EMOJIGATE!!!!!!!

Roland

To be honest i had enough,

There is NOT a single reason to NOT complain.

People are checking this forum EVERY DAY to see if there is something new. Communication through emojis are OK to me but god, you have no idea how much i hate making stupid emojis connected to something secret and teasing people to death. Why in the F* is there fin on top? If there is a release nearly, just say it normally and stop posting ♥♥♥♥ing messages with hidden meaning. This is not fun anymore, this is just blackmailing and torturing players that have hope for release and then they are dissaspointed a week after that.

Um, Roland even stated in the beginning when he started doing emojis that they meant ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in relation to A17E. He just was doing it for fun and people took it from there that it was actually a secret message, then kept playing devil's advocate about it. People just then decided on their own what was truth even though the person that did it stated the truth that it meant nothing... And it's probably from people that don't come here every day or catch up on posts missed. So when they arrive, 10 pages from last time, they don't see the posts explaining these things then assume what they want. I bet it's one of the reasons why it says ":devilish:fin:devilish:" because of the stupidity that has come from it by some people that frequent this forum. I'm sad to see it go, but glad because it will hopefully stop pointless arguments over it.

What do you expect the Forum moderator to do? Walk into Fataal's office and push him aside and start coding? Lol. Get over yourself. You didn't buy a game you bought Early Access to a game. Until you understand exactly what that means maybe you should stay away from any games that aren't already Gold.

Dude defending the whole Emoji thing is no bueno. Better to let this one burn out.

It was dumb to start out with. And the latest "reason for it all message" was even dumber.

It's not an early access or release date issue. It's a communication issue and an issue with being at least a smidge professional. We all know this forum isn't professional. But it is a representation of both TFP and 7D2D.

So some... Professionalism... Would be wise.

same man i am really getting so pissed about there treating toward there fan base aster i don t know 2 months from this dumb emojs Troland came up saying this emojs means nothing so why did you make them at the first place

Because, as he stated, he wanted something to be changing everyday on the forum that didn't have anything to do with a timeline of A17E release since he knows nothing about it. Even a mod can't do something fun for himself from time to time? lol

same man i am really getting so pissed about there treating toward there fan base aster i don t know 2 months from this dumb emojs Troland came up saying this emojs means nothing so why did you make them at the first place

He said they meant nothing THE DAY HE POSTED THEM. People constantly told others that asked that he said they meant nothing. If anyone, after all that, thought they meant something then that is on them. People really shouldn't be pissed at others because of their own lack of understanding of such a simple statement as "These emoji's mean nothing. They are just to have fun with."

Dude defending the whole Emoji thing is no bueno. Better to let this one burn out.

It was dumb to start out with. And the latest "reason for it all message" was even dumber.

It's not an early access or release date issue. It's a communication issue and an issue with being at least a smidge professional. We all know this forum isn't professional. But it is a representation of both TFP and 7D2D.

Lol. I would rather have fun forums. It's not Roland's fault people can't understand the simple statement "These are just for fun." There was nothing unprofessional about them. This is an internet forum not a board room or a court room. Fun things like that is why I, and a bunch of others, come here.

You said it all

I dont understand why some people think we want a fully polished game released in a few months .. that´s not the point!

We just like updates..in a set cycle ..

And Early Acces is meant to be buggy.. especially a game within alpha state!

For people who want stable Updates..there is the normal "Stable branch" and some other guys just want to test and maybe report things, they like progress during an EA .. because that is what i like! I want to be part of the progress during the EA phase.... but some don´t understand that ...

this guy gets it

I somewhat agree... Except for the last bit.

You have absolutely no proof of this statement... Sure, it may work well generally, but TFPs sales speak for themselves...

You need to give some examples or cases, before you can make such a statement. At least intelligently (if that was one of your criteria... Not saying it has to be).

Now THAT would be wise :p

Lol. I would rather have fun forums. It's not Roland's fault people can't understand the simple statement "These are just for fun." There was nothing unprofessional about them. This is an internet forum not a board room or a court room. Fun things like that is why I, and a bunch of others, come here.

I would rather see 7D2D end an alpha with the vast majority of it's alpha player base not leaving pissed off feedback that affects the sales and longevity of the game.

Fun yes. Irresponsible? No.

You could go gold with an Alpha player base tone of: "There were a lot of bumps along the way, but TFP really gave a crap about the game and it's players! Ended up with an awesome game! TFP rocks!"

You could go gold with an Alpha player base tone of: "There were a lot of bumps along the way, but TFP didn't really give a damn. They did what they wanted and even their moderators made fun of their player base as a whole. Save the die hard fanboys and girls who were just as trollish. We got a decent game, but don't expect TFP to give a damn."

Which way do you think the whole Emoji and the amusement towards how people took it is going to go in these scenarios?

How do you think one scenario will sell as opposed to the other scenario?

If you've not seen game companies, or any company, tank because of public perception, you've got yer head in the sand friend.

To be honest i had enough,

There is NOT a single reason to NOT complain.

People are checking this forum EVERY DAY to see if there is something new. Communication through emojis are OK to me but god, you have no idea how much i hate making stupid emojis connected to something secret and teasing people to death. Why in the F* is there fin on top? If there is a release nearly, just say it normally and stop posting ♥♥♥♥ing messages with hidden meaning. This is not fun anymore, this is just blackmailing and torturing players that have hope for release and then they are dissaspointed a week after that.

Oh, for pity's sake.

GET.

OVER.

YOURSELVES.

Not a single reason to NOT complain? There are PLENTY of reasons to NOT complain:

1) The game is obviously in-progress. We keep seeing updates and info every few days. Screenshots, developer comments, Joel's tweets.

2) The Devs DO communicate, when they need to. RIGHT NOW, however, is crunch-time for A17, so NO, I'd rather they DIDN'T lurk in forums. I'd rather they DEVELOP THE GAME.

3) The improvements shown are ACTUAL IMPROVEMENTS. Better graphics, deeper skill system, vehicles, new and better POIs...you name it.

There's a few. There are more.

"Communication through emojis are OK to me" immediately followed by "but god, you have no idea how much i hate making stupid emojis connected to something secret and teasing people to death." -- I don't think you understand what "Ok to me" means, if this is your argument.

Corollary to that: it was stated at the very outset of those emojis showing up that THEY HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE COMMUNICATION OF THE DEVS. It was a random exercise in goofiness and trolling that Roland engaged. No hidden messages, no 'teasers' involved. Yet STILL you people insist on lambasting both the devs and the mods as if they somehow have done something wrong.

Again, are you willfully ignorant, or just woefully stupid? I'm not asking that of you, individually, Flat0ut...but of all the people who REFUSE to actually pay attention to what is SAID by the people in charge here, and instead just insert their own preconceptions into the mix and treat them as unassailable truth.

"Blackmail"? "Torture"? Stop with the histrionics and hyperbole. Neither of those things are happening here, and it just makes you sound...childish. Or uninformed. Or both.

Their treatment of their fanbase?? HOW are they mistreating their fanbase? Also, the Pimps themselves had NOTHING TO DO with the emojis. Roland was having a bit of creative fun just playing with the emojis....and you people just LOSE YOUR MINDS over it because you DECIDED there must be a secret meaning in what he was doing. Why did he make them in the first place? BECAUSE IT WAS FUNNY. And people with an actual sense of humor picked up on it, and some even played along by creating a narrative for the different emoji lines.

THIS. IS. NOT. MISTREATMENT.

Sweet mother of GOD, maybe it's the fact that I'm 40 years old and I've actually had to live a life outside of whinging about Early Access games "taking too long" (when there's no guarantee that they'll EVER EVEN CHANGE), or people's random fun on forums, or trying to shame a group of developers for having the FREAKING DEDICATION TO THEIR PRODUCT that means they don't just spew out something that's not their best effort just to shut the mouths of the self-entitled whiners who seem to think that the world revolves around their happiness...but I really, REALLY find this whole spiel of y'all's worthless.

No hate. Just a chuckle or two that you thought there was any correlation between the emojis and the release date. It was never stated that there was any secret message. I clearly stated at the beginning that they were just going to be meaningless fun and that was repeated several times by others over the course of the last month. The emojis were always just a silly reason to come back each day to see the changes. The only message showing now is that the emoji fun is over.

The fact that you placed nonexistent meaning about supposed release dates on emojis and are now upset by...emojis reaffirms to me that we should not do tentative release dates.

To be fair, can you blame people for putting a link between the emoji's and a possible state of the build?

It isn't uncommon for game companies to put hints out regarding, for example, a new game title and since it's been pretty much a full year since 16.4, people will pick up on those small things and think of them as hints.

I somewhat agree... Except for the last bit.

You have absolutely no proof of this statement... Sure, it may work well generally, but TFPs sales speak for themselves...

You need to give some examples or cases, before you can make such a statement. At least intelligently (if that was one of your criteria... Not saying it has to be).

Now THAT would be wise :p

Professionalism doesn't mean stick up a butt.

It does mean being thoughtful of your behavioural impacts on a business.

Some examples where companies didn't really respect their customer base?

One of the most obvious is Blockbuster video. Which, is included in this one example.

And no, I didn't have to provide evidence. Learn to use Google yourself. I'm not your research analyst.

https://www.insidetucsonbusiness.com/news/on_guard/three-businesses-that-failed-for-lack-of-customer-service/article_42816a5e-d4df-11e0-9b64-001cc4c002e0.html

I actually agree with most of this, @Jackelmyer. My issue with it isn't that I feel I need to defend the emoji thing itself -- people are entitled to think it's fun, or stupid, or pointless, or whatever. That's perfectly legit. But when the person who started it made it clear from the beginning that there was no intention of "encoding" the emojis with secret messages...and people still decided that's what MUST BE GOING ON...then it's not on Roland. It's on the people who have chosen not to pay attention.

The truth of the emojis WAS communicated. It was an opportunity to have some fun, break up a bit of forum monotony, and have a laugh. There's nothing unprofessional about that. There's nothing unprofessional about Roland DOING it. It was a goof, it was stated as a goof from the outset, and people took it somewhere it NEVER should have gone. That's not unprofessional of Roland or TFP. It's childishness on the part of the people throwing the fit, and that's not something that TFP are responsible for.

So lots of us visit this forum ever day.

Roland decides to have some fun with the emojis, to spice things up.

Then Roland gets lots of crap about it, because of "insert stupidity".

There is just no winning. Good thing I'm not staff or mod, so I can just ignore it.

Join me Xandyr78 ;)

Archived