Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Would have been better if I hadnt said “dearh”

Probably something to do with being out late drinking and not getting enough sleep.

Then again, probably wouldn’t have come up with it at all if I wasn’t exhausted and hung over

I get that you are trying to be funny. But on pve there are certain designs that are achivable under 2 hours even from just wood and there you go zombies are done. As for being fully geared maybe 2 real days. You might have no ideea about some approaches towards the game since probably you play pve. But playing pvp pushes you to find efficient ways of dealing with the zombies/leveling/and gearing up.

Which not the point of the game.

Paged back a few pages and didn't see a complaint about the long wait for A17......*insert complaint here**

They say patience is a virtue. If so, then I guess waiting for A17 is making us pretty virtuous. Lol.

When you are over level 200... Full 600 gear.. all skills maxed out..

You are basically God compared to new players.. and I can have some fun from that ;)

However I also like coop interactions sometimes

That is not true, as lvl 15 i killed for example a 200 guy maxed out, with a hunting rifle. a headshot is headshot now.

My first experience few years ago with pvp on 7dtd server was awfull. Nothing like you described at all. Fully geared up/armored veterans (even in teams) making a sport out of rekting newbies who just joined the server. Even waiting on respawn point to have a few more laughs while rekting them over and over again. Tried 4 different servers. All the same. That was the last time i ever even thought about playing this game in pvp again. So many idiots with a small d*ick problem that it wasnt even funny anymore. From there i went pve only. Never regretted it one bit. At least they know what "real" fun should be like.

Cheers

Well obviously any survival is not "noob friendly". in the last 2-3 alphas i got killed maybe twice at best while i was low level and did not want to fight. You have to accept that some are better than you especialy when you are not just new to the server but new to the pvp and have no ideea of tactics that can keep you alive, so you gotta learn it the hard way. Your whole awful experience was just because you didnt give enough time to learn to play. i cant say it happened to me on 7dtd cause i started from a1, but for sure on other games i got rekt over and over and over... and i just learned until i could hold my ground one way or another. For example every single time im joining an old server (thats preety comon cause most of time i go from server to server to hunt top players) i go away at map border (usualy set around 10k). i dont build almost anything neither waste time, i just power level prioritize pvp skills and get gear. After im above 100 at least i start thinking about a base, since doing that before is a total waste of time and you cant really defend it anyway. Even after im having hidden stashes and i just hoard stuff almost every time then after i have all the materials, and if im with somone else we just rush a base in like few real life hours. Full reinforced concrete. So overnight we get a full defensive base that we can slowly improve after. Or the poplar "tower design" that uses a square hole to the bedrock, instead of digging that we dig it from bottom to top and when we reach top we allready build meanwhile and as soon as it gets uncovered we just keep building so there is no weakness.

I like some aspects of the way some games like Lineage 2 for example handled pvp. I wouldn't suggest this exact system, but elements could be taken from it: When one player hit another, there would be an indicator that he has entered into pvp, such as their name changing colors. The victim of the attack would only get a pvp indicator when they strike back, or strike another player. If a player is killed who has not entered into pvp, by remaining passive, the killer is flagged with a different indicator, a red name for example. A player who is flagged red is permanently flagged for pvp (unless later circumstances have been met), and if that player dies or is killed, they have a greater chance of losing something valuable possibly as a reward to the other player.

lol what? more than 3 weeks since last video update ?

Honestly that's encouraging, maybe we'll get to see some shiny new AI/pathing. (when it's ready of course)

Personally, I want a tour of that ♥♥♥♥ shack

*poop shack

I bet it's nothing crazy. They could just be about done and are stitching all the pieces together and doing in-house bug checks. No video, because there's nothing left to show.

That being said I'm still hoping they leave a couple details out and we get surprised during our first experimental play through (come on bandits!)

That is not true, as lvl 15 i killed for example a 200 guy maxed out, with a hunting rifle. a headshot is headshot now.

For example every single time im joining an old server (thats preety comon cause most of time i go from server to server to hunt top players) i go away at map border (usualy set around 10k).

I dont build almost anything neither waste time, i just power level prioritize pvp skills and get gear.

After im above 100 at least i start thinking about a base, since doing that before is a total waste of time and you cant really defend it anyway.

Even after im having hidden stashes and i just hoard stuff almost every time then after i have all the materials, and if im with somone else we just rush a base in like few real life hours. Full reinforced concrete. So overnight we get a full defensive base that we can slowly improve after. Or the poplar "tower design" that uses a square hole to the bedrock, instead of digging that we dig it from bottom to top and when we reach top we allready build meanwhile and as soon as it gets uncovered we just keep building so there is no weakness.

You say, that you don't waste time, but you wasting time just to (power level, prioritize pvp skills, get gear and then rush to build "tower base").

All this work just to humiliate some players (and have fun doing it), that killed you and go on another server to do the same boring and time wasting thing. When you can kill player with lvl 200 with a hunting rifle while you are lvl 15, like you said in your post.

my sense of things is that there was a serious setback of some sort. ofc that is just a hunch. but it would explain some of the unpleasant behavior coming from certain areas.

Explain. I didn't see Roland or one of the developers say unpleasant things. Granted, my memory isn't anything to be proud of.

i'm afraid that would be a violation of the forum rules. us lowly pathetic customers aren't permitted to speak out against our betters. no matter how offensive their behavior becomes.

isn't that right, kin?

Not really, it's not right. Plenty of people have been saying what they thought of freely (while remaining polite, obviously) without consequences. You can do the same. But you're wrong in insinuating that the dev team have said unpleasant things here, anyway, and you seem to just be trying to provoke by saying that you have a hunch that there's a setback.

Jesus, ww. You're just wrong on this one. Sorry homie, it happens.

Re a17, any new updates on sounds, Roland? I've heard a lot of the growls in other media over the years indicating they're paid assets, and it's clear the pimps have been going through those replacing them with their own, so I'm wondering if you've noticed any changes.

i did say that bit was just a hunch. i'll be very clear that i have ZERO proof of it.

btw i didn't say it was happening 'here', nor did i say anyone was saying anything unpleasant. my concern is with behavior, not words. behavior elsewhere. but i've been warned by roland that i can't speak of it here. and i have been...more thoroughly prevented from speaking of it elsewhere. so i won't speak of it.

I'd prefer to move on and discuss stuff that would be more productive for the devs themselves, like throwing out ideas or commenting on actual game content.

Hear, hear. The thing is, hardly any (new) content is presented here, so the discussion here resorts back to the same topics over and over and over.

- - - Updated - - -

Where is madmole? I remember when he was good at staying in touch with his fans! I mean jumping on the forums a few minutes a week cant be that hard can it? I hope there is a new video soon!

Yeah he posted a new picture on Twitter a few days ago if I remember. But on the official forum? Nah.

i did say that bit was just a hunch. i'll be very clear that i have ZERO proof of it.

btw i didn't say it was happening 'here', nor did i say anyone was saying anything unpleasant. my concern is with behavior, not words. behavior elsewhere. but i've been warned by roland that i can't speak of it here. and i have been...more thoroughly prevented from speaking of it elsewhere. so i won't speak of it.

I might have to get my mother interested in the dev diary, she loves soap-operas :-)

Can you at least tell us which particular medium of communication this was done by? The formality of the setting plays a large part in behavior. I doubt many people who write youtube comments would talk to close family members in the same way.

Archived