Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I’m surprised nobody has mentioned the awful Jeep sound effects (sorry TFP). The rev seems to be directly connected to the up arrow key, thus the sound is changing gears even though you are stuck on a concrete block and not moving at all. I’m sorry to say, but that needs some work.

I am fine with what it sounded like because at least I could hear MM talking over that unlike the bike video.

+1

I am following bunch of EA games.

But... MM have gathered here most colorful team. No other dev act so as MM. No second tRolland in forums. Every forum needs HolyJoe.

I like none standard videos. 'ups this shouldn't work this way' , ' we need to fix that'...

No complaints. Please continue :)

I also enjoy the unique way TFP do things. As my wife says to my kids, "You get what you get and you don't pitch a fit!" I'm glad we have the opportunity to follow this game's development so closely and interact with people who are actually working on it.

Speed force...

Is that what we're calling those pills now? :-)

hmmm could it be someone doesn't know of the speed force... tuesday nights on the cw... actually tonight is new episode... i am hooked... any ways..

theres the "dark and light" Force that Maharin knows and uses and there is the Speed Force that The Flash uses.

hmmm could it be someone doesn't know of the speed force... tuesday nights on the cw... actually tonight is new episode... i am hooked... any ways..

theres the "dark and light" Force that Maharin knows and uses and there is the Speed Force that The Flash uses.

I know Barry Allen's narcotics problem :-)

I can't take such superheroes seriously after "The adventures of Sir Digby Chicken-Ceasar", you may just be seeing the story from their own warped perspective.

hmmm okay so maybe i am missing it then as i dont know what the hell you are talking about.... but... if it actually has to do with the comic books, then forget it... i have read none and dont wish to as comics lost their touch early 80s.

tv series or the newest one is ok.. i didnt care for the 90s version.

ok... so 3 seconds into that video link was too much for me... :)

hmmm okay so maybe i am missing it then as i dont know what the hell you are talking about.... but... if it actually has to do with the comic books, then forget it... i have read none and dont wish to as comics lost their touch early 80s.

tv series or the newest one is ok.. i didnt care for the 90s version.

Speed is one of the street names for N-methylamphetamine, or methampetamine, or crystal meth as it's more commonly known in America.

I'd post a link to the recipe from the wonderful book PiHKAL by Dr Alexander Shulgin but linking to a scientific methodology for the creation of highly controlled substances might be a little beyond the rules and off topic... even for the dev diary. Needless to say, the book is freely available online from several sources so if you really must know just google it.

Probably not that far but setting up a ramp on one side of the Navezgane chasm and being able to make it to the other side or at the very least setting up a ramp next to your drawbridge so you can either drive across if the bridge is down or just jump across if the bridge is up...

This is already possible with the minibike without any physics manipulation. For example build a "park deck" without any access 6 blocks high, make an ascending ramp 6 blocks higher than your deck and ending 5 blocks away and you can jump over easy. And drop down from the park deck if you want to drive away again. (All numbers approximations). I'm sure lots of others have done that too, bikes fly quite well.

Exactly what would it take for MM to be able to release a video of a update on anything in this game and not have people act like it is the final version and chime in with what is wrong with it? I doubt there is anything.

Weeell, actually saying in the video what they know to be wrong would probably decrease such posts perceptibly. Most people would get a hint like "motor sound is too loud" or "motor sound needs to change". How else could we know what needs to be reported and what not? Common sense? That would be possible with objective facts but not subjective things like sounds for example.

Case in point, I didn't find anything wrong with the motor sound when I watched the video

I want to know what happens if it does or if you get it hung some where. Can we pick it up and place it back down? I have drove the mini bike in to the water at least once and I will probably do the same with that jeep at some point.

You'll need another Jeep with a winch instead of a cattle guard to pull you back out of the water.

At least that's how we do it in real life. And there's always beer and pizza after.

Which means we need pizza in the game for this to work.

such as this ->

or this ->

for those who missed it. :)

Well, where does he say the sound of the vehicle is wrong? Just saying "this vehicle is not final" is too general. He probably wants to hear if people don't like the shape or size of the front bumper or the sound when the car hits a stone...

He did for example tell us that there will be smoke coming out of the exhausts, that that part is not final. Notice that consequently there were no requests for smoke out of the exhausts

Sorry about the ketchup delay...

No keypress is needed to right a flipped jeep-like vehicle. Dig out one side so it rolls over into the ditch you've made. Try to avoid getting squashed under it when it rolls. Oh, and the noise of a rolling-over vehicle is sure to draw a horde, so you'd better pray it starts up when you hop in.

If a deer ragdolls on the front will you be able to skin/harvest it after you stop? Oh, the possibilities!

Sorry about the ketchup delay...

No keypress is needed to right a flipped jeep-like vehicle. Dig out one side so it rolls over into the ditch you've made. Try to avoid getting squashed under it when it rolls. Oh, and the noise of a rolling-over vehicle is sure to draw a horde, so you'd better pray it starts up when you hop in.

If a deer ragdolls on the front will you be able to skin/harvest it after you stop? Oh, the possibilities!

Ha! I was just thinking about this, but how about when you drive into the water? Build cobblestone all the way around the vehicle, with a channel to the shore, then take out the water with a bucket and reverse out?

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, I'm on strike. No more updates.

Aw.... :/

Archived