EMOJIGATE!!!!!!!

Roland

And people would have skipped reading the disclaimer and you would still be in here claiming that he wasn't clear enough. IT WAS A BUNCH OF STUPID EMOJIS. ANYONE that thought they meant something is too dense to worry about when trying to craft a public message for a forum because it will go over their head no matter what.

Also, one more time for extra emphasis: IT WAS A LINE OF EMOJI'S. YOU ARE UPSET ABOUT A LINE OF CARTOONISH CHARACTERS TYPED ON AN INTERNET FORUM. LMAO.

I try so hard to stay reasonable and keep my own emotions in check when I'm here, Gnomaana...can I just say thank you for expressing my own internal feelings so...vividly? LOL.

Can everyone STFU about emojis please?

It's exhausting trawling through all this garbage to even find a post worth reading these last couple of days.

As far as I am aware, Roland is the forum moderator right? Not a dev or programmer....?

So use your noggins people, put 2 & 2 together and stop coming up with 5.

Even if you have missed the multiple posts from Roland and others, saying there is no meaning in them. How on earth would he be able to give a running emoji commentary to every bug found and fixed? It just isn't feasible.

Jesus Christ, people are losing their minds on here!!

Buy another game and stop lashing out at Roland having a bit of fun. Be patient and wait!

also are we there yet ugh the fun pimp should start delaying the update a week for every time some one say are we there yet ;)

Roland doesnt need to "admit" to anything. People are getting butthurt over a emoji joke. A joke about emojis. EMOJIS! And people are acting like he slept with their wife, murdered their cat and took a dump on their favorite shirt. All because a joke with cartoon smiley faces that people completely of their own accord looked way to deep in dipsite being repeatedly told not to. You cant blame Roland for you jumping to conclusions and being too lazy to even try look for the truth before you jumped.

You're adults, stop crying about emojis and act like it.

Soo true

My opinions on the situation at hand with the emojis likely won't be popular, but meh...oh well. I've never been popular.

While I get what Roland is saying it was something for him to have fun with. And he did mention it had no real meaning, that's fine and good. But it doesn't actually matter what the intention was, if it could be taken in any other way by the community, it should have never been done. Now I'd like to think Roland is an intelligent person and could foresee this outcome but still went forward with his fun forum "game". The issue here is that as a Forum Moderator you aren't here to have fun when logged into that forum account. You are here to moderate the forums and do a job you were given. Paid or voluntary doesn't matter as you accepted the responsibility of the job. This is where professionalism comes into play. Like it or not while you are a moderator for TFP forums people will see you as part of their group. You made a mistake regardless if you told people, or it was repeated several times that these emojis were fake. The speed at which posts can be made on this part of the forum will rapidly bury those kinds of comments. And you aren't making your position stronger by snipping back at those upset with you. It will only fuel the situation. Just admit you made a small mistake and move on. If you can't admit you might have made a mistake and had a hand in the current complaints well...

Wrong!

It's not Roland's job to pander to pussies :cocksure:

Loggos, you have this so backwards. You have heard of freedom of speech right? You don't filter your opinions just because a small percentile may be offended. Nothing would get achieved in the world if everyone did that. I'm so tired of how easily offended people are these days...

To be honest I saw the original post where he stated that the emojis were to be a for fun so I was never deceived. I thought it was at the time (and still do) that it was a bit mocking, in poor taste and would only add to the bileness on this forum.

I also believe that this wasn't Roland's intention.

In any case, this is where we currently are. People bitching about emojis and people bitching about people bitching about emojis.

My opinions on the situation at hand with the emojis likely won't be popular, but meh...oh well. I've never been popular.

While I get what Roland is saying it was something for him to have fun with. And he did mention it had no real meaning, that's fine and good. But it doesn't actually matter what the intention was, if it could be taken in any other way by the community, it should have never been done. Now I'd like to think Roland is an intelligent person

my soul aches at that type of logic. Its heart breaking seeing how overly sensitive people who take no responsibility for themselves have spread so far & wide. What happened??

The man stated that it has no bearing on the progression of the next alpha, that is it. Anything more than that is 1000000% your ( or whoever is over analyzing it) fault. No one else, thats it. Not rolands, not the toothfairy, not Barney or Dora the explorer or even santa. Figured using children show characters to cater to childish logic.

No one is responsible for someone over analyzing than the person who is doing it. If roland stated the emojis have no meaning, then its just that. Meaningless entertaining emojis.

This literally has to change, every other successful game updates once a week not once a year. I don't wanna hear about its a small team or they had to redo the whole game blah blah blah, dead frontier has literally 1 developer and they update literally everyday, the forest has a team of 4 and they can make a whole game and update it 3 times in the span of 1 alpha in 7 days. SO many great zombie games coming out, it legit worries me for this game. Tired of this Macho attitude here, ITS DONE WHEN ITS DONE... GIVE ME A BREAK. Let me say that to a customer waiting on a food order and watch me lose my job. Better yet let me write down 3 emojis to have them figure out when their food will be done... They said this would be a short alpha and that was a lie. Stop trying to save face by being confusing about the progress and open up and be more honest about whats going on to your playerbase. So many other survival games coming out, you would think you guys would be hurrying to not lose your players to other games. Prolly a new beard skin causing all the bugs knowing yall.

So i'm not sure if you're familiar with 7 DTD.

Dead frontier is alright, nothing amazing. The forest, i felt, was overrated. Fun with very little replayability.

is A17 taking long? Yep. There anything you can do about it? Nope. is crying, pouting, whining, stomping your little baby feet demanding A17 have any effect on the release time? Doubt it.

the player base might dwindle, which is natural.. games tend to do that, when A17 drops they'll come right back. playing other games is healthy, focusing soley on 1 game (if you play HOURS on end, every day, every week, every month) will get boring. Broaden your horizon. Enjoy new things. Develop some patience, accept that what you do or what you say or what you post will not change the outcome. It wont debug the game breaking bugs that're being worked on.

Once you embrace that, you'll be better off.

Lol... this is incredible. I really had no idea this would be the result.

For those of you who feel pranked and feel too much anger about the length of the dev cycle to take it in good stride, how can I make it up to you? Let me know the price of forgiveness.

A Roland video? Maybe me vs a dog and vulture horde where I possibly get ripped to shreds?

A big reveal of something secret?

Screenshots of laundry room paraphernalia?

A true countdown using emojis....?

lmao

For those of you who feel pranked and feel too much anger about the length of the dev cycle to take it in good stride, how can I make it up to you? Let me know the price of forgiveness.

A Roland video? Maybe me vs a dog and vulture horde where I possibly get ripped to shreds?

lmao

bahahahaha...

Still love ya Roland. :D Even if I am a pain in the ass. lol.

- - - Updated - - -

No we arent. We wont get any return once the game is finished.

@WMD with Slightly Mad Studios we were investors. We got a ~325% return on said investment. They also had to go through a bunch of red tape to prove it wasnt a giant scam.

Man... Do you people value your experiences in life, even if it's a game, so little? Kinda sad. :(

lmao

Roland, I've never felt this way about a man before but I think I love you.

lmao

i would love to see you take on a horde of vulture and dogs. But we dont need anything from the devs/forum moderators what we all need whose waiting is patience. yall dont have to make nothing up to us. We all need to understand that this isnt a finished game this is an alpha that needs work and can change at any point during development and with some changes come longer periods of time between updates.

The emoji thing is what really was getting to alot of people what you may have seen as maybe trolling having a little fun others where thinking it was a countdown and getting their hopes up and their dreams crushed when it change to something different. even though you and others countless times said that the emojis had nothing to do with a release date.

lmao

ronald i am straight but can i go out with you for a date i pay

lmao

Oh! Oh! Do the.. Big secret! What is it? Is it the emojis really meant something to you?! haha srry :playful:

200.gif?cid=3640f6095bad5f932e5950514918c3a3

i would love to see you take on a horde of vulture and dogs. But we dont need anything from the devs/forum moderators what we all need whose waiting is patience. yall dont have to make nothing up to us. We all need to understand that this isnt a finished game this is an alpha that needs work and can change at any point during development and with some changes come longer periods of time between updates.

The emoji thing is what really was getting to alot of people what you may have seen as maybe trolling having a little fun others where thinking it was a countdown and getting their hopes up and their dreams crushed when it change to something different. even though you and others countless times said that the emojis had nothing to do with a release date.

Geez... Then why bother putting them there and changing them every day? The intent to troll is clear.

Oh god HOW nice from you. Covering everybody you can.

As you could see this is OFFICIAL DEVELOPER DIARY.

I dont think it is relevant to post something as "troll messages". This is developer diary and diaries are usually used to say what happened in life (in this case development) time. What is serious or not is none of my concerns. All i was looking for was the progress, not some ♥♥♥♥ing emojis and ransom trollposts.

+1. This place is rather annoying. I came here to observe the dev news firsthand, only to find 95% of posts being some stupid crap from nondevs, filled up with idiot jokes and idiot pictures. Put half of the forum into my ignore list so I could scroll through the trash easier, but it's a fight that cant ever be won, lol. Wish there was a post author whitelisting.

+1. This place is rather annoying. I came here to observe the dev news firsthand, only to find 95% of posts being some stupid crap from nondevs, filled up with idiot jokes and idiot pictures. Put half of the forum into my ignore list so I could scroll through the trash easier, but it's a fight that cant ever be won, lol. Wish there was a post author whitelisting.

yeah, wish they had something like that..

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?33748-Dev-Tracker

@Roland.. @Gazz... wait... FIN?

is Fin what I think it is? the same as Fim or Final?..edit: I just realized it can be something even better..

Movies used to end with Fin...

"fin" !! GET YOUR TICKETS NOW !!

...Why in the F* is there fin on top?...

Where y’all getting this fin from?

I1TUOzn.jpg

We've been getting information regularly, both in the form of new content sneak peeks and of developers telling us what they've done or fixed today. But that doesn't count, I guess. I don't feel trolled at all, and I'm still baffled by how people can claim that they are being trolled because there are emojis changing on the poll above, where it also clearly states " A17 will be released when the bugs are fixed". But then people are great at biasing themselves and taking things personally, I guess.

So tell me. What IS the point of the emojis? Do the moderators actually expect people to read all the ♥♥♥♥ posts here every day to find hidden non-definitions of what's on the top of every page?

I'll tell you the point. To troll.

Also by regular, you mean like, once every 2 months? That seems about average.

So tell me. What IS the point of the emojis? Do the moderators actually expect people to read all the ♥♥♥♥ posts here every day to find hidden non-definitions of what's on the top of every page?

I'll tell you the point. To troll.

Also by regular, you mean like, once every 2 months? That seems about average.

Well, perhaps instead of assuming or attributing a meaning to them, one can ask first, as many other users have done before. But thinking, without reason (since we're talking about users here that missed the whole thing), that they're somehow code for a release is, well... far-fetched is about the lightest term I can come up with.

Also, I check it every day, and there's more information or sneak peeks every few days. Don't lie, it won't make your case more solid.

And not be pissed off? I don't even care how long it takes. All I want is updates. Information. Not trolled by the actual company. Even if you just define it as being a backer, you still wouldn't welcome being trolled by the people you're backing. Even if you just bought a product, you wouldn't appreciate being trolled by the company who sold you the product.

You can be pissed off all you want about whatever you want. Doesn't really change anything.

Archived