.

That's also a hell of a lot of faith to be putting into the RWG. :-)

It is last, why would you say it should be last when I listed it last?

In A17? I have to eat every 15 minutes to top off max stamina. I'll check my hunger and thirst levels and both will be over 110 and about 20%of my staminia bar is blacked out. So, I have to keep force feeding my character to top everything off.

Eating every 15 minutes is twice a day as I mentioned. Breakfast at 4 am, lunch at noon, eat again when I get home at night or when I leave again in the morning. If I'm not mining or running around its once every real life hour. And you don't need a topped off stamina bar. I don't eat until I'm hurt and use food to heal. Buy slow metabolism and cook the best foods then you won't have to eat so often.

That might actually be kind of fun, but I doubt it would sit well with most players. Game mechanics vs. reality and all that.

It's already realistic or over generous on backpedal speed. Players just want no risk and no consequences then want to complain its too easy. Sorry we can't give you what you ask for because you never thought it through.

This was mentioned in another thread by someone, and it might be something interesting enough to satisfy those wanting enhanced maneuverability, particularly backward. The idea was a double-tap WASD dodge. You basically get a short, fast hop in the direction of your choosing. Perhaps eat some extra stamina if you do it, or even 500ms of no movement after to recover like the power swing.

Edit: idea credit to warmer

Really.... I mean REALLY????

Skyrim's stealth was terrible. There is barely a stealth system to begin with. Now, Styx did stealth right.

Not that I blame Skyrim for having a trash stealth system - it was not a stealth game. What makes you say it is amazing?

It makes you feel like a badass. They hear stuff and you stay in the shadows and wonder if they will find you, they say things like "did you hear that" "who's there", etc. They look for you once you fire an arrow their way. You do extra damage when stealthed. Stealth kills with custom anims. The system makes you feel like a badass and is easy to understand. What's not to like?

It is last, why would you say it should be last when I listed it last?

The confusion arises from the fact that you appeared to have listed wood frame and arrow last, there's not much difference between a comma and a full stop. It appears I'm not the only one to have misinterpreted it :-)

I've pushed it to the front though. Everyone is complaining for no reason. Its stone axe, club, bow, pants, shirt, frame, campfire, trader now. 1 arrow, 1 frame.

It makes you feel like a badass. They hear stuff and you stay in the shadows and wonder if they will find you, they say things like "did you hear that" "who's there", etc. They look for you once you fire an arrow their way. You do extra damage when stealthed. Stealth kills with custom anims. The system makes you feel like a badass and is easy to understand. What's not to like?

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a nice bone knife in the zombie temple animation. Has to be so much work though, especially considering all of the possible weapons.

Nitpicking the tutorial, nerdpole and now saying skyrim's stealth is trash? Thats enough for me me. I'll check back next week to see if there are any sane topics to talk about or actual questions that I haven't answered 5000 times.

Can there be a short down state where you can revive you're party members. Having you're friend die when you're far away from base bites. Also aiding other people with healing items would be better than having to drop the item at there feet. Having a quest automatically distributed amongst party members would be nice. Party changes like that would help the co-op experience become more solid.

The problem is the order. No one wants to have to make a bow again after they already have one, just because it's the bow's turn in the quest.

If you frontloaded ALL of the quests (every quest comes in NOT as a chain, all at once), so that it didn't matter the order, it'd be a whole lot better, and we wouldn't be wasting resources making things twice, or wasting time standing around knocking out the quest.

The chain for the tutorial just doesn't work.

It would work GREAT if there was a little "tutorial map" though, because it would then make sense. Start off on a 128x128 map next to a dude to tells you to do this then do that...

I like this idea too...

Also...minimap for when on a vehicle plzkthx. Perhaps showing a 100-200 block radius (or having a mod as a GPS or something to add to the vehicle to facilitate this) so when you are cruising down a road you have a little warning for a path, intersection or otherwise on your travels rather than having to check the map every 5 mins (and getting ones face eaten by a zombie in the process).

Archived