Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Really? I mean... is it THAT DIFFICULT to make another bow? I dunno, just seems like... people are complaining to complain.

Sure, it'd be nice if it recognized you already had one, and that'd be the best solution, 100% agree. But i'd rather they worked on something else. If this was something that you had to deal with throughout your entire game, that'd be one thing. But something you have to do ONCE, at the very beginning of the game... just isn't much of an issue (IMO).

Solution: Make the bow un-craftable until you hit that tutorial. Like it's a recipe you 'learn'. If all the intro quests couldn't be made available (or even as an option to make them all available for 'returning' players since the tutorial is REALLY handy to direct new players to when they join our servers) at the onset, either quit ya whinging about making a second bow or make the bow un-craftable/recipe you learn etc.

There is plenty of time before the bubble breaks and you have the need to use said bow if you smash out that tutorial quest chain so why argue.

Sorry if it's already been asked, but I have 2 questions.

I hope they'll be answered next week:star:

Question 1 - Will the hand held models for food items be back in A18? I miss eating those pies and stews.

Question 2 - About the demolisher zombies, it says to shoot them in the flashing sweet spot to detonate them. When you detonate them and they explode, that explosion doesn't do damage to the blocks around them? They only do damage to blocks when they explode on their own?

Question 2 - About the demolisher zombies, it says to shoot them in the flashing sweet spot to detonate them. When you detonate them and they explode, that explosion doesn't do damage to the blocks around them? They only do damage to blocks when they explode on their own?

I hope there's a way to kill these zombies without them exploding at all like the cops. If you kill them quickly enought they don't explode.

I'm not a friend of standing on a roof shooting with the machine gun and throwing Molotov cocktails. This kind of defense is too inefficient for me as it uses a lot of ammunition unnecessarily. I prefer to use traps like blade traps, dart traps and electric fences to defend my base. But with these traps it wouldn't be possible to kill an exploding zombie from a safe distance so he wouldn't cause massive damage on the base.

Stealth kills with custom anims.

Now I REALLY want stealth kill animations...I remember when they were added and how cool they made stealth killing.

Any hope this can be put on the table for a future feature?

Its "Oh, WOW!" stuff like this that will hook new players.

What I would like to see are new blocks for building such as a arch for an inner corner and additional clean looking textures so that a base also looks new and shiny.

- - - Updated - - -

For stealth gameplay.

Agreed! Plus, nice to lockpick safes and vault doors

About a year and a half ago I gave a code named hint for an upcoming feature. So for a change in topic let me do so again. Joel will probably reveal it when he returns but until then let’s see what guesses arise from

Codename Mantis Shrimp.

About a year and a half ago I gave a code named hint for an upcoming feature. So for a change in topic let me do so again. Joel will probably reveal it when he returns but until then let’s see what guesses arise from

Codename Mantis Shrimp.

EDIT: that was a bad guess.

I take it back. Dual wield melee.

Codename Mantis Shrimp.

Flamethrowers???

Codename Mantis Shrimp.

Well, after a bit of wikipedia skimming, I will wager a guess.

One of the features of Mantis Shrimp is that they are often classified into distinct groups when it comes to attacking capability based on the shape of their claws. Spearers, and smashers.

So .. I am thinking maybe alternate attack for the spear as a blunt attack? You can either jab to do bladed damage, or you can swing the blunt end as a club for knockdown chance?

Or yeah, the dual wielding thing.

Codename Mantis Shrimp.

IR and UV vision or more colorful (hippie?) zombies:

https://theoatmeal.com/comics/mantis_shrimp

(MM already talked about left hand being able to hold something, so yes, dual-wielding is a safe bet, but also a boring bet. I stay with hippie zombies)

TFP, I pray to god that all of you will release A18 asap. I just read 20 pages of debate along the lines of why you should switch from Arial font to Times New Roman or I will never play the game again. You must have the game in a pretty decent state if that is all people can suggest. Waiting in the wings until there are some multiplayer improvements, but feel your core game is really solidifying. Everyone is very excited.

Archived