Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

faatal,

The tried and true yo-yo action of getting a zombie between two players and each alternating attacks can be fun but its also predictable and simplistic.

I went ahead and made a simple change to this since I was fixing a related bug with hitting enemies returning home.

Some new stuff:

Added: AI 66% chance to ignore revenge target.

Added: AI can attack while moving, independent attack and move range checks, and target motion estimation.

WOW, the graphics looks amazing and after thinking about the AI, the "target motion estimation" sounds very dangerous for a wild melee player like me!

(EDIT: For example my running at them at night and getting a easy melee kill might be over! )

I'm getting chills thinking of an actually dangerous 7D2D!

Dang Roland! That was some awesome testing there, thanks buddy.

Aloha Bitches!!

Coughs* VIDEO * Coughs

last video is around a month back. What's with this video obsession here? I guess some of the video-criers here will complain about the new experimental then, because they have seen it all.

I might have a different pov, since I wasn't with 7days from the very beginning, but compared to other communities, this board has an unhealthy video obsession. And if a video like the last one is realeased, people complain because there is little new stuff in it. And a week later they cry for another video.

I don't want to have a go at you here, please don't get me wrong, I just am irritated by this video-video-video on here. I prefer if time is invested into the game which I can explore than instead of videos.

Any chance that we could see the dense, thin-stalked, leafless forests like those on the game's title screen and the forum background?

The burnt forest / wasteland used to be like that. They keep changing all of the biomes though.

I went ahead and made a simple change to this since I was fixing a related bug with hitting enemies returning home.

Some new stuff:

Added: AI 66% chance to ignore revenge target.

Added: AI can attack while moving, independent attack and move range checks, and target motion estimation.

Sweet! This randomness is sure to catch some unwitting players who don't follow the development by surprise when they get A17. And just wait until someone shoots a zombie expecting it to turn around and start walking back to them but instead it surges forward to eat the face of their friend. For me, it will definitely make me more wary around zombies that I know have targeted another player which is a great thing. Being comfortable in what you know is guaranteed zombie behavior goes against survival horror. Can't wait until you eventually work randomness into other behaviors as well. Bravo!

The burnt forest / wasteland used to be like that. They keep changing all of the biomes though.

Joel will continue to tinker with the biomes and the lighting until the end of time. That's the artist in him...

looks like i need to spec up my pc...

i got stuff turned down for playability - im on the raggedy edge of being able to even participate.

but worth it - soooo worth it.

joel and the pimps - this has been an extaordinary ride - thank you so much

- - - Updated - - -

oo oo oo!

diablo themed mod!!! hell yeah!

As long as the game needs 12 gb Ram or more and take up to 90% of CPU performance my GTX 1080 will not event notice that there is a game running.. hope the performance improvements are as good as I hope!!

Screenshots look great with the new water. Give A17 experimental please :fat:

Hey Roland, not sure if you'll see this, but I'm wondering if you guys are accepting testers for Alpha 17 right now? And if so, what would the sign-up process be like?

Roland I will use the "Twelve steps to perfect A17 testing"... that I just developed... for this sacred occasion.

***At Al's Marina and Burrito Bar -n- Grill, we take testing very seriously. Why that Burrito you just ate was part of our testing process! ***

Water looks very realistic!!

I held up my glass of water next to my monitor, I couldn't tell the difference.

Then I tried to drink my monitor, and that gave me some problems.

But really :) Great job you guys, A17 looks visually much, much better.

Hey Roland, not sure if you'll see this, but I'm wondering if you guys are accepting testers for Alpha 17 right now? And if so, what would the sign-up process be like?

always but its a first come first serve basis... you must be standing in the check out line at steam when a17 experimental is released (no date set) and there is only a limited amount of copies going out (no number set).

enjoy and good luck :)

Maybe we can give the Water a Health Bar to make sure Players are not licking their Monitors :p

Haha, well in 7D2D's defense, they make a realistic looking world.

(Hi, btw, I'm player eZ from your server :p)

MM on Twitter :Our new GFX programmers smashed the water issues with Unity 2017-18, and improved performance 50%. Also near objects do not take over the reflections!

Love to hear in what sense performance is improve and what Issue is solved. Seems like you make water swim able, are boats near ?

Archived