Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Greetings!

I am thrilled with the progress so far and I await the eventual release of the A17 Titan Kraken!

If I can, a question - Are You guys planning to rehaul/rework/remake the weapon system in the future alphas (Attachments and mods are all right), but seeing as You worked on games like DOOM 3 and Duke Nukem the current gunplay of the game is... lackluster. examples : The infamous 2 shell shotgun reload and a lack of balistics, effects, particles are a detriment to the awesomeness of the overall game. If the game is Rust-ifying why not Rust-ify the gunplay. Anyways love You guys - keep up the amazing work.

Still waiting for the repeating rifles. ;)

"My Ladies of the Night called him that as he was their best customer". -Madam, Marianne LeSoleil Levant.

Edit: If you need more information. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sB3Fjw3Uvc&list=RDvt1Pwfnh5pc&index=11

Roland can sing, I give him that!

Last coherent words of Roland "Zip" Moderator. "Mama told me not to come! She said: 'That ain't the way to fun, son!'"

damn i need a drink now

Greetings!

I am thrilled with the progress so far and I await the eventual release of the A17 Titan Kraken!

If I can, a question - Are You guys planning to rehaul/rework/remake the weapon system in the future alphas (Attachments and mods are all right), but seeing as You worked on games like DOOM 3 and Duke Nukem the current gunplay of the game is... lackluster. examples : The infamous 2 shell shotgun reload and a lack of balistics, effects, particles are a detriment to the awesomeness of the overall game. If the game is Rust-ifying why not Rust-ify the gunplay. Anyways love You guys - keep up the amazing work.

Still waiting for the repeating rifles. ;)

Greetings ! Yes.

Read first post, it is interesting.

damn i need a drink now

Salma Hayek was deathly afraid of snakes before the scene. She said she put herself into a trance and just went with it. So that shows her character!

George Clooney wanted her to look at him during the scene, but Quentin Tarantino wrote it and was said to have talked her into doing the dance with a snake. So maybe she was looking at him for confidence?

But yeah, hottest scene in any movie IMO. :)

Good thing its friday then...

Partay... Woohooo

yup. kids fed. dishes done.

alternating betwixt whiskey and soda water.

tv crap so music care of spotify. boom boom by bass mechanic to kick it off.

chin chin old boy!

besy of all - one kid has a bye and the other starts 10.40 so NO ALARM ON A SATURDAY!!!!

domestic bliss :-)

"My Ladies of the Night called him that as he was their best customer". -Madam, Marianne LeSoleil Levant.

Edit: If you need more information. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sB3Fjw3Uvc&list=RDvt1Pwfnh5pc&index=11

Roland can sing, I give him that!

Salma Hayek was deathly afraid of snakes before the scene. She said she put herself into a trance and just went with it. So that shows her character!

George Clooney want her to look at him during the scene, but Quentin Tarantino wrote it and was said to have talked her into doing the dance with a snake. So maybe she was looking at him for confidence?

gosh. all i wuz thinking woz i wanted her foot in MY mouth.

im a simple - no , basic man really...

So presumably it's harder to do the "step in - attack - step out" sequence...

In A16 it's pretty predictable when zombies attack and with little practivce it's easy to avoid it.

It might be more like fencing now: Feint attack -> Draw out zombies attack -> Move in for the kill.

Maybe making large hordes more difficult to clear.

We shall see. :)

Here I am... Excited.. Reading.

I'm a little timid about that jeep, considering the motorbike and I do not get along. But considering the possibilities with the jeep im sure the pros will outweigh the cons.

Not sure if the question has been asked, (since I sorta skimmed a thousand plus pages...) The new vehicles, will there be a deterrent against the clipping some people get? I.E. Accidentally ramming into rocks, the road disappearing into grass, or getting stuck in the water which was totally 100 blocks away from the road and just magically appeared to engulf the bike. >_>

EDIT: I do understand that the clipping issue happens with latency and crappy connection/computer but sometimes it could be lag from servers. MP wise. SP I'm fine.

Tell me again why Joel doesn't post here much anymore?

I don't know. Do you?

I remember distinctly MM mentioning during the development of A14 or A15 that he doesn't care in the least what other people think of what he creates (in terms of videos). That he's not the least bit affected by these negative opinions. That was after someone got critical on one of his videos (wasn't me though).

If he got fed up with newcomers asking time and time again for a release date; I can't blame the guy for not being active on these forums anymore. I mean, that, and the fact that people usually go under the 'I got nothing good to say so I'll just be critical' agenda.

Madmole has also been working quite a lot and hard on the game. I think that is one of the reasons why he hasn`t posted so much.

Another one could also be that whenever he showed WIP features people would complain about them and state what was wrong with them when the feature was still WIP. I could see how that got annoying.

That is just my 2 rappen.

Have you ever... seen a tree?

BigBottomBobHolmstrom.jpg

Also people don't really talk about "perspective" like that in the context of 3d games. Generally it refers to 2d drawings that simulate 3d space. To say that the perspective is wrong in a 3d engine is to say the entire engine isn't rendering space itself correctly, which would more than likely just be a wonky FOV setting.

Most people never see trees that big up close. Unless you live in places like Washington state or in Canada.

Just looking at that photo makes me feel very small.

So presumably it's harder to do the "step in - attack - step out" sequence...

In A16 it's pretty predictable when zombies attack and with little practivce it's easy to avoid it.

Not presumably...definitely. Also they take swipes at you when standing up. I was used to walking up to prone sleepers to bash them a couple times before they could stand up and same thing when knocking them down. It’s no longer 100% safe to do that. They can reach out and take a swipe at you before they are back on their feet.

Not presumably...definitely. Also they take swipes at you when standing up. I was used to walking up to prime sleepers to bash them a couple times before they could stand up and same thing when knocking them down. It’s no longer 100% safe to do that. They can reach out and take a swipe at you before they are back on their feet.

Are they working on a way to have the zombies grab you? Maybe add a snare effect that just slows you down for 3 seconds or something. That would make it a lot more dangerous to charge into a POI with sleepers.

Most people never see trees that big up close. Unless you live in places like Washington state or in Candida.

Just looking at that photo makes me feel very small.

Ah yes... America is the only country in the world...

Oh wait, there are other places too...

(Just messing)

Are they working on a way to have the zombies grab you? Maybe add a snare effect that just slows you down for 3 seconds or something. That would make it a lot more dangerous to charge into a POI with sleepers.

And what would be the difference to the stun effect that is already in? If they can grab you they also can hit you, with basically the same effect.

A nice idea.

You could get a pretty good grabbing effect with a combination of mecanim, target matching, and IK chains without too much overhead.

There could even be a special Zambie (Like KF clots) whose special ability is touching You inappropriately while more hard hitting boys come to town.

And what would be the difference to the stun effect that is already in? If they can grab you they also can hit you, with basically the same effect.

One difference I’m thinking is not standing too close to the edge of your rooftop if there is any chance of a zombie reaching you. The current stun would leave you on the roof. A grab and pull, however...

You'd be completely immobilized instead of slowed down. You _must_ kill the zombie grabbing you or prepare to fight from a stationary position. Mobility is one of the advantages the player has over the zombies.

Archived