Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

It would be so cool if the football zombie would always out-run the players, and instead of stunning you he'd give you a good old hip tackle and pin you to the floor, like a "special move".

But judging from the rest of the zombies, he might not have the intelligence left to understand a move like that. LOL

One difference I’m thinking is not standing too close to the edge of your rooftop if there is any chance of a zombie reaching you. The current stun would leave you on the roof. A grab and pull, however...

And add to that a shove and suddenly holes in floors become a lot more dangerous with zombies around (especially in taller POIs).

- - - Updated - - -

It would be so cool if the football zombie would always out-run the players, and instead of stunning you he'd give you a good old hip tackle and pin you to the floor, like a "special move".

But judging from the rest of the zombies, he might not have the intelligence left to understand a move like that. LOL

Or hit the player and ragdoll them. Imagine your point of view swirling through the air after impact. Some people would be spewing chunks onto their keyboards.

Yes, I thought it was doing some hit moving from memory, since I have not played A16 in ages, but in code it was specifically stopping movement when attacking. It was probably just restarting pathing right away, so it did not feel like much of a stop.

Now it does not stop movement on attack. Movement stops when in movement range and attacking starts when in attack range and both have motion estimation, so it makes better choices based on moving toward, away, same or sideways from each others positions.

So will this solve what I call a bug/hack/glitch where I can walk/run at a zombie with a club and hit and run through the zombie and turn and hit again? this lets a level 1 with a level 25 club take down a lot of zombies with no damage to said player.

- - - Updated - - -

@Mah: Not that I’m aware of. That would be cool.

well we have that with stun affect. still a zombie breaking your arm like they can a leg would be interesting - need to splint the arm and can now only use single handed weapons (hand guns, knife, etc.)

Not presumably...definitely. Also they take swipes at you when standing up. I was used to walking up to prone sleepers to bash them a couple times before they could stand up and same thing when knocking them down. It’s no longer 100% safe to do that. They can reach out and take a swipe at you before they are back on their feet.

I just hope that the range is right. Like at Arm's length.

- - - Updated - - -

DfCLzepXkAEx2Mr.jpg

DfCLzfsX4AICIL0.jpg

DfCLzftX0AAEWR3.jpg

I hope that Madmole will show the new water in his next video.

While water looks better. It seems more like a flat sheet of glass than water.

And I'll keep hoping that football players don't find out where I live.

@Gazz. you have a caliper in your profile image and it makes me wonder why we don't have a caliper in game vs. a tool and die set. a tool and die set is for making bolts (normally) and caliper is for precision measurement yet there are no bolts in game and just mech/electrical/electronic parts.

So I think a Caliper is more in line with what we should have.

The new vehicles, will there be a deterrent against the clipping some people get? I.E. Accidentally ramming into rocks, the road disappearing into grass, or getting stuck in the water which was totally 100 blocks away from the road and just magically appeared to engulf the bike.

You can't get stuck in water anymore, since vehicles will still move slowly through the water.

For most of A16.4, I completely stopped collecting feathers as a waste of time.

A17 might change me back to ranged combat again and I might keep melee for close quarters fighting in POV's.

We'll see just how fast those Zombos (my new name for the smarter Zombies) are.

wait so I can ride my minibike underwater in A17? can we get air tanks so we can also breath or fish bowls (Sandy from sponge bob)

You can, but you would probably swim faster. It is slowwwww...

Most people never see trees that big up close. Unless you live in places like Washington state or in Canada.

Just looking at that photo makes me feel very small.

Yeah it's true that trees in Washington/Oregon are much larger than trees in Arizona / the 7 Days universe, but even Arizona has trees that are roughly as tall as those depicted in the screenshot in question.

Like look at this photo and compare it to the new 7 Days trees, not that much different!

34508934140_e857acd4ca_b-700x467.jpg

Ddw58MPVMAAJiyQ.jpg

Verified Arizona forest - http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/arizona/az-hidden-hiking-trail/

I'm going to have to see the trees on my own monitor to make sure. Someone grant me a 10 day access to A17 so I can do some scientific research on those trees.

After 10 days, I might need an extension of 10 more days to examine shrubberies.

I'm going to have to see the trees on my own monitor to make sure. Someone grant me a 10 day access to A17 so I can do some scientific research on those trees.

After 10 days, I might need an extension of 10 more days to examine shrubberies.

Going to need to load up multiplayer so we can do accurate height estimation

Your absolutely right. I believe the entire forum of professional players are also serious... serious testers.

OK Roland, you set up the server for 30 day access, at lease and we will do extensive scientific testing.

-We need cloud counters.

-Expert swimmers that are not afraid of this very realistic water.

-The tree and shrubbery team that everyone just talked about.

I feel like I'm missing something...

I found some lovely shrubs over here, right next to that lovely filth (did they redo the way dirt looks too?).

This reminds me of a gamer I knew who played the entire game of Skyrim through without ever running, and instead walking everywhere, because the game was just too pretty to run through.

Don't forget length. Uhhhhhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh.

Archived