Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Yes, both will be moddable through their xmls.

Awesome!

- - - Updated - - -

Hah! I'm just babbling because honestly, there is so much new stuff under the hood I wouldn't know where to begin.

Those were completely random and all over the place examples...

IMO, compared to A17 the previous alphas were tech demos.

They showcased a lot of individual features... which are now getting tied into something more game-like.

Can't wait!

Guest Rassilon

Ehm, while you guys are talking about doors. Lets conect it with the game :D

Any Chances (A17 or far future ) that we get Doors that we can connect with the Motion-Camera, so they close/open automaticly ?

Would be a neat comfort enhancer and could be balanced out with appropriate Power Usage.

Hah! I'm just babbling because honestly, there is so much new stuff under the hood I wouldn't know where to begin.

Those were completely random and all over the place examples...

IMO, compared to A17 the previous alphas were tech demos.

They showcased a lot of individual features... which are now getting tied into something more game-like.

.. And it feels like a completely new game?

booby trapped doors! yes!

That could be awesome as long as its not done to too many interior doors and some sort of perk can help to detect traps. I could see team missions being popular: Have a couple of tanks, a techno and a safe cracker type. :)

If the server detects more than one player is online, then multi-player missions become active?

That could be awesome as long as its not done to too many interior doors and some sort of perk can help to detect traps. I could see team missions being popular: Have a couple of tanks, a techno and a safe cracker type. :)

If the server detects more than one player is online, then multi-player missions become active?

Multiplayer missions ? Yes ! Getting a quest to clear few infected POIs for limited time a few km/miles away to avoid getting in a trap surrounded by hell of a hordes constantly. And thausands more scenarios, both vanilla or mods. Don`t hype us like that man, it sounds brilliant and can`t wait.

how about doors that can be opened from one side but not the other. and that close after so long on their own.

could make traps with those

If we have doors that can close to trap people then we also need to be able to add hydraulics so we can make a "Star Wars garbage disposal" type trap. One wall being bulletproof glass of course so you can see your enemies being squashed like little bugs.

If we have doors that can close to trap people then we also need to be able to add hydraulics so we can make a "Star Wars garbage disposal" type trap. One wall being bulletproof glass of course so you can see your enemies being squashed like little bugs.

Sounds brutal. I like it!

I was thinking about how to substantially increase horde sizes (wandering and blood moon) and I think I see a way.

What if the hordes are made up of drastically reduced mesh models and low poly infected. You could still make them look good. I mean they wander day and night so all their clothes have rotted off and skin has become leatherish with no definition. Basically skin bags.

A zombie game without giant hordes is kinda weak. Zombies by their characteristics are supposed to be foreboding in large quantities.

I was thinking about how to substantially increase horde sizes (wandering and blood moon) and I think I see a way.

What if the hordes are made up of drastically reduced mesh models and low poly infected. You could still make them look good. I mean they wander day and night so all their clothes have rotted off and skin has become leatherish with no definition. Basically skin bags.

A zombie game without giant hordes is kinda weak. Zombies by their characteristics are supposed to be foreboding in large quantities.

Rumor has it that you may get your wish. Soon.

Ehm, while you guys are talking about doors. Lets conect it with the game :D

Any Chances (A17 or far future ) that we get Doors that we can connect with the Motion-Camera, so they close/open automaticly ?

Would be a neat comfort enhancer and could be balanced out with appropriate Power Usage.

According to previous talks (I've created a topic few months ago discussing it) it can be implemented on future, probably not in A17 because the TFP deadlines are closed and they does not have talked about it. BUT probably it will be easy to mod with the new modding system.

this post has just became a dump for everything a long time ago. good to see you guys are still part of it. what we should talk about in A17 related forumpost? whuh? lets talk about doors. mine has a window on it! and yours?

dont brake the rule: 1 page about A17 and 2.5 about something totally different. lets reach 1500page before release! wohooo

Then don't read it.

- - - Updated - - -

We can't even get temperature to work or get a video and you guys want traps and hydraulics too..lol good luck.

MTFGA

We? You work for TFP?

Archived