EMOJIGATE!!!!!!!

Roland

Wait people actually thought the emojis were some secret code?

With Roland saying on the day he created it "Lets see who reads too much into those emojis" i didnt think some of you were actively legitimately trying to decipher them.

LOL. And you guys expect Pimos to take ANYTHING you guys say seriously? Ah thanks guys, i needed a good laugh today.

Roland, put the countdown back up but put it at 2 and a half percent. For kicks.

same man i am really getting so pissed about there treating toward there fan base aster i don t know 2 months from this dumb emojs Troland came up saying this emojs means nothing so why did you make them at the first place

he made the emoji to have fun are you not entertain?

im.

Wait people actually thought the emojis were some secret code?

With Roland saying on the day he created it "Lets see who reads too much into those emojis" i didnt think some of you were actively legitimately trying to decipher them.

LOL. And you guys expect Pimos to take ANYTHING you guys say seriously? Ah thanks guys, i needed a good laugh today.

Roland, put the countdown back up but put it at 2 and a half percent. For kicks.

If you could use your brain you would know that some people might have missed what Roland said because his words are not on the top of the page next to these stupid emoji's. :distrust:

hm...

normally, Customers are King.

As far as i know it from companies i worked for, it was always this: Anybody in the company that trolls the king has to live under a bridge (gets fired, because in one way or the other it hurts sales. Has nothing to do with Bridge Trolls. well. even if that makes sense to me now....). Duh. that sounds like an episode of disenchanted....

The thing i don't understand is that Roland is still Forum Moderator, and that the Owners of the Company just let him do it. That was no marketing gag, that was no exaggeration like in no mans sky to increase the sales, that was just for "a chuckle" - a chuckle that impacts sales negativly, is the same sound that in my world gets people fired.

This is textbook moving the goalposts. You and I (at least) had exchanged a pair of posts about whether people were alerted sufficiently that the emojis meant nothing. For you to say that "it's really about" something else is dishonest. (I see that you have argued about that with others, and my one comment on the subject received no follow-up.)

You seem to have missed my original post then.

Dude defending the whole Emoji thing is no bueno. Better to let this one burn out.

It was dumb to start out with. And the latest "reason for it all message" was even dumber.

It's not an early access or release date issue. It's a communication issue and an issue with being at least a smidge professional. We all know this forum isn't professional. But it is a representation of both TFP and 7D2D.

So some... Professionalism... Would be wise.

Note the bolded text. Nothing dishonest. Again, you make my point just like most others have. Scrolling back doesn't seem to always happen does it? Even by the people arguing the details were always there...

And for whatever point I didn't address, perhaps I just missed it. Apologies. But I'm not sure what you're referring to.

Regarding the who what when where why and all the W's that go along with it... How and What are never really all that separate. I'm emphasizing the what, I've commented on the hows, and all of which, I've referred to as lacking thought or necessity.

And I have no idea what your case in point is referring to. But... I think I addressed all of your comments in this one. *shrug*

The thing i don't understand is that Roland is still Forum Moderator, and that the Owners of the Company just let him do it...that was just for "a chuckle" - a chuckle that impacts sales negativly, is the same sound that in my world gets people fired.

It impacted sales negatively? I must have missed that part...

You seem to have missed my original post then.

I didn't. You must have missed the part in the post that you just quoted where I said, "I see that you argued about this other thing with others." The point of those words was to say that my posts were not addressing what (apparently) was your main point. (Your main point has not been entirely clear over the course of your posts.) You did make comments, secondarily, about how people didn't know that the emojis were meaningless; and you pinned that on lack of proper communication. I rebutted that line of argument. *shrug*

Again, you make my point just like most others have. Scrolling back doesn't seem to always happen does it? Even by the people arguing the details were always there...

*scrolls back* Nope, I definitely didn't argue anything along the lines that people need to scroll back or that they should scroll back or that if they scrolled back they would perfectly find their information. What I specifically said was that it doesn't matter where or how the info was posted, some still wouldn't get it. If Roland made a flashy pop-up happen every time people logged on and the pop-up told them the information, some still wouldn't get it.

I'm emphasizing the what, I've commented on the hows, and all of which, I've referred to as lacking thought or necessity.

Your conclusion is where you and I disagree.

And I have no idea what your case in point is referring to.

That you have assessed incorrectly where the problem is.

hm...

normally, Customers are King.

As far as i know it from companies i worked for, it was always this: Anybody in the company that trolls the king has to live under a bridge (gets fired, because in one way or the other it hurts sales. Has nothing to do with Bridge Trolls. well. even if that makes sense to me now....). Duh. that sounds like an episode of disenchanted....

The thing i don't understand is that Roland is still Forum Moderator, and that the Owners of the Company just let him do it. That was no marketing gag, that was no exaggeration like in no mans sky to increase the sales, that was just for "a chuckle" - a chuckle that impacts sales negativly, is the same sound that in my world gets people fired.

Same thought here, as a quick look at steam reveals, the reviews go down, it will not be the first and not the last game or even studio going down the drain because of bad steam reviews.

It is nothing I´m hoping for, but it sometimes just happens.

But Roland was successfull at least, he shifted from a communitymod to a troll with ease, come and get you a cookie.

If its not trolling just answer one question: why, for gods sake, didnt you just place an explain right below this emojis?

A person just as intelligent as Roland should have had known, that this will upset a part of the community even more. Just plain stupid nonsense done to a already divided fanbase...

I´m NOT entertained...just my ten cents

My thoughts on everyone complaining about the delays of this alpha is just the frustration that we want to play 7 Days but feel that we are so close that we don't want to make any progress just to have A17 released and lose our progress. Like everyone else I thought we had a fairly close date and was waiting patiently for the announcement, but now I think of the month I could have had with A16 would have been worth it. Then with every week that goes by I think well I could jump on a server and have some fun but.... what if next week it releases! no I'll wait, but then it doesn't come.

(The following is not directed toward Captmiller; his post was just the catalyst.) I know others have said something similar before, but I don't understand this. I say that as someone who also stopped playing in anticipation of A17. Mine is not a desire to avoid my progress being wiped but a lack of desire to play with the soon-to-be-outdated version. I see the cool new stuff coming and I want only that. Of course, as much as I want to play A17, I don't stop playing games altogether. I've been beating Super Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild and the other major Nintendo Switch releases. I would drop all of that in a heartbeat for A17, but my whole world hasn't stopped just because I don't have it.

Here's hoping that in all of that my admission that I play console games doesn't disqualify me from this forum in some way.

Time will tell my friend. Agree to disagree perhaps?

I'm not sure that time till tell that, but we can let it rest.

You, sir, have led a very sublime and sheltered life if emojis changing are the depths of maliciousness, elitism, and rudeness for you. You also don't pay very close attention as it was stated repeatedly by myself and others that the emojis were just for fun.

What a professional way to respond. If only you could understand that, regardless of how many times it was said in the replies, people will MISS those comments because this thread has quite a bit of activity.

The proper way of ensuring that this would not have happened is by adding it as a disclaimer in the 'poll area' that the emoji has no correlation.

Just because you saw it as good fun, does not mean that people will do so the same way. They will see it as a hint because hints are given by developers from time to time.

Once again, I personally don't care about it turning out that the emoji is not linked to the development status, but what I do care about is that you seem to lack the ability to understand how this could've been picked up as a hint by people.

"I sAiD iT MuLtIpLe TiMeS iN ThE ThrEaD!" does not mean everybody will see it in a thread as active as this. Not that hard to understand.

The proper way of ensuring that this would not have happened is by adding it as a disclaimer in the 'poll area' that the emoji has no correlation.

I thought that the words above the emojis were enough...

"I sAiD iT MuLtIpLe TiMeS iN ThE ThrEaD!" does not mean everybody will see it in a thread as active as this. Not that hard to understand.

Were you conveying some sort of secret message there?

Can everyone STFU about emojis please?

It's exhausting trawling through all this garbage to even find a post worth reading these last couple of days.

As far as I am aware, Roland is the forum moderator right? Not a dev or programmer....?

So use your noggins people, put 2 & 2 together and stop coming up with 5.

Even if you have missed the multiple posts from Roland and others, saying there is no meaning in them. How on earth would he be able to give a running emoji commentary to every bug found and fixed? It just isn't feasible.

Jesus Christ, people are losing their minds on here!!

Buy another game and stop lashing out at Roland having a bit of fun. Be patient and wait!

See, I would agree if Roland's emoji statement was visible for people that started checking this post out for example 2 weeks AFTER he posted it.

I personally never saw his statement anywhere so I was one of those people that was not aware it had no correlation to if it was actually closer to release or not. As I said earlier, it is not uncommon for companies to put hints out for either new releases or future content in general so you cannot blame people for putting a link between the emoji and the state of A17.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad at Roland or anybody but I do think that if they wanted to prevent this drama, it should've been a message in the poll area stating the emoji's had nothing to do with it.

Or you know, just don't mess around in that info section which is actively looked at by thousands per day to prevent future ♥♥♥♥storms.

Do we really have to gear EVERYTHING in life to the lowest common denominators among us? It's an internet forum. About a game. That isn't even out of Alpha yet. That is about zombies. Even here we have to make sure the "special" people don't get their feelings hurt?

My opinions on the situation at hand with the emojis likely won't be popular, but meh...oh well. I've never been popular.

While I get what Roland is saying it was something for him to have fun with. And he did mention it had no real meaning, that's fine and good. But it doesn't actually matter what the intention was, if it could be taken in any other way by the community, it should have never been done. Now I'd like to think Roland is an intelligent person and could foresee this outcome but still went forward with his fun forum "game". The issue here is that as a Forum Moderator you aren't here to have fun when logged into that forum account. You are here to moderate the forums and do a job you were given. Paid or voluntary doesn't matter as you accepted the responsibility of the job. This is where professionalism comes into play. Like it or not while you are a moderator for TFP forums people will see you as part of their group. You made a mistake regardless if you told people, or it was repeated several times that these emojis were fake. The speed at which posts can be made on this part of the forum will rapidly bury those kinds of comments. And you aren't making your position stronger by snipping back at those upset with you. It will only fuel the situation. Just admit you made a small mistake and move on. If you can't admit you might have made a mistake and had a hand in the current complaints well...

Um, Roland even stated in the beginning when he started doing emojis that they meant ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in relation to A17E. He just was doing it for fun and people took it from there that it was actually a secret message, then kept playing devil's advocate about it. People just then decided on their own what was truth even though the person that did it stated the truth that it meant nothing... And it's probably from people that don't come here every day or catch up on posts missed. So when they arrive, 10 pages from last time, they don't see the posts explaining these things then assume what they want. I bet it's one of the reasons why it says ":devilish:fin:devilish:" because of the stupidity that has come from it by some people that frequent this forum. I'm sad to see it go, but glad because it will hopefully stop pointless arguments over it.

This!

Thank you for speaking reason, if I were to respond to all the complaints about the emojis this is almost exactly what I would say to the letter.

But it doesn't actually matter what the intention was, if it could be taken in any other way by the community, it should have never been done.

Just...no. Claiming that the moderator is RESPONSIBLE for the reactions of other people? No. Just no. Personally, I don't want ANYONE on these forums to feel as though they have to try and think through EVERY POSSIBLE NEGATIVE REACTION, and if they find one, they shouldn't say anything.

At that point, we close the forum and we go home. Because if you really think it's either mature or responsible to say to someone else "Your intentions might have been fine, but XXXXXXXX individual was upset by your statement, so YOU ARE IN THE WRONG..." then you are part of the problem and not the solution.

It is NOT Roland's job to pre-judge the content here and to make sure that NOTHING IS SAID, EVER, that could possibly be viewed negatively.

That. Is. RIDICULOUS.

He made a post, specifically saying "Let's see how people will read into these..." was that the wisest choice? No, perhaps it wasn't, but it's not in violation of the rules here, or the Terms of Service in general. It's no different than the constant "Are we there yet?" posts, the "Confirmed: Zombie Hitler is Boss in 7D Quest System!" or other posts that are literally taking a swipe at some of the more consistently ridiculous posts here.

Roland is a mod. He's a forum user with more power than the rest of us, but he is still a forum user. He can be just as troll-y as the rest of us, if he wishes. Most of the time, he chooses not to be. He behaves far more professionally than the people who've decided that because they don't LIKE something he did (it's not a ToS violation or even anything that harmed ANYBODY), they reserve the right to bash him, the Pimps, and anyone who disagrees with their assessment.

The emoji thing is over. You don't like it? Didn't like it? Fine. Your piece has been said. MOVE. THE. HECK. ON.

What a professional way to respond. If only you could understand that, regardless of how many times it was said in the replies, people will MISS those comments because this thread has quite a bit of activity.

And people would have skipped reading the disclaimer and you would still be in here claiming that he wasn't clear enough. IT WAS A BUNCH OF STUPID EMOJIS. ANYONE that thought they meant something is too dense to worry about when trying to craft a public message for a forum because it will go over their head no matter what.

Also, one more time for extra emphasis: IT WAS A LINE OF EMOJI'S. YOU ARE UPSET ABOUT A LINE OF CARTOONISH CHARACTERS TYPED ON AN INTERNET FORUM. LMAO.

Archived