1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Progress Update

Current build: A17 b62

faatal continues to work on AI

prime is getting close to being done with quests

madmole is working on textures, art, and fulfilling kickstarter promises...

gazz is working on blocks, xmls, and balancing

kinyajuu is working on terrain generation

The Fun Pimp and his team are level designing POI's

Others are working hard on the weapon mods and various other projects

The QA team have started putting the new AI through its paces.

Lots of things are coming together and everyone is working busily to get A17 out as quickly as possible.

Thnx, for the update!

Its good to hear it!

Anyone analyzed the red hp bar and figured out how much in % is left? Seems like the blue bar dings about once in 10 days intervals ish. if im estimating around september/october release that wouldnt been to far off i guess.

Seems reasonable barring any last minute super dramatic critical hit that may or may not be planned if the release somehow comes earlier than September/October....

Im hoping that it dosnt come sooner. id rather them spend longer and making sure everything is perfect first :p

Dont want jeeps to be the new minibike problem on the servers

There is usually first a experimental phase, where you can opt in to play the unstable wonky version and help squish some bugs, before the official stable version is released.

@Roland Now I just wonder if the Red Bar show progress towards stable release, or the experimental release ?

Doesn't seem like much. At least the blue bar is growing again.

So you went from ' didn't move' to ' Doesn't seem like much'.

It is all down to expectations. If your expectations are not in line with what is really happening you will constantly be disappointed.

It is moving quite well and they said it would not be out this summer unless there was a break through and yet people still want the bar to move 2 inches every time it moves.

If you set your expectation for a fall release, like Roland just eluded to, then you should have a much better time with how much the bar is moving.

There is usually first a experimental phase, where you can opt in to play the unstable wonky version and help squish some bugs, before the official stable version is released.

@Roland Now I just wonder if the Red Bar show progress towards stable release, or the experimental release ?

Pretty sure it's referring to the experimental release. Caption is "A17-E releases when the HP Bar Runs Out".

:)

36% REMAINING UNTIL A17 DROPS!!!

That's a 3% completion in about 10 days. If August is their deadline, they are right on target!

Or 120 days and counting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At T-Minus how many days is the Hype Train warmed up? I forgotten everything! :)

Damn, fall release. I hope there's some optimizations in there. Well, it'll give me time to play some Conan.

Yea was hoping earlier also, but it takes the time it takes.

Have seen some cool let's plays for Conan. Looks like an awesome game.

I took Roland's hint to be before September/October; he just used someone else's prediction and said there may or may not be a planned critical hit that would put it sooner than that. I'm willing to bet that whatever feature that needs a breakthrough, will have said breakthrough and we shall have our critical hit. A17-E release: July 23 at 9:17 CST. It will be a sunny day with a slight breeze and be a comfortable 75 degrees...somewhere.

I took Roland's hint to be before September/October; he just used someone else's prediction and said there may or may not be a planned critical hit that would put it sooner than that. I'm willing to bet that whatever feature that needs a breakthrough, will have said breakthrough and we shall have our critical hit. A17-E release: July 23 at 9:17 CST. It will be a sunny day with a slight breeze and be a comfortable 75 degrees...somewhere.

That would be awesome! Would definitely welcome that.

75 degrees in July.....hmm.....San Diego :)

Guys if the red bar signifies anything it signifies "It's done when it's done" There is no way to use the bar to predict when A17 is coming out. Trying to do so is an exercise in futility.

So why have it? Because I think everyone should get out there and exercise their futility muscles more.

Guys if the red bar signifies anything it signifies "It's done when it's done" There is no way to use the bar to predict when A17 is coming out. Trying to do so is an exercise in futility.

So why have it? Because I think everyone should get out there and exercise their futility muscles more.

Ah, those muscles have degenerated over the past 11 months my friend ;)

Do you know the kind of progress happening, ie tangibles or coding, or a mix of both?

Archived