Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

That’s funny. I don’t like potholes so I usually dig some from several terrain blocks to gain clay but leave the surface intact.

Especially now that they’ve “fixed” the final hit bonus there’s no reason to chop or dig something to completion other than psychological ease.

By the brass bearings of Babbage! Do you have any idea what that system would do to my OCD? You'd have thousands of small, half finished jobs and no way to find them all.

<left eye starts twitching>

I always go for flagstone, it's better and less expensive to upgrade to concrete in the long run, Flagstone>Cobblestone>Concrete>R.Concrete. Save the Iron.

Why? I have WAY more Iron than crete when actually building. By the time I have a virtual infinite supply of crete there is not a whole lot more to build and I have more than enough Iron by then as well. Frames are way better than upgrading though flagstone. One of the reasons I hate using it - I don't want to waste the crete if I will upgrade that block.

I'm fairly certain 7 days already has AO on the grass and other things. But to think is hasn't shows it needs some tweaking(I do believe Fataal recently did some fixes as it wasn't always turning on). Distant grass look like blobs and with A18 showing increased performance could add some headway for improvement.

The AO fix was for when you turned AO off, it was still on.

Why? I have WAY more Iron than crete when actually building. By the time I have a virtual infinite supply of crete there is not a whole lot more to build and I have more than enough Iron by then as well. Frames are way better than upgrading though flagstone. One of the reasons I hate using it - I don't want to waste the crete if I will upgrade that block.

Flagstone doesn't require concrete, it requires clay + rock.

Flagstone doesn't require concrete, it requires clay + rock.

Pretty sure he meant that it's a waste of concrete to upgrade flagstone to cobblestone to concrete to reinforced concrete, versus placing a rebar frame + concrete to get reinforced concrete.

Is there any reason to bother building a base out of Wood or Scrap? The Wood-through-Scrap block upgrade tree is expensive and costs a lot of materials I'd rather use elsewhere, while rocks and clay for Flagstone/Bricks are much easier to work with, and it seems like they're just flat-out more durable anyway? What's the deal?

Scrap iron and wood downgrade through each level so in terms of total cumulative hit points, at certain levels it is stronger than flagstone or cobblestone. At least it was last time I checked back in A16.

Besides, choice is a good thing.

How does your OCD deal with a stam bar that only ever goes too 99/100, 109/110, etc?

I've resorted to a piece of tape over the number portion myself...

That doesn't really bother me that much, it's a variable that changes anyway. It's knowing that there are half destroyed blocks everywhere that will never be found that would drive crazy... well, crazier. :-)

Good to see new cars in the game. So far it was like the people only drove one type of car. lol

Really liking the new roads! WAY TO GO GUYS! :)

Now we just need is some stripes for the roads to show lanes and such.

I never quite understood why there wasn't more vehicle types. Guppy has a great mod for vehicles and many from that mod are actually freeware to use as you may.

TFP used the free pig etc. for ages not sure why they didn't use all the car models out there.

I never quite understood why there wasn't more vehicle types. Guppy has a great mod for vehicles and many from that mod are actually freeware to use as you may.

TFP used the free pig etc. for ages not sure why they didn't use all the car models out there.

I think its about using computer resources for other things that matter most, to TFP at least.

On MM not post right now: I think MM is busy foremost, also he tends to post more if the number of active players on steam gets too low. Low players active can get fewer Streamers showcasing it and fewer people buying the game. He wants to stop a possible negative snowball effect going, IMO.

Well, they can`t just take content from here and there and call it a game. You know that ;)

Mods are beyond expectations and this is only alpha.

Hi Joel.

I want to ask for some changes in Alpha 18 as much as possible. It really interferes with a comfortable game, IMHO.

1. Automatically exit the aiming mode when the character starts to run (the SHIFT button is pressed)

2. Automatically exit the aiming mode when reloading a firearm or crossbow.

3. Automatically cancel the reloading of a firearm or crossbow when a player tries to escape (the SHIFT button is pressed) or add the ability to cancel reloading.

4. Automatically cancel stealth mode when a player tries to jump in this mode.

5. Cancel weapon reload when a player tries to switch to another weapon.

I think these changes will add comfort not only to me.

Thank you.

JOEL,

if you consider my proposals inappropriate, then I have another thing: to make aiming from firearms, bow and crossbow only when the right mouse button is held down, and that the aiming works in about 0.3-0.5 seconds.

For a single click of the right mouse button, you can add a butt or repulse a zombie, as can be seen in the Project Zomboid.

Many players want to be able kick zombie with a weapon butt or push them away. I'm not talking here about the possibility of pushing zombi with their feet )))

Thanks for reading my stupid ideas )

JOEL, аnd something else.

In the comments under my videos on Youtube, my viewer was asked to tell you that it would be very convenient to add the need to press any button to start the game after loading it.

Sometimes game loading takes a long time. Many people with slow PC go to drink tea while the games starting, they do not want to constantly sit in front of the screen and wait for the finished loading.

Thanks if you read this)

In all the discussions on stack sizes for things, one part I didn't see mentioned, and has kinda been bugging me, is about the drinks.

Current is 15. oddball number. Dirty water I get that stack to 250 due to stack of jars/cans empty, and filling at lake/river whatever. (having to break them up there, would just annoy people unnecessarily)

Purified/boiled/red tea etc though... Cans 1, fine. Don't need the pot to make'em so ok. The jars...

Bottled water comes in packs of 24. (same for soda pop) 1 L apple juice, box of 12. So for the "immersionists",

24 jars of water, tea etc, would be one box like you can get at a store. The "stack" is the box.

(yes, dragging an entire box in you packpack is silly, but keeping a box in your trunk though.. not so silly)

Just a thought for the upcoming stack changes MM has been talking about. :)

An interesting bug I encountered recently. I died and when I respawned my reticule disappeared and when zooming in with my Ak-47, it went past the scope installed and straight to the iron sight. I could still kill and interact with the world too. I've already posted about in the bug reports, but honestly I wouldn't mind if a modder implemented something like this in being able to turn off the reticle so-to-speak or even as an extra option setting.

https://imgur.com/Sdr31Yz

or just 12 as well... people always want more and more and .... :)

heh.

12 of more hydration, 24 of the smaller ones. (bottle water is usually 500ml) so 12 L per 'case'.

doesn't really matter if the base numbers change to that or not, just tossed it out as an 'immersion' thingamabobby.

(no idea if modders are already using those numbers, many tend to just up the stack sizes and be done with it)

MM said we're getting purified water, so finding a case of those would be kinda cool. (hinta hinta) :D

In all the discussions on stack sizes for things, one part I didn't see mentioned, and has kinda been bugging me, is about the drinks.

Current is 15. oddball number. Dirty water I get that stack to 250 due to stack of jars/cans empty, and filling at lake/river whatever. (having to break them up there, would just annoy people unnecessarily)

Purified/boiled/red tea etc though... Cans 1, fine. Don't need the pot to make'em so ok. The jars...

Bottled water comes in packs of 24. (same for soda pop) 1 L apple juice, box of 12. So for the "immersionists",

24 jars of water, tea etc, would be one box like you can get at a store. The "stack" is the box.

(yes, dragging an entire box in you packpack is silly, but keeping a box in your trunk though.. not so silly)

Just a thought for the upcoming stack changes MM has been talking about. :)

I know it's to balance the game so it's not too easy but I find it odd to be able to carry so much cans of murky water and by the fact of boiling it, it drops to 1 (per stack). Game balance is oddly confusing thing that needs to be done.

I know it's to balance the game so it's not too easy but I find it odd to be able to carry so much cans of murky water and by the fact of boiling it, it drops to 1 (per stack). Game balance is oddly confusing thing that needs to be done.

It is, but for the cans, I do understand why. Filling 1 can at a time? um.. taking 1 slot once boiled though inventory management, and encouragement to find a pot and jars. (I keep a buncha cans in base, to drink there, and use the jars to take with me)

Cans though, you can drop a campfire anywhere, boil a can or 3 of water, drink and move on. No need for a pot.

Which is handy when RNG says "No pot for you!" for 3 bloody days, then gives you 6 in 10 minutes. mumble. :)

Balance is always tricky no matter what game. (and someone is ALWAYS gonna complain.)

ark for example.... all the mats to make the large industrial forge you can not carry at same time... but.. the crafted forge fits in pocket no problem.... player can carry all mats for the raft... but make the raft and you can not carry it... these balance issues are in a lot of games out there. :) sort makes you wonder who is making all these suggestions to mess with our minds. :)

I’d love to see the block bug fixed where you can inadvertently place a wood spike where you’re standing....I’ve died a couple of times early game from that. Also, pretty sure it’s the same bug when placing a flagstone block & you get entrapped in it. Think it started around A15 when the code was changed. For me, this is the most frustrating bug in the game.

Stack sizes are a difficult matter, especially if you consider mining... That in itself presents a serious issue... 6k (resource) lol You need tonnes of iron ore - which generally includes 'rock' unless some how 'we've' managed to extract iron or itself... Least us mention 6K of Rock!

I play with a group of 9 of us and we've taken the position to go with "250" - but I've edited the xml to a round about way of kind of conforming with what's already there... IE: 250 water... Due to many reasons we've discussed at length.

I like a bunch of stuff but I see no blueberry juice, so I had to make my own lol Somethings are underutilized... Its one of the reasons we love Valmod soo much. I like Starvation but the others can't handle all of the things with it such as disease, etc. Then there's that other water - not sure if its the fabled purified water that was mentioned... Least I get into the new 'grace corn'?!? Everytime I get into this I can't help but stop to think about watching this 'player' meandering down the road carrying 250 trophies of either of the 3 types... LOL They're walking with at least one Stanly Cup hocky trophies! Now imagine someone walking down the road with 250 of those things?!? ROFL!

Yes I know its TFP's 'policy' to let modders do a lot, but something as simple as including something easy as blueberry juice or jam shouldn't have to be left alone. I'd like Scrap Iron tools and such to be a thing too! Anyone else know of other things?

Archived