Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

im pretty sure WE have to go to the bandits, and THEY will give us ammo as drop. maybe rename them as survivors

my main point was they are probably wond be 100% bandits. the name was just an example

Oh. I read it like this: I’m pretty sure we have to go to the bandits and they will give us ammo AS A DROP.

The only time mobs drop anything in this game is when they’ve been killed which is why I joked they should be called victims instead of survivors...as in victims of you killing them to get their ammo drop.

My main point was that I was joking...

@GAZZ since you are working on balancing, could you please let us put more gas in power tools? like chainsaws and augers. It is very annoying that every 30 seconds you have to refuel. It also doesn't make sense from a gameplay perspective and it is not even realistic.

*ahem60minutedayscough*

@GAZZ since you are working on balancing, could you please let us put more gas in power tools? like chainsaws and augers. It is very annoying that every 30 seconds you have to refuel. It also doesn't make sense from a gameplay perspective and it is not even realistic.

Yes, because the amount of trees you can cut down and or the amount of rock you can mine on one tank of gas is totally realistic.

Yes, because the amount of trees you can cut down and or the amount of rock you can mine on one tank of gas is totally realistic.

Since their focus is on fun gameplay, it's fine that those things are not realistic. However extra small fuel tanks are the opposite of fun..

PS congrats on being the first to make a joke about realism in this forum!

Since their focus is on fun gameplay, it's fine that those things are not realistic. However extra small fuel tanks are the opposite of fun..

PS congrats on being the first to make a joke about realism in this forum!

Then why even mention realistic, if your concern is the fun element?

On the fun issue I have no problem with them being 500 units. This game needs to balance the power of these items. Giving them 2000 unit gas tanks would only make them more unbalanced and game breaking.

Once you have an auger and chain saw resources are no longer an issue and that (to me) takes the fun out of the game.

So what is fun is entirely upon your perspective and game play style. If you want bigger gas tanks find it in the .xml and increase it.

(assuming it is in there)

P.S. to your P.S.: Not the first, just the most recent.

Once you have an auger and chain saw resources are no longer an issue and that (to me) takes the fun out of the game.

hours of mining with steel pickaxe is fun? its more fun to dig around with an auger. if thats issue for you then dont use them

hours of mining with steel pickaxe is fun? its more fun to dig around with an auger

This is only my opinion and, as such, not worth very much to others, but yes. The context here is that I do not tend to play much further than day 60 at most.

For me it is the 'struggle' of getting up and going, gathering resources, getting skills, building the base. That is fun.

Once I have become self sufficient, with farming and the base is 'done', then I tend to restart and do it again.

hours of mining with steel pickaxe is fun? its more fun to dig around with an auger. if thats issue for you then dont use them

If digging with steel is not fun, and the auger is not fun(because of the small fuel tank), then just spawn stuff in with creative. That is exactly the same argument you just used.

Auger and Chainsaw that could run half the game day on one tank of gas is completely unbalanced. The fuel tank is the only thing that even remotely keeps them inline with how much you should be able to harvest.

Greetings from Portugal Mr. Mad Mole and Team,

Is the buggy 4wd for two players, one who drives and one on the back, with new armour upgradable with a mini gun or smg ( smg turret mechanics) attached on the roof on will arrive only on 7 days to die alpha 19 ?

Also since you confirm the camouflage system with new 3 modes, zombies obviously will be more smarter and the player will have the swiming suit, the new lantern ( on the last video on the right side of the hole of that entrance, above the drawer ) to explore the ship sinked underwater ?

Keep up the good work

Hmmm, I haven't noticed this problem. I'll go and start a new game to investigate!

well it felt like massive lag to me because my fps would drop significantly, a good 20-30 fps and even my friend who had a 1060 said his frames dropped whenever he was near our solar panels although obviously not as much as me since I had a 950 at that time but we ended up destroying it.

Greetings from Portugal Mr. Mad Mole and Team,

Is the buggy 4wd for two players, one who drives and one on the back, with new armour upgradable with a mini gun or smg ( smg turret mechanics) attached on the roof on will arrive only on 7 days to die alpha 19 ?

Also since you confirm the camouflage system with new 3 modes, zombies obviously will be more smarter and the player will have the swiming suit, the new lantern ( on the last video on the right side of the hole of that entrance, above the drawer ) to explore the ship sinked underwater ?

Keep up the good work

There is some kind of language gap going on here. Let me be as plain as I can be for you:

1) The jeep will be for one driver and one passenger who sits in the passenger seat.

2) Nothing is going to be mounted on the back and nobody is going to ride back there.

3) I have no idea what you mean by 3 modes of the "camouflage system". I'd say that maybe there is a translation error here but there aren't 3 modes of anything that I can think of except speed of foot movement now...

4) There is no swimming suit if by that you mean scuba gear and a wet suit. If you mean swimming trunks, well, there isn't that either. In fact, there isn't even swimming until they fix the animations and so far...not yet.

5) That lantern is decoration. It can be destroyed but it isn't an item to pick up and use as far as I know.

6) There are no underwater ships, or decorations, or...anything but bare dirt or annoyingly that pesky airdrop crate that lands too deep to claim.

Suddenly I had a vision, that by the time we reach the page 1918 or 1921 in this thread (this is not too clear in my vision), Alpha 17 will reach the stage in which regular players will be able to test it. 768 pages to go, you all better type fast lol.

Question about looting process containers.

I suggest that for the search it was necessary to hold the "E" button, and not just to press and wait! Sometimes it happens, during the search come zombies and not immediately you can have time to press the cancel button. What do you think of it?

Archived