Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I'm really disappointed in the forum group. I thought my hexidecimal hp bar equation/joke was good. Either it went over heads, or I'm just not as clever as I think I am...

I thought it was brilliant. Those other guys are just cacadoodoopoopoo heads.

What ever happened to the Perlin Worm system for underground caves?? That was talked about like 5 alphas ago and then nothing??

Anyone?

Anyone?

Beuler???

Coughs * VIDEO * Coughs

I didn't play that long ago, I just started with a15. But I know MM mentioned it as a possibility for a16 and it didn't make the cut.

Whether it was discussed before then I don't know, but it was only one alpha ago as my reckoning goes.

I think it makes sense that end game content comes closer to the end of development, and we also don't truly know what they are working on behind the scenes. It's possible that we haven't seen half of what's coming with alpha 17, but even if we have seen all of it already, I appreciate the framework changes, which should make it easier and faster for them to develop end game content in the next update. I'm not gonna go on a big rant here about the rest of my thoughts, but I think a lot of people are having knee-jerk reactions to their own lack of knowledge about what's coming in the future. The game's not done, but I already love it. I trust that TFP will make a great final product no matter how long it takes them.

What in the world? You can't be.....loyal and supportive. Git on outta here wit dat!

To make mid-late-end game content replay-able, TFP would need an intelligent and interactive content builder. Something that reacts to the player actions.

For example, if you shot one guy from the faction: "Puken Dogs". It shouldn't mean that a huge army of Puken Dogs will be charging over the hill that night and will fight to the last man to kill you.

The computer should calculate: (just some ideas)

-If anyone saw you.

-What is your reputation (are you a Badass?). This is very important to a believable world, the player has worked hard to become strong, reward them!

-Has the player ever helped them or one of their enemies.

After that a weighted percent chance between:

-Doing nothing.

-Sending someone to negotiate a settlement. (you pay some money or even they pay you some money, if you're a Badass)

-Sending a "message" (this could get "interesting" any NPC's you fond of?)

-Up to an army coming over the hill and fight to the last man to kill you.

So, content doesn't have to be mindless or repetitive.

Puken Dogs attacking the Badass during a Horde Night?

Puken Dogs bandit faction confirmed for a17!!

Nah. They will introduce a stag and a doe though, instead of a normal deer. So there's that.

The fact there is a buck and a doe opens up the possibility of husbandry in the game, don't you think? Soon, maybe we'll have male and female of the other animals to add to our farm. Then, we have to defend said farm, and so on. Kind of late game, I think.

what are you talking about. link it if it doesnt the 5 years old kickstarter list please

This doesnt the 5 years old kickstarter list welcome

doesn't the 5 years old kickstarer list welcome

doesn't the 5 year old kickstarter list welcome

/data_dump

Super late response, but glad to see you're going back and reworking systems. This game needs all the love it can get in terms of optimizations.

Speaking of, would the rework of the systems you're doing have any notable performance difference? The game runs great on my computer, but I know a lot of people have lower end machines that struggle with low settings.

Add those tasty hotkeys to the dialog options and you got a well balanced breakfast!

Also is this the first non-MM video? Are we going to see more from the rest of the dev team?

Yes using a hotkey system for that would definitely make it better.

This is the girst non-madmole on his channel that i remember but there were some who other members over the years who made videos. Roland was allowed to show off some stuff back in the day.

I do hope there will be more. It would help lighten Madmole load and give us potentially more info.

Dialogue system. Craftable guns are legit too though, bro.

Short but sweet. Thanks MM and Prime!!!

Will the new dialogue and quest system be moddable in A17? This would allow us really go to town with custom story elements. (TWD recreation here we come!)

Dialogue system. Craftable guns are legit too though, bro.

Nice WIP you got there. Maybe you all could add a few other things like idle chat or some personal quest for the trader.

Things like fixing up his base and getting better deals, better info, or maybe spend the night.

Idle chat is an attempt to add some like in the NPC's to make them seem more real to the players.

Thanks for sharing Prime and Madmole. :)

Archived