Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I’m surprised nobody has mentioned the awful Jeep sound effects (sorry TFP). The rev seems to be directly connected to the up arrow key, thus the sound is changing gears even though you are stuck on a concrete block and not moving at all. I’m sorry to say, but that needs some work.

I’m surprised nobody has mentioned the awful Jeep sound effects (sorry TFP). The rev seems to be directly connected to the up arrow key, thus the sound is changing gears even though you are stuck on a concrete block and not moving at all. I’m sorry to say, but that needs some work.

Which is why it isn't even being released to alpha yet... not even to experimental alpha. It will be worked on and won't be released to experimental until it is reasonably close to "good enough for now".

1st pass and will no doubt change. he was kind enough to give sneak peak of where the vehicle is/was at that point. :)

Exactly what would it take for MM to be able to release a video of a update on anything in this game and not have people act like it is the final version and chime in with what is wrong with it? I doubt there is anything. Actually I don't "doubt", I know for a fact there is nothing he could say/do. He could start every sentence in the video with a disclaimer that said feature is not complete and he is just showing it as it is at the moment and idiots would still come in here and post "OMG FIX IT. IT IS AWFUL"

Exactly what would it take for MM to be able to release a video of a update on anything in this game and not have people act like it is the final version and chime in with what is wrong with it? I doubt there is anything. Actually I don't "doubt", I know for a fact there is nothing he could say/do. He could start every sentence in the video with a disclaimer that said feature is not complete and he is just showing it as it is at the moment and idiots would still come in here and post "OMG FIX IT. IT IS AWFUL"

I would say an act of Congress, but we all know that, no matter which political party you support, Congress sucks.

Regarding the madmole video and responses here:

I suppose it's human nature to pick nits on failings, but I am always astounded at how rapid (and sometimes rabid) the negative responses come in when Joel overlooks providing a "yeah, we know the collision needs work" in his update videos.

Folks - if it bothers us, you can be damn sure it is irritating as hell for the development team. I get the whole "gotta make sure they don't miss this issue" angle, but honestly it's getting REALLY old after going through 17 alpha releases.

Looking forward to A17 when it releases Pimps. Lots to discover and play around with it seems. Kudos and keep ignoring the naysayers. :positive:

Thankfully, MM and gang have thick skins (zombie bear skin, I think) so I doubt this has any lasting effect on them. But, yeah, some people will never understand that this whole game and everything they play is a work in progress, not a final product worthy of micro analysis. It would be different/better if people's tones were more of "Hey, in case you didn't notice..." instead of "Fix it! It's not acceptable!".

same question was asked a long long time ago... somewhere around a13/14 when someone seen that on MM's screen... he is a game creator/admin and they have things in game we dont and wont have.

so i have no real answer for you short of what that means. sorry.

Ah, that makes sense.

I really enjoy the updates from MM. I think they are making great progress, A17 will be awesome!!

PS: I was asked by a friend to make a request: Can't at least one trader be a woman?

It would be easier if Madmole could fake a woman's voice.

Maybe Roland can do it? :p

I am not competing in any lingual wars, just got curious. Gasoline it is.

Be careful when you use the word gas in Europe, could cause a long search party for the right whole in the car.

Cheers Joe, got my tea served just now.

Gas is what you get when you eat the starter chilli.

I was actually wondering about that; it almost seemed as if the game engine prevented the roll; vehicles CAN roll, right?

And I agree with Roland, a nice gravity setting would be awesome all around.

I want to know what happens if it does or if you get it hung some where. Can we pick it up and place it back down? I have drove the mini bike in to the water at least once and I will probably do the same with that jeep at some point.

Folks - if it bothers us, you can be damn sure it is irritating as hell for the development team. I get the whole "gotta make sure they don't miss this issue" angle, but honestly it's getting REALLY old after going through 17 alpha releases.

Looking forward to A17 when it releases Pimps. Lots to discover and play around with it seems. Kudos and keep ignoring the naysayers. :positive:

+1

I am following bunch of EA games.

But... MM have gathered here most colorful team. No other dev act so as MM. No second tRolland in forums. Every forum needs HolyJoe.

I like none standard videos. 'ups this shouldn't work this way' , ' we need to fix that'...

No complaints. Please continue :)

Archived