Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Edited : Kind of surprised "fanny" made it through the profanity censor.

Fanny isn't exactly profanity in the US. In most parts I've been it simply refers to someone's ass end, which also isn't filtered. There are belt purses called "fanny packs" here as well.

Fanny isn't exactly profanity in the US. In most parts I've been it simply refers to someone's ass end, which also isn't filtered. There are belt purses called "fanny packs" here as well.

The British version has so many more variations :-)

1) A ladies front bottom. We love hearing Americans say fanny-pack :-)

2) A ladies name, although somewhat out of fashion these days. Fanny Cradock was once our version of Martha Stewart... without all of the prison tattoos.

3) An idiot, usually while questioning a gentleman's masculinity. Predominantly used in Scotland.

You mean if we’d never gained our independence I could be saying things like, “Look at that fanny over there with that stupid fag in his mouth.” And people would just nod?

Man, the price of sovereignty is pretty steep....

lol

And on top of that we could have been driving on the wrong side of the road! ;)

British are strange, very strange. lol

Love the "vehicle"! My dreams of making a "Road Warrior" type 7dtd server are getting closer to reality lol.People will fight for the fuel!!! :) (Thanks to the xml system I greatly enjoy modding). I hope all vehicles have the same type repair system the game has now. Love the weapons and vehicle repairs and upgrade system. Great job all you Pimps!

How else could we know what needs to be reported and what not?

That is an easy question to answer. NOTHING. Not one thing needs reported. The videos are NOT being posted for testing/troubleshooting. They are showing us works in progress. You will know when TFP wants feedback and bugs reported. A17 will show up under Experimental in stream. Until then, MM is just being nice and showing us some of what they are working on.

There's a mod for that.

I have not seen such a mods. Still, it's better to have an implementation from the developers, because it will certainly be better and less buggy.

There are two main reasons that games will kick you into third person when driving a vehicle.

1) Vehicle mesh complexity.

If you place a player in the driving seat of a car with a first person perspective you have to make sure the inside of the vehicle looks good with a dashboard, pedals and other driving gubbins. No matter how detailed you make it someone will complain about a minor thing such as the speedometer not giving an accurate reading and such. Mesh complexity was the main reason that a first-person GTA wasn't attempted until very recently.

Is the detailing of the minibike model in 7DtD so bad? I think he looks good enough. You can expect that the detailing of the jeep's interior will be at the same level.

However, of course, disgruntled players will always be. For this, there are modding, players can replace vehicles models with more detailed.

2) Peripheral vision.

It's a lot easier to drive from a third person perspective because a first-person game tends to lack peripheral vision. This isn't really a problem if you're doing a run-and-gun but becomes a major issue when driving.

Yes, I'm the kind of fanny who likes to show the flaws in their own ideas. (British English, it's worse)

Edited : Kind of surprised "fanny" made it through the profanity censor.

This is not a problem, if you can rotate the camera with your mouse, turn your head.

It's a matter of taste. Some like the third-person view, because it gives a larger view zone, and some, like me, like a more realistic and atmospheric view from the first person. I do not play games where used forced third person view. GTA also did not take seriously, but when in GTA 5 appeared the first person mode, I was just ecstatic, it was a shock. In 2005-2008 for the same reason I played at Boiling Point: Road to Hell, and not at GTA San Andreas, because he was a clone of GTA, but with a first-person view. Boiling Point was for me a replacement for GTA. After 2008, they were Far Cry 2 and Arma 2 with civilian mods. All this is due to the fact that GTA had a third-person view, and I hate it. Although the gameplay GTA I really liked.

Therefore, I hate the view from a third party when driving on transport in 7DtD.

Not sure if been asked yet, but wondering about multiplayer server performance with a17 and new vehicles. I've seen performance issues when only one minibike was in use. If every user on the server is driving an off road vehicle; Any clipping issues? falling through world? Stuck in the ground causing server to lag? Will Server admins need to lower user count to balance performance? Any duping bugs like with the minibike?

You mean if we’d never gained our independence I could be saying things like, “Look at that fanny over there with that stupid fag in his mouth.” And people would just nod?

Man, the price of sovereignty is pretty steep....

Uncanny. I'm English and that is exactly how we all talk. Well when we haven't got our mouths stuffed with fish and chips and tea or are playing the spoons. It all gets a bit much to be honest

You, sir, are an uncouth colonial bounder and I bid you Good Day!

:tickled_pink:

Ha! I was just thinking about this, but how about when you drive into the water? Build cobblestone all the way around the vehicle, with a channel to the shore, then take out the water with a bucket and reverse out?

Ever swamped a car (or ATV) in a river/lake? The water on the outside of the engine may be the least of your worries. In game terms disassembly and reassembly are probably the easiest method.

Not sure if been asked yet, but wondering about multiplayer server performance with a17 and new vehicles. I've seen performance issues when only one minibike was in use. If every user on the server is driving an off road vehicle; Any clipping issues? falling through world? Stuck in the ground causing server to lag? Will Server admins need to lower user count to balance performance? Any duping bugs like with the minibike?

Not there yet. Right now they are just working on getting it in and then they will work to make sure that it runs well with the supported max of 8 players.

Ever swamped a car (or ATV) in a river/lake? The water on the outside of the engine may be the least of your worries. In game terms disassembly and reassembly are probably the easiest method.

I foresee our next #gate on the horizon....

Archived