Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Guest Rassilon
Haha, well in 7D2D's defense, they make a realistic looking world.

(Hi, btw, I'm player eZ from your server :p)

Was mocking the Discussion with the Healthbar, not the Healthbar or water itself ( Water looks awesome )

(And Hi back ^^ )

- - - Updated - - -

MM on Twitter :Our new GFX programmers smashed the water issues with Unity 2017-18, and improved performance 50%. Also near objects do not take over the reflections!

Love to hear in what sense performance is improve and what Issue is solved. Seems like you make water swim able, are boats near ?

I do think that the Water update might be very high on the To-Do List, since they want to come closer to a Release now, so maybe with A18.

I understand Water update is not high, and I never ask for it :). I am asking what exactly Madmole mean when he post it on twitter. water looks great (but not for me as I never play with shadow open for FPS), but he says performance improvement. Does it mean now I Can play with Water fully on with same or 5-10% FPS drop as compare to when water not fully one/reflective ?

Let's just assume the The Graphics Guys know what they are doing and are familiar with concepts like LOD for displaying distant things in games. ;)

Don't take this the wrong way. I do realise that players care about the game when they point out such things... but so do we.

I'm sure the devs know what they are doing, i'm just asking about info :-)

Guys thanks for sharing MadMole's update here!

I still don't get why he prefers using twitter instead of the dev diary though... does he think he will reach a bigger audience?

Twitter is just good for this kind of info. Questions will be asked here if he shares it in the forum and it floods a lot.

Guys thanks for sharing MadMole's update here!

I still don't get why he prefers using twitter instead of the dev diary though... does he think he will reach a bigger audience?

It's like MM said himself:

I don't always post here because you guys beat me to it most the time anyway. I actually logged in to post the news but by the time I got to it, someone did beat me to it.

I would love if somebody would start giving some information about character building and RPG stuff. Roland, can you poke some dev's about that?

Also, is there gonna be any new buffs in A17 or do we initially get the old ones with the new system and have to wait for beta for cool variety?

Hey Roland, not sure if you'll see this, but I'm wondering if you guys are accepting testers for Alpha 17 right now? And if so, what would the sign-up process be like?

I’d say your best bet is to distinguish yourself during experimental by turning in exemplary bug reports. There’s no greater endorsement than the internal quality team telling the owners, “We could use that NeddyTheNoodle guy on the team.”

Also turn in an application. http://thefunpimps.com/jobs/

I went ahead and made a simple change to this since I was fixing a related bug with hitting enemies returning home.

Some new stuff:

Added: AI 66% chance to ignore revenge target.

Added: AI can attack while moving, independent attack and move range checks, and target motion estimation.

"attack while moving". This will heavily change the balance, many zombies will be deadly now if they can reach you. The skill level to successfully melee will go up and there will be some balancing necessary to make melee viable for normal players again. Or it will be relegated to emergency weapon for most players. Interesting times indeed. :fat:

Also, is there gonna be any new buffs in A17 or do we initially get the old ones with the new system and have to wait for beta for cool variety?

Old ones (source Roland I think)

"Water is wet"

Caption Obvious

A great philosopher, that Captain. Must be a general by now, his wisdom is legendary. :smile-new:

Twitter is just good for this kind of info.

What does that mean? :)

It's like MM said himself:

"I don't always post here because you guys beat me to it most the time anyway. I actually logged in to post the news but by the time I got to it, someone did beat me to it."

That does not answer this question: why post on twitter in the first place? If you post on dev diary first, nobody is gonna beat nobody

That does not answer this question: why post on twitter in the first place? If you post on dev diary first, nobody is gonna beat nobody

I don't think this is an issue you still got the information coz i posted it here for you :) you're welcome.

"attack while moving". This will heavily change the balance, many zombies will be deadly now if they can reach you. The skill level to successfully melee will go up and there will be some balancing necessary to make melee viable for normal players again. Or it will be relegated to emergency weapon for most players. Interesting times indeed. :fat:

With the dearth of brass, it will be interesting times. "Do I spend my precious ammo or risk getting hit?" I think it's great. The more often that players have to make difficult choices, the better.

As Most everyone here already has the game, posting on Twitter is a good business move.

I know a few posted they don't believe money is important to TFP for some reason, but someone HAS to focus on that as there are just too many working at TFP now for anyone to disregard money.

Perhaps they were some of the thousands of people who have pirated the game and want to convince themselves that its not hurting anyone.

That moment when she realizes she is just one of several girlfriends...

Archived