Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

i can see a server set up in Navezgane now selling tickets to watch people with the Hog to jump the Gulch... lets face it... trucks will be too heavy and the pedal bike is asking too much. :)

A scene for E.T.?

- - - Updated - - -

Well, the guys who strapped a couple of JATO units to his car... he was air-born. Not sure if its a urban legend or not, if it was, it was funny. :)

Urban legends are so much better than the rural ones.

Speaking of jumping. I hope that the vehicle physics will stretched (in the name of fun) to allow gaining slightly unrealistic air off of ramps. Right now going off jumps just sucks. I'm not asking for the Rush series of arcade racing but we need to be able to make some sweet jumps with these vehicles because its fun, Pimps.

The problem with reality is that quite often it's the most boring of all the available options.

Making the physics a little cartoony is a good idea. If you want some techno-babble a slightly lower gravity, 80-90% standard earth gravity, and an atmosphere around 25% thicker should do it.

Relaxation of the off-topic rules confirmed! :-)

- - - Updated - - -

I tried for 30 minutes last night to roll the jeep and it never would. The game definitely prevents it. Not sure if that is something they will change or not.

I really hope that changes, there's no way of doing that without upsetting a players physics gland.

I've seen the jeep flip... once.

The righting force is pretty strong. Without that there would need to be a system to flip it back. =)

Or just give it a countdown timer that rights it automatically... after doing some crushing damage to the occupants, of course. :p

EDIT: But that begs the question... what if you're driving a left-handed jeep?

The righting force is pretty strong. Without that there would need to be a system to flip it back. =)

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Flipping the car should force the players out of the vehicle. You could go from decimating a horde to bleeding. broken and in extreme danger with a single wrong turn of the wheel. This would generate far more fear and excitement over time for the simple addition of a "press B to flip vehicle" function.

Having the zombie apocalypse version of bumper cars would likely make vehicles far too overpowered.

No offence , but I still wonder why you americans call a liquid - gas. Its called petrol.

Grr ;)

The difference between petrol and gasoline is only one of naming. They are the same substances with largely the same standards. Historically, "gasoline" in British and most commonwealth (ex. Canada) countries referred to a derivative of petroleum used for lamp oil (i.e., kerosene). In the United States and many other places in the world, "gasoline" referred to any kind of motor fuel. For example, methanol and ethanol might have been referred to as gasolines. Eventually people standardized on a single type of motor fuel made from straight run naphtha. "Gasoline" as a term has been around since 1871.

The word "petrol" actually is a brand name used to refer to the generic product gasoline, much like "fridge" is used as shorthand for "Frigidaire," or the word "kleenex" is used to refer to tissue paper. The brand name was suggested by the early chemical engineer Frederick Richard Simms, and first used in 1892 by the British wholesaler Carless, Capel & Leonard. Previously, "petrol" was used as a shorthand for "petroleum" - i.e., the unrefined crude oil. CC&L's competitors used the generic term "motor spirit" at least until the 1930s but the name "petrol" stuck in the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you automatically get venison in your boot/trunk if you hit a deer with your car? Auto-collect with a vehicle would make things too easy.

yeah I know that was a stretch, but maybe that cow catcher on the front would hold the deer for me!.

I didn't see any response to this but what is up with the "My Account" on the new menu screen?

same question was asked a long long time ago... somewhere around a13/14 when someone seen that on MM's screen... he is a game creator/admin and they have things in game we dont and wont have.

so i have no real answer for you short of what that means. sorry.

The difference between petrol and gasoline is only one of naming. They are the same substances with largely the same standards. Historically, "gasoline" in British and most commonwealth (ex. Canada) countries referred to a derivative of petroleum used for lamp oil (i.e., kerosene). In the United States and many other places in the world, "gasoline" referred to any kind of motor fuel. For example, methanol and ethanol might have been referred to as gasolines. Eventually people standardized on a single type of motor fuel made from straight run naphtha. "Gasoline" as a term has been around since 1871.

The word "petrol" actually is a brand name used to refer to the generic product gasoline, much like "fridge" is used as shorthand for "Frigidaire," or the word "kleenex" is used to refer to tissue paper. The brand name was suggested by the early chemical engineer Frederick Richard Simms, and first used in 1892 by the British wholesaler Carless, Capel & Leonard. Previously, "petrol" was used as a shorthand for "petroleum" - i.e., the unrefined crude oil. CC&L's competitors used the generic term "motor spirit" at least until the 1930s but the name "petrol" stuck in the end.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah I know that was a stretch, but maybe that cow catcher on the front would hold the deer for me!.

I thought fridge was short for refrigerator? But what do I know? No, really, what the hell do I know? I can't remember!

- - - Updated - - -

This is how a proper response to a curious person have to look.

Have yourself a drink. Thank you :)

you will need to tip it over to get all the water out of those "pipes" it rains so much in this game I can't see this vehicle making it without some sort of pipe caps...wait are the pipes cosmetic? sorry I live in Texas they work or we laugh at you.

Speaking of Boars, why can't I ride one? corn on a stick trick?

- - - Updated - - -

This is how a proper response to a curious person have to look.

Have yourself a drink. Thank you :)

I am a Canadian living in Texas so I grew up with the Union Jack Canadian flag and all the British humor and Sunday was reserved to watch curling. now in Texas since 1990 I am @lonestarcanuck.

...it's weird how so much has changed on some things, and nothing has changed on others. I'm looking at you, forest ground, trash piles, dead bush, rock, and cinder blocks...

Some days I want to strangle the Cinder Block Fairy. It's like the mentally unstable version of the Easter Bunny. "No, you stupid fairy, HIDE the blocks!"

A drink of gas or tea?

Its his choice. I afraid of yours though ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Some days I want to strangle the Cinder Block Fairy. It's like the mentally unstable version of the Easter Bunny. "No, you stupid fairy, HIDE the blocks!"

Careful, it is a fairy. It could be the Cinder Block Fairy, but if you talk like that to a fairy, this is what you get man.

Probably not that far but setting up a ramp on one side of the Navezgane chasm and being able to make it to the other side or at the very least setting up a ramp next to your drawbridge so you can either drive across if the bridge is down or just jump across if the bridge is up...

What about a giant zipline that carries the jeep from one rooftop to the next. Just trying to keep it realistic...

Edit: Don't forget to disconnect the line after use, or the behemoth may follow you.

Archived