Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

If you happen to do the entity mesh colliders, can you tell me a trick to get them to NOT push themselves into you when attacking? Right now I'm pushing the mesh collider out forward a bit during that part of the animation, but it seems clunky.

Don't know a "trick". I assume they are moving with the root motion of the anim.

Simple solution is all the vehicles can now drive underwater, just slowly. There is a short period where the vehicle slows down as it gets in deep water, so you can make it across short water gaps.

Thanks for the reply, Faatal. And welcome to the forum! It's always great to have another dev talk to us.

Guest Rust Buddy
Nobody likes me, everybody hates me.

...mmm... worms...

Ask me your questions, Guppycur. I'm the one who is truly in charge. Normally, I stay in the shadows whispering my insights to Madmole but I'm here and ready give.

Simple solution is all the vehicles can now drive underwater, just slowly. There is a short period where the vehicle slows down as it gets in deep water, so you can make it across short water gaps.

Great not having to break the vehicle apart if you drive into a puddle. Very nice fix.

I imagine the O2 meter will still work if fully submerged?

Otherwise the jeeps gonna be pretty OP.

Guest Rust Buddy

Cars are supposed to be coming soon to Rust and as far as I know they won't be able to be disassembled in that game so that's my suggestion here. Once a car is made that's it. Can't be taken apart and put in your inventory and carried around and then put back together.

Great not having to break the vehicle apart if you drive into a puddle. Very nice fix.

I imagine the O2 meter will still work if fully submerged?

Otherwise the jeeps gonna be pretty OP.

Well, assembling and disassembling are on the way out for weapons and therefore likely for vehicles which is probably why they had to make them drivable underwater.

Cars are supposed to be coming soon to Rust and as far as I know they won't be able to be disassembled in that game so that's my suggestion here. Once a car is made that's it. Can't be taken apart and put in your inventory and carried around and then put back together.

Thank you oh wise one... ;)

So the part of the vehicle code that interacts with water was modified? Hang on a second...

*puts on wild fan speculation hat*

Boats confirmed in Alpha 17! ;)

Don't know a "trick". I assume they are moving with the root motion of the anim.

Ty for you work in the game. Appreciate it! All I can offer is a pat on the back and a good job! looks good so far.

Glad you are appearing in the forums every now and then hope you continue the interaction. :peace:

Well, assembling and disassembling are on the way out for weapons and therefore likely for vehicles which is probably why they had to make them drivable underwater.

If we can drive the jeep under water it needs to have a cd player. I need to be able to put The Beatles "Octopus's Garden" on a loop.

- - - Updated - - -

If we can drive the jeep under water it needs to have a cd player. I need to be able to put The Beatles "Octopus's Garden" on a loop.

Gamida you idiot, now I can't get that song out of my head...

We will never do one of those kinds of votes again if I’m involved.

Yes we will. But only because you don't like it. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

I vote we vote to not vote on voting!

no... wait.... is there an option for that? :)

La,la,lalala la,la,la, LA LA.

- - - Updated - - -

To recap the last few pages:

1. A new dev.

2. 7D2D is now a sub simulator.

You got it!

Welcome to the forums!

PS. Nice Jeep.

That is the plan. Stay under water and you will drown.

Well that wraps that up nicely :).

So down the line, would it be conceivable to have the engine drown if under to long or at a certain depth?

I'm wondering if it's somewhat straightforward or will require a lot...

Well that wraps that up nicely :).

So down the line, would it be conceivable to have the engine drown if under to long or at a certain depth?

I'm wondering if it's somewhat straightforward or will require a lot...

I think the main problem would be getting it back out of the water if you can't dismantle it. The real way would be to tie a rope to it and drag it out but ziplines have been dropped.

Are you planning on keeping the forced stabilization of a vehicle or are there plans to let them roll over realistically?

The 2 wheelers have to have it or they promptly fall over. If the SUV (jeep) flips, then you need a way to fix it. Since you can't pick vehicles up anymore, we could do the flip it command like in Halo, but I like not having to deal with it. We shall see.

Archived