Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

TFP,

Since we still have a bit of a wait for A17 to drop...How about a fan prefab contest. Have the POI artists go through all the prefabs created in Magoli's compo pack and pick one out and rework it a bit and include it in the A17 release. You can have TFP pick a few out and then let the community decide which one should be added, through a few screenshots or video of them . Think that would be a cool way to pass the time, especially with the shortage of videos, because most of the work is internal in the game code.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?28057-Compo-Pack-for-Random-Gen

How about it?

MTFGA

something to pass the time?? Otherwise its ....

WOOOP!! Boring Alert!!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Rotating+Lights+and+Sirens&&view=detail&mid=2852124D5C6566B0754D2852124D5C6566B0754D&rvsmid=C9678E97F5C9A91414CCC9678E97F5C9A91414CC&FORM=VDQVAP

Regards,

Ouch

There is some kind of language gap going on here. Let me be as plain as I can be for you:

1) The jeep will be for one driver and one passenger who sits in the passenger seat.

2) Nothing is going to be mounted on the back and nobody is going to ride back there.

3) I have no idea what you mean by 3 modes of the "camouflage system". I'd say that maybe there is a translation error here but there aren't 3 modes of anything that I can think of except speed of foot movement now...

4) There is no swimming suit if by that you mean scuba gear and a wet suit. If you mean swimming trunks, well, there isn't that either. In fact, there isn't even swimming until they fix the animations and so far...not yet.

5) That lantern is decoration. It can be destroyed but it isn't an item to pick up and use as far as I know.

6) There are no underwater ships, or decorations, or...anything but bare dirt or annoyingly that pesky airdrop crate that lands too deep to claim.

Its called the M.O.L.E. ----Multiple Occupant Land Explorer

Coughs * VIDEO * Coughs

5) That lantern is decoration. It can be destroyed but it isn't an item to pick up and use as far as I know.

Talking about lanterns and stuff :) will the table lamps and other electric appliances eventually be pick-up'able?

Like this cool yellow torch:

It'd be shame if i can only brake it...

i'm gonna cryo-freeze myself, wake me up when the update is here (love you funpimps <3)

Haha! I'd even settle for sleeping pill until the next video.

But i admit, the anticipation is killing me. O A17, where art thou?

There is some kind of language gap going on here. Let me be as plain as I can be for you:

1) The jeep will be for one driver and one passenger who sits in the passenger seat.

2) Nothing is going to be mounted on the back and nobody is going to ride back there.

3) I have no idea what you mean by 3 modes of the "camouflage system". I'd say that maybe there is a translation error here but there aren't 3 modes of anything that I can think of except speed of foot movement now...

4) There is no swimming suit if by that you mean scuba gear and a wet suit. If you mean swimming trunks, well, there isn't that either. In fact, there isn't even swimming until they fix the animations and so far...not yet.

6) There are no underwater ships, or decorations, or...anything but bare dirt or annoyingly that pesky airdrop crate that lands too deep to claim.

Is that a done deal? I thought for sure I heard madmole say in video that it will/may hold up to 4 people. Was guessing driver, passenger seat and 2 in back. Don't recall any post saying any different after that.

I suggest that for the search it was necessary to hold the "E" button, and not just to press and wait! Sometimes it happens, during the search come zombies and not immediately you can have time to press the cancel button. What do you think of it?

What if you want to search for something with the letter ‘E’ in its name?

Is that a done deal? I thought for sure I heard madmole say in video that it will/may hold up to 4 people. Was guessing driver, passenger seat and 2 in back. Don't recall any post saying any different after that.

I too was fairly sure I heard it was intended to be a 4 seater, its rather annoying if its only a 2 seater.

Passengers will probably not be in A17. It is still buggy and Pathing/AI and other bug fixing is higher priority.

...on pve there are certain designs that are achivable under 2 hours even from just wood and there you go zombies are done. ...playing pvp pushes you to find efficient ways of dealing with the zombies/leveling/and gearing up.

...I disagree that PvP makes you a better pve'er, I think the game (well, any game) has its limits and there are certain base designs that could withstand any attack. Hell I could chop a dozen blocks in a brownstone and be good indefinitely.

But pve'ers don't settle for that. We strive to make the game challenging, on purpose, whereas pvp'ers look for the quickest solution because they have to.

...and there's nothing wrong with that but it's the difference between us... It's where our goals split. Pve'ers want more of the pve experience and pvp'ers want to be efficient player killing machines. Unfortunately, the game designers want the former...

As a fellow PvE'er, that's not how "we" all think, Guppy. :)

Having to make the game challenging, at least after I'm in the game, is a big immersion breaker. Do not want. I want to play in an environment where my player character can seek the quickest, most efficient solutions available, without worrying about whether they're challenging enough. And furthermore, not only can my PC do this, but s/he feels real pressure to do so, because over time survival will depend on it. This is more important to me than any PvP versus PvE accommodations.

Well nothing is a done deal until the game goes gold so I suppose it could change but as you can see it looks like no passengers at all for A17. I remember madmole talking about how cool it would be to have raiders drive up to your base in a 4x4 with a gun mounted on the back but that is all I remember and madmole often talked about his wishes for the game which cannot be taken as promised features.

If faatal can get 3 passengers in a jeep working I'm sure he'll do it but it looks like it will have to be later.

Without spoiling the reveal I'd like to know if the skills/perks system is getting a whole new do over or is it just being tweaked?

Also XP balancing? Currently there is a rather large mismatch on XP gain for doing different activities. ie Smashing surface boulders gives far more XP for time spent than pretty much anything else. So much so that two players starting at the same time and doing different things are soon so far apart in level its crazy.

you just removed something from the mainpost. heal that hp bar maaaan! +15%

btw currently seems the minibike splits, gets new textures and sounds.(jeep,bike) just like we got the stag and doe.

Without spoiling the reveal I'd like to know if the skills/perks system is getting a whole new do over or is it just being tweaked?

Also XP balancing? Currently there is a rather large mismatch on XP gain for doing different activities. ie Smashing surface boulders gives far more XP for time spent than pretty much anything else. So much so that two players starting at the same time and doing different things are soon so far apart in level its crazy.

I have also been asking about this.

Would love to know what direction they are headed for progression.

Good balancing isn't easy. You have to consider many different factors. You mentioned two players starting the game and doing the different activities and you previously mentioned smashing rocks, so I presume that one of the said activities done by one of those players would be smashing rocks. Smashing rocks may give more XP than other activity (not really sure about this though), but if they both really just started the game, they don't have like super stamina to smash the hell out of each and every rock they find on day one. This factor also plays a big role in balancing, because while you might get more XP smashing rocks, you also get exhausted fast, need to drink / eat, which will slow you down and pretty soon you will have to move on to different activities, so overall you don't really get that much of an XP advantage from it. At least not early in the game.

Good balancing isn't easy. You have to consider many different factors. You mentioned two players starting the game and doing the different activities and you previously mentioned smashing rocks, so I presume that one of the said activities done by one of those players would be smashing rocks. Smashing rocks may give more XP than other activity (not really sure about this though), but if they both really just started the game, they don't have like super stamina to smash the hell out of each and every rock they find on day one. This factor also plays a big role in balancing, because while you might get more XP smashing rocks, you also get exhausted fast, need to drink / eat, which will slow you down and pretty soon you will have to move on to different activities, so overall you don't really get that much of an XP advantage from it. At least not early in the game.

Trust me when I say we have tested this to the limit mate.

As soon as we find beer I tend to be the one who goes out looking for resources and tbh the best way to get the most amount of resources in a short time is smashing rocks on the surface as they give FIVE resources. Rocks, iron, coal, nitrate and lead. I also gather wood, eggs and any of the trash/stumps/wandering zombies I find.

Meanwhile my brother is killing zombies, looting buildings and building our base of operations.

In a short amount of time I am a long way ahead in level even with stamina being a small issue.

I worked it out that at one point I am getting a level for every 24 surface boulders harvested which is pretty quick.

As is said often here, balancing isn't easy but is the key to good gameplay hence my question.

I'm not after spoilers or anything I just wanted to know if there is a big change coming or just tweaking?

Trust me when I say we have tested this to the limit mate.

As soon as we find beer I tend to be the one who goes out looking for resources and tbh the best way to get the most amount of resources in a short time is smashing rocks on the surface as they give FIVE resources. Rocks, iron, coal, nitrate and lead. I also gather wood, eggs and any of the trash/stumps/wandering zombies I find.

Meanwhile my brother is killing zombies, looting buildings and building our base of operations.

In a short amount of time I am a long way ahead in level even with stamina being a small issue.

I worked it out that at one point I am getting a level for every 24 surface boulders harvested which is pretty quick.

As is said often here, balancing isn't easy but is the key to good gameplay hence my question.

I'm not after spoilers or anything I just wanted to know if there is a big change coming or just tweaking?

Beer is yet another factor, but are you sure that people are supposed to use beer to get more XP and as many resources as possible and get them as soon as possible? That doesn't sound like a normal way of playing, unless you are willing to get some serious game advancement early (granted you have found enough jars of beer to get there).

Still, if you wanted to ask devs to make this process harder, you would have to ask them to drastically reduce availability of beer or even remove it entirely from the game, but would that kind of change be good? And what about other activities for which you would need the beer? What about those who don't want to abuse the beer early and want to use it really just for occasional stamina boost? They would lose that opportunity due to low availability of beer or getting no beer at all, so maybe the game would be more balanced for you personally, but less for other people.

Balancing isn't easy, not only you have to think of many different factors, but also many different play styles. Not all people rush to max out each and every skill and gain more XP early. What's good for you, may be bad for someone else.

But I think that this talk is actually pointless, because they want to make some major changes to the current system, so it may be totally different than what we have now. Some of that was discussed in the videos.

Beer is yet another factor, but are you sure that people are supposed to use beer to get more XP and as many resources as possible and get them as soon as possible? That doesn't sound like a normal way of playing, unless you are willing to get some serious game advancement early (granted you have found enough jars of beer to get there).

Still, if you wanted to ask devs to make this process harder, you would have to ask them to drastically reduce availability of beer or even remove it entirely from the game, but would that kind of change be good? And what about other activities for which you would need the beer? What about those who don't want to abuse the beer early and want to use it really just for occasional stamina boost? They would lose that opportunity due to low availability of beer or getting no beer at all, so maybe the game would be more balanced for you personally, but less for other people.

Balancing isn't easy, not only you have to think of many different factors, but also many different play styles. Not all people rush to max out each and every skill and gain more XP early. What's good for you, may be bad for someone else.

But I think that this talk is actually pointless, because they want to make some major changes to the current system, so it may be totally different than what we have now. Some of that was discussed in the videos.

I think you may be overly concentrating on my mention of beer but nevermind.

The point I was trying to make is that the balance is out in the current formula and I was asking for a no spoiler response.

If you are getting the impression that I am speed running through the game then I am sorry but that isn't the case at all.

I find a lot of enjoyment walking through the forests picking up all manner of resources so that's what I do, beer or no beer.

There is something I find utterly soothing about smashing rocks.

My brother on the other hand loves other parts of the game so we gravitate to those things we enjoy doing as a matter of course.

That is how we know the balance is slightly out as it stands now.

I think it has something to do with getting XP from ALL the resources you gather from the rocks but in all honesty I'd just be guessing.

Hence my polite enquiry as to what may be heading out way.

I also don't know why asking about what is coming is pointless discussion?

Archived