Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Is anyone getting the release date joke part of my statement? I hate explaining a joke so I'll just say I don't really feel bad for those kids....

its funny, becouse tfp work so slow, and fishing is still a huge question. hahahah we laugh so hard. jokes are the best

Dialogue system. Craftable guns are legit too though, bro.

Joel, in the video description, you wrote: "My video recording software is still on the fritz so Prime recorded this one."

Recently, NVIDIA released a driver update package. This could cause failure of the program Shadowplay. Try to roll back the driver version ago. In this case, everything should work as before.

A lot of polls are about opinions and assumptions.

Game features can be complex and dependent on a whole host of other features so you could have some fun imagining different versions of what the options in those recent polls actually mean.

If someone voted for zip lines... and it turns out you cannot craft or install new ones... that's still what you voted for. You voted for your assumption of what those 2 words would mean.

A lot of polls are about opinions and assumptions.

Game features can be complex and dependent on a whole host of other features so you could have some fun imagining different versions of what the options in those recent polls actually mean.

If someone voted for zip lines... and it turns out you cannot craft or install new ones... that's still what you voted for. You voted for your assumption of what those 2 words would mean.

More generally, people want what is fun. But what they think will be fun, doesn't always pan out.

More generally, people want what is fun. But what they think will be fun, doesn't always pan out.

And that's why the Pimps making 7DTD so moddable is so very important. By the time the game releases this will be the best value in gaming ever created.

But that's my opinion. :p

And that's why the Pimps making 7DTD so moddable is so very important. By the time the game releases this will be the best value in gaming ever created.

But that's my opinion. :p

For vanilla, I recommend a Stellaris type of flexible game start. If you can make your own faction.

For other factions, instead of the race build options, make that the faction build options the computer uses to build other factions. A completely new random game every time!

Nice to hear your voice, Prime. See, I though Joel sounded a little different today ;)

Quests from traders is a welcomed addition to the game :)

Looking forward to A17. You guys are the best game developers by far!

Is anyone getting the release date joke part of my statement? I hate explaining a joke so I'll just say I don't really feel bad for those kids....

Yes, some of us did. We just choose to hold our ROFL's off screen. (Like your "I'm friends with Einstein" ego needs any assistance. Next, you'll be wanting airships in the game...)

My wife's 60th birthday is April 17th. (this really needs to be very special) Nothing would mean more to her than to know her husband would be letting her do whatever she wanted, as he would be 'testing' some video game, with a 'waiting to die for' version release that is synchronized with her birthday. (A17! DUH?!)

btw - Trader Joel doesn't have 'boobs'. As traders will be nigh impossible to kill, he's just wearing his superman suit under normal clothing. (And, no, you can't use the suit in the game, as it has a block id that's so long - there can be only one. It's even nicknamed the 'Super Highlander Block ID'... Joel actually had to wrap the id around the trader object many times. Thus adding to the illusion of a stuffed 'top'.)

Thank you for the additional info, MM and Prime.

I got it, but, when you realize Halloween was always a more likely scenario than February (a month you have listed in the release date thread).. it sucked the humor out of it for me.

I did. I just did not think it was very funny.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh no! The bar has taken damage, better cast a healing spell on it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24092[/ATTACH]

Final Fantasy, the original 8 bit game on a Nintendo platform. :) I played that game several times through back when it first came out.

The only real bad thing about it was that it only had one save.

Madmole

Not that there is anything wrong with it....no no

But from some of your fans responses and the drool on the forums....i believe if you posted a topless video of yourself sitting in your chair typing on your keyboard ....Heads would explode and many of the fans would need oxygen. You would have a YouTube top 10 watched because certain fans would loop it as their screensaver....geez.

Down boys ..down

MTFGA

You guys should do releases based on Guppy's bowel movements. Without using a Squatty Potty.

- - - Updated - - -

Madmole

Not that there is anything wrong with it....no no

But from some of your fans responses and the drool on the forums....i believe if you posted a topless video of yourself sitting in your chair typing on your keyboard ....Heads would explode and many of the fans would need oxygen.

Down boys ..down

MTFGA

Few people still need oxygen after their heads explode. Just sayin'. :p

You guys should do releases based on Guppy's bowel movements. Without using a Squatty Potty.

- - - Updated - - -

Few people still need oxygen after their heads explode. Just sayin'. :p

Depends if you are a zombie....and maybe some heads wouldn't explode...ha ha!

I read bearships.

Hyperinflated bears would work?

I just throw out ideas to give TFP some ideas to work with. An airship would probably destroy the game until near end-game as it would be too OP imo. But it would be good if the devs wanted a more global part2 or wanted it to be in a far away region.

A lot of people are passive aggressive in this forum and that's a pity.

Also...the trader had boobs. I ONLY noticed because I couldn’t see her eyes...

That was Trader Joel...this is awkward...

Now I am wondering if that is why Madmole showed us those "guns" pics. Subconsciously he was re-establishing his male dominance.

Thanks Roland for giving off those vibes and making MM take time away from the game...:p

If someone voted for zip lines... and it turns out you cannot craft or install new ones...

In vanilla maybe :)

I'm guessing some voted for zip lines because they imagined all sorts ways modders could use them.

EDIT:

Heh, just saw your last poll where you addressed the modding aspect of new features.

Guys.. w̶h̶y̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶o̶p̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶a̶t̶t̶a̶c̶h̶m̶e̶n̶t̶s̶?̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶a̶r̶e̶n̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶p̶r̶i̶v̶i̶l̶e̶g̶e̶s̶.̶.̶

those attachments are awesome. so many privileges...

Archived