Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Yep , working on my own Unity project...solo , no early access , no ♥♥♥♥s given about others opinions...I am making the game for me and me alone...now , if it also happens to sell copies when I finally release it , that is just a bonus...

An update...

Huge vulture AI overhaul this week, which was kind of bug fixing, so not really new features. ;)

Added: Sleeping to vultures and set home distance to sleeper sight range + 1.

Changed: Improved vulture return home, movement, turning, attacking and added attack relocation mode.

Added: Vulture circling mode.

Added: Vulture glide anim, which blends in/out depending on vertical motion and state.

Added: Vulture wander height check, so stays a nice random distance above terrain.

Added: Made vulture sight range long and added drifting toward closest visible player when in wander mode.

These changes makes vultures feel like a very dynamic enemy. Probably my favorite now, as they lazily drift toward you and wait for you to be injured and rapidly swoop down to rip your face off, aggressively chase you, pull up to find a new spot to pounce on you again and repeat. The variable movement rates look nicer, since flying up is a lot harder than down IRL.

An update...

Huge vulture AI overhaul this week, which was kind of bug fixing, so not really new features. ;)

Changed: Improved vulture return home, movement, turning, attacking and added attack relocation mode.

Added: Vulture glide anim, which blends in/out depending on vertical motion and state.

Added: Vulture wander height check, so stays a nice random distance above terrain.

Added: Made vulture sight range long and added drifting toward closest visible player when in wander mode.

These changes makes vultures feel like a very dynamic enemy. Probably my favorite now, as they lazily drift toward you and wait for you to be injured and rapidly swoop down to rip your face off, aggressively chase you, pull up to find a new spot to pounce on you again and repeat. The variable movement rates look nicer, since flying up is a lot harder than down IRL.

Nice work Faatal and thanks for the update :D i smell some rages with this vulture

An update...

Please release the experimental now please XD Been waiting for this update for a long time :strawberry::smile-new:

Hmmm...what if a modder switches the AI on one of the zombies for the wolf...

TAMABLE ZEDS! You can have your own pet zombie!

Sure, they'll be your pet, but dont EVER run out of fresh meat for them, or this will happen.

Player wakes up: "Wow! What hit me... AND someone took a bite out of my leg!"

Zombie Friday: "Hmmm". Tries to look thoughtful while dropping a rock behind him.

.....they lazily drift toward you and wait for you to be injured and rapidly swoop down to rip your face off, aggressively chase you, pull up to find a new spot to pounce on you again and repeat...

Tell the truth, vultures are now based on the qualities of one of your old girlfriends.

I've had great success with my "don't care what others want, do it for me" philosophy. It's just easier. I have over 10 downloads, so my quota is met.

Anything beyond that is lagniappe.

Not to say I don't watch the streams and improve, but stompy and I won't budge on our core ideas. Unless the ones given are better than ours. =)

The trick? No ego. Extremely beneficial.

Roland is awesome. That is all.

An update...

Ok I hope you added a Kite Shield to the player so we can duck and hide from bird poop bombarding us.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, and then you breed them to create your own army!

Or somesuch.

Bandit husbandry? Begin the Clone Wars!

Hmm. This makes me wonder if there will ever actually be any Science Fiction sciency elements added to 7D

Not to say I don't watch the streams and improve, but stompy and I won't budge on our core ideas. Unless the ones given are better than ours. =)

The trick? No ego. Extremely beneficial.

That pretty much sums it up.

You can listen to feedback. It helps. But you always keep in mind - especially on game balance - that most players only look at a tiny snapshot of the game and don't judge their situation by gamestage or random loot drop results.

This is no "scripted story" game where you know that the player will find the shotgun 25m into the 2nd level. Life can suck. Back in the day it once took 2 weeks to find the forge book and another time calipers.

Another time I found a sniper rifle within 5 minutes.

So yeah, I do read a lot of feedback, including criticism, but when I decide that it's BS my response will be

tumbleweed.gif

That pretty much sums it up.

You can listen to feedback. It helps. But you always keep in mind - especially on game balance - that most players only look at a tiny snapshot of the game and don't judge their situation by gamestage or random loot drop results.

This is no "scripted story" game where you know that the player will find the shotgun 25m into the 2nd level. Life can suck. Back in the day it once took 2 weeks to find the forge book and another time calipers.

Another time I found a sniper rifle within 5 minutes.

So yeah, I do read a lot of feedback, including criticism, but when I decide that it's BS my response will be

tumbleweed.gif

I've been wondering why you've been filling my inbox with tumbleweeds for the past two years. Mystery solved.

faatal:

I have a question regarding the digging zombie (dog was it?).

Let's say, for some reason, you have a base underground. I imagine, that if the entrance is far away, the z's still conjugate on top of you on hoard night as it is now.

But, is there some kind of mechanism to keep any digger in place a little, if you move around in your cave?

It could mean the difference between swiss cheese land scape vs just a big hole where they actually have a chance of reaching you.

Is there anything new about farming? Was thinking about some mods that add a gazillion of new food options. Water spreaders etc. Will complex farming ever get some love?

- New crops / fruit

- New sorts of food / drinks

- different ways to cook

- advanced irrigation

- underground pipes

batman,

Thanks for the update, faatal :)

Thanks for the A17 access Roland!!!

Wow, who would have thought that spaceships were one of the surprises!

But I have some questions:

-When I start the 1.21 gigawatt nuclear power plant, do I use the red wire or the blue wire?

-I cant find ammo for the M1 Abrams tank, is that a bug?

-I also think that zombies using jetpacks and not me seems a bit unfair.

Anyway thanks for the access! Who would have thought "AAAAA" was the password!

Thanks for the A17 access Roland!!!

Wow, who would have thought that spaceships were one of the surprises!

But I have some questions:

-When I start the 1.21 gigawatt nuclear power plant, do I use the red wire or the blue wire?

-I cant find ammo for the M1 Abrams tank, is that a bug?

-I also think that zombies using jetpacks and not me seems a bit unfair.

Anyway thanks for the access! Who would have thought "AAAAA" was the password!

You are doing it all wrong, geez, you have to board the spaceship, and use the intestines from the blue alien to make the ammo for the M1

@Fataal Great changes on the vulture! That base code will also improve our other flying entities like birds and Wyverns. If you would, please consider hooking in the aiming code for ranged attacks, even if you currently don't have plans to implement ranged attacks on the vulture. Right now my flying entities continue to turn when the ranged attack is triggered, causing poor accuracy for the projectile. If they could hold thier course for a few seconds during the ranged attack, that would be a huge benefit. Thanks!

Archived