Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Not sure if this is the original artist but I think it was the post that had the pic. I also think there is at least one other pic out there by same person.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?84096-A17-Where-are-you&p=816011&viewfull=1#post816011

This thread has several examples of his artwork

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?67025-Community-driven-background-pack

How about once you've hit a Zombie and engaged it in combat, you can see the HP bar but not until that pre-req has been fulfilled. Which, mind you, every website that bothers with 7 Days To Die is stating will be the way the HP bar is being handled.

Should you engage a new zombie, you will have to whack the old zombie again to see its HP bar.

That does not render sleepers hiding in the dark useless. You can't scan an area for zombies. You can't even see the HP bar of previously engaged (but later disengaged) Zeds HP bar.

Now, Ima tell you a not-so-secret secret. It's okay to not like something with the information you had, but once you are properly informed it is totally okay to have a change of opinion. It doesn't make you any less of a human!

I wouldn't like to scan an area for Zombies by HP bar, but I also knew from the get-go (because those websites relaying patch information) that it wouldn't be how it's done. So I do happen to like it :). You probably will too.

Fair point on the sleepers but that still removes the threat of not knowing for certain the zombie you just knocked to the floor is dead... or more dead than it was... deaderer?

Download a car? Like for a 3D printer?

I'd doubt the viability of that. =P

You can download and print the individual parts. It would need one hell of a printer to be able to produce the body. And who knows if the parts you 3D printed would be able to hold up to the heat inside an engine. I'm sure someone is out there trying to do it.

Edit: check this out

Download a car? Like for a 3D printer?

I'd doubt the viability of that. =P

Given the amount of 3d printed parts you can do these days, 35% of an aircraft engine last I checked, I'm pretty sure it's actually possible to print an engine block and pistons which woud be the hardest parts to do. I doubt you're going to have such capabilities in the home for quite some time yet though. :-)

Sorry friend but the World Cup ENDS July 15. It STARTS on June 14. Next week. So adjust your DVR....:crushed:

OMG! Well my amazing, "Convince TFP for an early release", is down the toilet as well as now everyone knows I dont know anything about the World Cup!

I had to ask my wife who seems to know everything. According to her, there are over 80,000 Americans coming to Russia to watch the games as well as about 2 million fans around the world.

Sounds like someone's had fun with shaders :-)

I was hoping it would be a use of the job system but hey, one step at a time.

I'm curious if this would have a positive effect on that issue where when it's foggy and you look at a body of water it appears very dark in contrast to the rest of your surroundings.

gah! impatiently waiting for 3rd weekend of july.. at least bug testing in experimental will give me something to do. but remember, it will be experimental so don't get attached to your worlds.

I'm not even attached to the real world. Waiting that reset.

I'm curious if this would have a positive effect on that issue where when it's foggy and you look at a body of water it appears very dark in contrast to the rest of your surroundings.

You're probably (hopefuly) looking at the first implementation of the unity 2018 shader system. You know, vulkan, the new srp... that sort of thing.

Looks great, but have worked on the swimming part of it?

There was always graphical transition issues when submerging as well as other small things. Probably on the polishing list.

This is probably a petty question but will the UI in the last images be worked on in A17? The health/stamina color hue never looked quite right in how it sat in the picture(regardless of transparency). A15 with the old style UI had some sort of filter over it. There are some great mods around that improve this experience https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/63 This one only improves the tool belt but its a step in the right direction(doesn't improve the colors but the split boxes look neat). I guess I can keep downloading them after a release.

If they found a way to do this with longer distances/distant rendering, and at a reasonably low performance hit that would be so awesome. Although I would probably get jumped and killed by zombies while admiring the skylines at night :biggrin1:

No, you would get used to it and not be jumped. But still like it though. :)

Welcome to the forums.

- - - Updated - - -

It's also okay to be offended. =)

I'm offended by that. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Thanks for the update Roland and Madmole. :)

The water looks nice. Looking forward to hearing more on it soon.

Archived