EMOJIGATE!!!!!!!

Roland

Looks like the forum is on the verge of a riot.

*Looks left*

*Looks right*

I THINK UNDERGROUND BASES SHOULD BE MADE PRACTICALLY IMPOSSIBLE.

I THINK THE 4x4 DOES NOT CONTRIBUTE MUCH TO THE GAME

I DON'T CARE MUCH ABOUT THE IMPROVED MODDIBILITY OF THE GAME

*Runs away around the corner*

OH GOD. The coffee snorting from my nose BURNS. ROFL

Holy crap, this made me laugh SO HARD.

Thanks, DaVegaNL. I NEEDED that. :)

Dude, people have asked and re-asked about things that are posted on the first page. This is not convincing.

Actually, you're making the point. Considering things are asked and re-asked over and over, why would you think people are going to get that the emoji's don't translate to a state of the game? Because some one said so a dozen times? A hundred times? Because it was posted right under the emoji's?

Points fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like the forum is on the verge of a riot.

*Looks left*

*Looks right*

I THINK UNDERGROUND BASES SHOULD BE MADE PRACTICALLY IMPOSSIBLE.

I THINK THE 4x4 DOES NOT CONTRIBUTE MUCH TO THE GAME

I DON'T CARE MUCH ABOUT THE IMPROVED MODDIBILITY OF THE GAME

*Runs away around the corner*

lol... That was pretty good. Nice. :p

Actually, yes, I can blame people for linking them when Roland stated that there was NO LINK. So it was all on them, not Roland or TFP as a whole.

Wrong. You can't expect people that come looking at this thread like 2 weeks AFTER Roland posted to find that specific reply where he stated there is no correlation.

It would not be on TFP or Roland if it was clearly stated in that 'poll' thing.

We're going to have to shut this thread down until we can get all 12 pages of emoji whining off into it's own emoji-gate 2018 thread. >.<

Seriously people, it really needs to stop.

ronald now have to delete atleast 100 page but it will not stop because yeah people are mad of this lack of communication and delays

Actually, you're making the point. Considering things are asked and re-asked over and over, why would you think people are going to get that the emoji's don't translate to a state of the game? Because some one said so a dozen times? A hundred times? Because it was posted right under the emoji's?

Wrong. You can't expect people that come looking at this thread like 2 weeks AFTER Roland posted to find that specific reply where he stated there is no correlation.

These are wrong. (I've lumped them together for ease.) People who are not going to find and/or retain information are not going to do so. Period. I was on a committee in college (made of students, faculty, and staff) which was created to address the question of how to make sure that students stay informed about what they need to know. We decided that every outlet was needed. The announcements were sent to the students' emails; they were looped on televisions around campus; they were posted on the walls in high-traffic areas; and they were verbally announced at the mandatory weekly meeting (it was a small-ish school). Students still somehow missed the announcements.

Again, the point is that it doesn't matter where or how you announce things, some people still won't get it. To claim otherwise is wrong.

I would rather see 7D2D end an alpha with the vast majority of it's alpha player base not leaving pissed off feedback that affects the sales and longevity of the game.

Fun yes. Irresponsible? No.

You could go gold with an Alpha player base tone of: "There were a lot of bumps along the way, but TFP really gave a crap about the game and it's players! Ended up with an awesome game! TFP rocks!"

You could go gold with an Alpha player base tone of: "There were a lot of bumps along the way, but TFP didn't really give a damn. They did what they wanted and even their moderators made fun of their player base as a whole. Save the die hard fanboys and girls who were just as trollish. We got a decent game, but don't expect TFP to give a damn."

Which way do you think the whole Emoji and the amusement towards how people took it is going to go in these scenarios?

How do you think one scenario will sell as opposed to the other scenario?

If you've not seen game companies, or any company, tank because of public perception, you've got yer head in the sand friend.

You really think that the few forum users hoodwinked by this hoax have a noticable effect on steam ratings? And that the same forum users will remember the usual frency before an alpha release years later and post about the moderator not being serious enough for their taste?

No, I don't remember any game company tank because of public perception even though they had a good product. Can you name a few? I only know of a few with a bad product tank and I know of some who tanked because they didn't get the publicity, i.e. scarcely anyone knew them.

Oh, but I know of several who made lots of cash despite negative percption: Electronic Arts f**** its customers any which way they could think of and Fifa is still an undisputed top seller. But yes, their words are always polished and carefully crafted.

And did you see the ♥♥♥♥ storm over No Man's Land? They were still the top seller on steam for weeks and months after release (as far as I remember)

And concerning steam reviews, here are two steam reviews I found immediately that show that developers just can't do the right thing anyway:

-------------------------------------------

This game is terrible I do not reccomend this game. I bought this game thinking it would be like Dayz. It is not like Dayz at all. I hate this game. this game has ruined my relationship with my younger brother. I do not understand why they would make this game look so simple yet be very hard. I am very upset with this game. I would request a refund. but I hate this game so much I want them to keep my money out of spite.

-------------------------------------------

Game crashes randomly and ♥♥♥♥s my pc* ♥♥♥♥ this game I'm going to go play rust instead.

--------------------------------------------

Ok, there were a lot of complaints about abandonware on steam, seemingly half of them from players with upwards of 500 hours of playing time.

If you just look at the "recent reviews" rating on steam, think about who is writing these reviews when Version 1.0 gets released. Think about what they would possibly know about the game, the forum and its moderator!

Then again, nothing states that there IS a link in the poll thing either. Just that it will be released when bugs are fixed. People will think what they want regardless, but many here should buy an oxygen tank and breathe really, really deeply, then realize an early access game under development should not hold this much power over their emotions.

These are wrong. (I've lumped them together for ease.) People who are not going to find and/or retain information are not going to do so. Period. I was on a committee in college (made of students, faculty, and staff) which was created to address the question of how to make sure that students stay informed about what they need to know. We decided that every outlet was needed. The announcements were sent to the students' emails; they were looped on televisions around campus; they were posted on the walls in high-traffic areas; and they were verbally announced at the mandatory weekly meeting (it was a small-ish school). Students still somehow missed the announcements.

Again, the point is that it doesn't matter where or how you announce things, some people still won't get it. To claim otherwise is wrong.

Thank you.

And the fact that Roland said many times even after he started that they meant nothing. And even if you missed his initial posts, there were plenty of people, almost every few pages, that would have to back up him and state once again what he had first said.

Also, I go back and read what every post a green (Roland), blue (Unholyjoe), or orange (faatal, madmole, gass, etc) named-color person on this thread because they will more likely have actual answers to what is going on when an argument about something comes out. I would rather find what they said than just assume what people say is correct. Just find a post of theirs, click on the name, and presto, all the posts they've ever done. Easy to find. And they all post plenty enough to find one, and Roland and Madmole are page 1.

To be honest i had enough,

There is NOT a single reason to NOT complain.

People are checking this forum EVERY DAY to see if there is something new. Communication through emojis are OK to me but god, you have no idea how much i hate making stupid emojis connected to something secret and teasing people to death. Why in the F* is there fin on top? If there is a release nearly, just say it normally and stop posting ♥♥♥♥ing messages with hidden meaning. This is not fun anymore, this is just blackmailing and torturing players that have hope for release and then they are dissaspointed a week after that.

Messages with hidden meaning? Excuse me, but I believe no one ever said those emojis meant anything at all, that's something you've assumed yourself, unless I'm missing something.

Wow you're stubborn.

You're missing the point. Sometimes is not how the message is delivered. It's the message itself.

I'm amazed that you guys needed a council to figure out that people would still miss announcements. Communication, in any quality or quantity is not infallible. Welcome to chaos friend. And life is splashed with a bit of it at all times.

What's annoying about your stance is that you're even comparing the communication on the topic with your schools announcements. What's also annoying is that you struggled with communication, as a council, and you still don't get that what you put in the message, or if a message is presented at all, can be the problem.

Whatever homie. You have your view, I have mine. peace out.

It's malicious, elitest, and just plain rude.

You, sir, have led a very sublime and sheltered life if emojis changing are the depths of maliciousness, elitism, and rudeness for you. You also don't pay very close attention as it was stated repeatedly by myself and others that the emojis were just for fun.

You, sir, have led a very sublime and sheltered life if emojis changing are the depths of maliciousness, elitism, and rudeness for you. You also don't pay very close attention as it was stated repeatedly by myself and others that the emojis were just for fun.

so you now confessed your sadism. It is FUN for you to torture players with your evil SM-iles.

Ok i must confess I am hocked on your evil ways...

GIMME MOAR SM-ILIES !!!!!

Ops he did it again

You really think that the few forum users hoodwinked by this hoax have a noticable effect on steam ratings? And that the same forum users will remember the usual frency before an alpha release years later and post about the moderator not being serious enough for their taste?

<snip>

1. I do think a few forum users, or a lot of forum users, can cause enough of a bad image push back to impact the overall sales of the 7D2D products. The Emoji is only one reason that some people have a fair gripe with TFP. The Emoji bit is just another example of people refusing to learn that their actions have consequences and those consequences might be a few bad reviews.... or... they might culminate into a 5% dip in sales. Or... they may culminate into a much weaker Gold release. Why people are so hell bent on "I do what I want" while rolling the dice on how that plays out over something you love, is beyond me...

2. Game or not Game, business is business. And I did provide a business that tanked because of not giving appropriate consideration to their customer base.

3. If you think TFP is comparable to EA and can get away with anywhere near the level of crap EA get's away with, you're frankly high. Take a dip into the Steam universe and note all the games that went belly up. 7D2D isn't so big yet that it's not prone to the same possible fate.

4. How do you think No Man's Sky did on it's initial sales? They BARELY stayed alive. And how are they doing now? Much much better. Why are they doing better? Largely, because their actually paying attention to their player base now.

5. Two types of steam reviewers don't mean crap. And yeah, developers are always going to be at odds with pleasing everyone. It's not possible. Which is WHY you don't throw out stupid hoax drama. You've got enough problems to deal with. And it really only takes a small nudge to push any product into the Has Been Bin...

6. When the game goes to 1.0, who's going to be the first people to review the game? All those people you pissed off using their last and most ideal moment to stick it in the eye of a source that offended them.

I think overall we have two different views on what humans are and what makes products succeed and fail. *shrug* time will tell.

For what it's worth, I hope you guys are far more accurate than I...

No... Sir. It's not the emoji's.

"No hate. Just a chuckle or two that you thought there was any correlation between the emojis and the release date. It was never stated that there was any secret message."

If copy and paste serves, those are your words. And a chuckle at fanning flames I find elitist and rude.

The fact you had to state the meaning of something repeatedly, doesn't mean the delivery was the problem. It was the message.

*shrug*

Wow you're stubborn.

You're missing the point. Sometimes is not how the message is delivered. It's the message itself.

I'm amazed that you guys needed a council to figure out that people would still miss announcements. Communication, in any quality or quantity is not infallible. Welcome to chaos friend. And life is splashed with a bit of it at all times.

What's annoying about your stance is that you're even comparing the communication on the topic with your schools announcements. What's also annoying is that you struggled with communication, as a council, and you still don't get that what you put in the message, or if a message is presented at all, can be the problem.

Whatever homie. You have your view, I have mine. peace out.

Dude, you should've bugged out at "college".

It's not real life, it doesn't count...

[Edit] just to be clear, I'm referring to the post that yours was in response to.

1. I do think a few forum users, or a lot of forum users, can cause enough of a bad image push back to impact the overall sales of the 7D2D products. The Emoji is only one reason that some people have a fair gripe with TFP. The Emoji bit is just another example of people refusing to learn that their actions have consequences and those consequences might be a few bad reviews.... or... they might culminate into a 5% dip in sales. Or... they may culminate into a much weaker Gold release. Why people are so hell bent on "I do what I want" while rolling the dice on how that plays out over something you love, is beyond me...

2. Game or not Game, business is business. And I did provide a business that tanked because of not giving appropriate consideration to their customer base.

3. If you think TFP is comparable to EA and can get away with anywhere near the level of crap EA get's away with, you're frankly high. Take a dip into the Steam universe and note all the games that went belly up. 7D2D isn't so big yet that it's not prone to the same possible fate.

4. How do you think No Man's Sky did on it's initial sales? They BARELY stayed alive. And how are they doing now? Much much better. Why are they doing better? Largely, because their actually paying attention to their player base now.

5. Two types of steam reviewers don't mean crap. And yeah, developers are always going to be at odds with pleasing everyone. It's not possible. Which is WHY you don't throw out stupid hoax drama. You've got enough problems to deal with. And it really only takes a small nudge to push any product into the Has Been Bin...

6. When the game goes to 1.0, who's going to be the first people to review the game? All those people you pissed off using their last and most ideal moment to stick it in the eye of a source that offended them.

I think overall we have two different views on what humans are and what makes products succeed and fail. *shrug* time will tell.

For what it's worth, I hope you guys are far more accurate than I...

You are definitely correct that the long update cycle has an influence on ratings. But I doubt emojigate will ever have anything to do with it.

You say you provided a bussiness that tanked? I reread your post and still don't see it. Could you point me to it?

Re No Mans Sky: The ♥♥♥♥ storm was phenomenal, they even did vacate their company building for a while I think. But I'm very sure you are wrong on their sales. I noticed them being top seller on steam even though their pricing was fairly high at AAA-levels. I can't tell you any numbers anymore, but here's an old article about the release: https://gamerant.com/no-mans-sky-best-selling-steam-game/ . Someone with steamspy access might post the "actual" sales numbers a few weeks after release, I only see a line that say between 1 and 2 million copies sold.

This is textbook moving the goalposts. You and I (at least) had exchanged a pair of posts about whether people were alerted sufficiently that the emojis meant nothing. For you to say that "it's really about" something else is dishonest. (I see that you have argued about that with others, and my one comment on the subject received no follow-up.)

Besides that, the message itself is "it's done when it's done," and that has been delivered in various ways. Furthermore, it has been delivered in those various ways precisely because the rage actually has been about the how rather than the what.

Nice ad hominem. That wasn't what the committee was for. Also, I brought up the committee because it directly related to the how of our discussion, a discussion which you now say you weren't interested in having. Fine.

Contrary to your belief, I do get that what you put in the message also is important. I completed most of a degree in PR before I changed my mind. For all your desire to separate the "how" from the "what," both are important. It's the former that you apparently don't understand is the problem here (and not one that rests with TFP).

The fact you had to state the meaning of something repeatedly, doesn't mean the delivery was the problem. It was the message.

Case in point.

Archived