Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I tried to search to see if it was was but could not see such.

So by chance will there be any option of resetting you skill/perks say hard quest line to do so or even just 80k coins or something.

CrazyDave66

*member of the Afternight.com community

So by chance will there be any option of resetting you skill/perks say hard quest line to do so or even just 80k coins or something.

CrazyDave66

Just ask a team mate to left click Hammer on your head.

I think he means to re-get the points in order to respec.

Like dark souls with a soul vessel? That would be a neat concept, especially if you realized you made a mistake and should have researched steel making BEFORE you wasted all your points on pistol upgrades. However, with a little planning (and reading) you can avoid that and get what you need before you run out of levels. Though if they do implement a class system and there's lots of things to keep players busy for a while and they don't want to restart all the time, that would be a useful option.

Kinda like your average college student who switches majors every semester before settling on 'fine arts'.

Maybe this is an A18+ if not a Part 2 most likely. But what if there is something more outside of our little "safe" box of sand?

For example, in fallout 4, the player had a little box of sand to play with. But some game designers made is so Fallout 4 became a war game!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24446[/ATTACH]

Looking at the world of FO4 from this scope, gives players, modders and the devs something more to think about! :)

Sorry I downloaded the wrong file initially. My German panzer division drove to the pacific in that game :)

CrazyDave66

Indeed, if the new skill system do not allow you to unlock all skills, this would come in handy.

Almost one year for a new alpha despite a significant growth in the team, no video in 3 weeks, I'm surprised to have returned to the forum for a quick look at this stagnant hole to find people still here lol

Stagnant water attracts frogs and toads, right? :)

Yeah it's getting a bit frustrating to be honest. I married a few days before A16 experimental was released, and my wife and I will have our first anniversary soon!

Progress Update

Current build: A17 b62

faatal continues to work on AI

prime is getting close to being done with quests

madmole is working on textures, art, and fulfilling kickstarter promises...

gazz is working on blocks, xmls, and balancing

kinyajuu is working on terrain generation

The Fun Pimp and his team are level designing POI's

Others are working hard on the weapon mods and various other projects

The QA team have started putting the new AI through its paces.

Lots of things are coming together and everyone is working busily to get A17 out as quickly as possible.

Thanks for the update!

Did I ever tell you that math was not my least favorite topic in school? :)

Hey Roland, just out of curiosity did anyone on the team find or fix what was causing lag with the farming? I know it is something they are aware of and im just curious, i hope they added more skills for someone like me that loves resource gathering as well as looting and searching, like a skill that when it is maxed out say out of 10 levels you would have a 5-10% chance to find legendary loot like tazas stone axe, i cant wait to find more stuff like that, imagine finding the dukes revolver, or even something like madmoles muscle shirt, add in special items one related to each fun pimp, each with different mods attatched that you cannot remove ever, it would be awesome, just a thought, like if we found say Rolands Buisness Suit - Gives player extra 10% harvest boost from mining but increases zombie threat if worn for too long something like that, what do you think? Could even call it Rolands Teacher Jacket

Hey Roland, just out of curiosity did anyone on the team find or fix what was causing lag with the farming? I know it is something they are aware of and im just curious, i hope they added more skills for someone like me that loves resource gathering as well as looting and searching, like a skill that when it is maxed out say out of 10 levels you would have a 5-10% chance to find legendary loot like tazas stone axe, i cant wait to find more stuff like that, imagine finding the dukes revolver, or even something like madmoles muscle shirt, add in special items one related to each fun pimp, each with different mods attatched that you cannot remove ever, it would be awesome, just a thought, like if we found say Rolands Buisness Suit - Gives player extra 10% harvest boost from mining but increases zombie threat if worn for too long something like that, what do you think? Could even call it Rolands Teacher Jacket

That is one long-ass sentence! :D

im pretty sure WE have to go to the bandits, and THEY will give us ammo as drop. maybe rename them as survivors

Heh....The way you describe using them as ammo sources would make them the opposite of survivors. maybe rename them as victims...

my main point was they are probably wond be 100% bandits. the name was just an example

@GAZZ since you are working on balancing, could you please let us put more gas in power tools? like chainsaws and augers. It is very annoying that every 30 seconds you have to refuel. It also doesn't make sense from a gameplay perspective and it is not even realistic.

I wonder if you guys or the devs are aware of the bug that caused massive lag when you were near solar panels that you placed down and if it's being fixed for A17 because I really liked free electricity, just not the lag though :rapture:

Guest Rassilon
Progress Update

Current build: A17 b62

faatal continues to work on AI

prime is getting close to being done with quests

madmole is working on textures, art, and fulfilling kickstarter promises...

kinyajuu is working on terrain generation

The Fun Pimp and his team are level designing POI's

Others are working hard on the weapon mods and various other projects

The QA team have started putting the new AI through its paces.

Lots of things are coming together and everyone is working busily to get A17 out as quickly as possible.

Thank you for the Update, very appriciated !

can anybody tell me why in mods modded zombies are so bad they move weird slow, almost no animations. its because of limitations or lazy modders?

As far as I know the current animation system in 7dtd is hard to mod, as opposed to the modders being lazy. This has been improved/fixed with the animation overhaul for A17.

So I'm curious about the stamina system. Currently if you do something like eat meat stew with high food (80+%) you see your food pinned to 100% for a long period of time. Is this a feature that is intended as some sort of "Well fed" effect? And to add to that question, will said effect/bug cause conflict with this max health/stamina cap?

Essentially does food decay over 100% reduce max stam/health or will it only drain once you're under 100%? If it doesn't drain only under 100% I see issues with not being able to restore to your max values for long periods of time. I enjoy the double meat stew filling me enough to allow me to keep focus for some two days without the need to eat again (60 minute days). If this cripples me it'll be more just a burden than a useful effect and seems rather counter intuitive.

I wonder if you guys or the devs are aware of the bug that caused massive lag when you were near solar panels that you placed down and if it's being fixed for A17 because I really liked free electricity, just not the lag though :rapture:

Hmmm, I haven't noticed this problem. I'll go and start a new game to investigate!

im pretty sure WE have to go to the bandits, and THEY will give us ammo as drop. maybe rename them as survivors

my main point was they are probably wond be 100% bandits. the name was just an example

Well, thanks for clearing that up!

So, with the fist iteration of bandits, it's not going to be feature complete similar to first iteration of distant terrain, where there was no buildings and trees???

I'd say that's a pretty good guess.

/sarcasm

Archived