Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

A more visible reticle has been requested before and the reasons have been stated before.

Given that up to 10% of a population (especially men) can be affected by colour-blindness alone its not like this is a minor issue. It's a game-breaking issue for a significant proportion of players who suffer from visual impairment.

The fix is simple and I cannot think for the life of me why this wasn't sorted out a very long time ago.

Have none of the graphic designers turned into work a little hungover and said "I'm working on the <blerp> reticle today... s'very important to <heave> look after our players <opens ms-paint and dribbles on the keyboard>"

hey bud chill out. while i understand your frustration and will agree with you on certain aspects... you do not have to resort to being overly belligerent with your complaints and insight. don't be like others, be calm and let's have a civil conversation.

now here's what i did and it is all i or anyone can do.

i just now (actually a few minutes ago before typing this post), just submitted a feature request for those with visual impairments to have an option to change size, shape and color of the reticle. i have seen this done on many games. it's now up to the fun pimps to accept or deny adding it. good luck :)

Why he couldn't get what he wants? He also bought game so he should get support.

I love the new video - great Jeep/ORV. I live in Texas and those stacks are usually associated with diesel not gas engines.

if I wreck a block like cactus do I get the loot in my pack?

Does the ORV have a storage box like the basket on the minibike? maybe a vice for quick repairs?

Do you automatically get venison in your boot/trunk if you hit a deer with your car? Auto-collect with a vehicle would make things too easy.

Gas is short for gasoline. :p

I am not competing in any lingual wars, just got curious. Gasoline it is.

Be careful when you use the word gas in Europe, could cause a long search party for the right whole in the car.

Cheers Joe, got my tea served just now.

ok forgive me for making an observation here but...

i hope with all the vehicles that are being worked on and added... i hope we get better horns then the damn clown's squeezy horn!

Ya , it sounds like an ice cream truck`s two wheeled cousine. The lost one. Lets see :)

With the new system , if there is a mod that allows you to install some sort of train horn to your neighbour`s jeepy in PVP, so it can attract the Hell to his base. This would be fun.

Hmm that is the new jump sound...

Speaking of jumping. I hope that the vehicle physics will stretched (in the name of fun) to allow gaining slightly unrealistic air off of ramps. Right now going off jumps just sucks. I'm not asking for the Rush series of arcade racing but we need to be able to make some sweet jumps with these vehicles because its fun, Pimps.

Speaking of jumping. I hope that the vehicle physics will stretched (in the name of fun) to allow gaining slightly unrealistic air off of ramps. Right now going off jumps just sucks. I'm not asking for the Rush series of arcade racing but we need to be able to make some sweet jumps with these vehicles because its fun, Pimps.

Like put a vehicle together on the top of one building and jump to another? :D

well MM almost did a 360 mid-air roll so maybe he can have that added as a feature.

I was actually wondering about that; it almost seemed as if the game engine prevented the roll; vehicles CAN roll, right?

And I agree with Roland, a nice gravity setting would be awesome all around.

Like put a vehicle together on the top of one building and jump to another? :D

Probably not that far but setting up a ramp on one side of the Navezgane chasm and being able to make it to the other side or at the very least setting up a ramp next to your drawbridge so you can either drive across if the bridge is down or just jump across if the bridge is up...

100% agree with that. Playing in moon gravity would be... funny as hell if your club could ragdoll the zombies into low gravity. It would be Neo vs. The Smiths all over again.

I was actually wondering about that; it almost seemed as if the game engine prevented the roll; vehicles CAN roll, right?

I tried for 30 minutes last night to roll the jeep and it never would. The game definitely prevents it. Not sure if that is something they will change or not.

Probably not that far but setting up a ramp on one side of the Navezgane chasm and being able to make it to the other side or at the very least setting up a ramp next to your drawbridge so you can either drive across if the bridge is down or just jump across if the bridge is up...

someone will definitely have to take a screenie when they make a jump (and if possible) with 3 passengers and fall to their deaths. I need to see the death announcements in chat screen....who will be first? and will it be on purpose?

i can see a server set up in Navezgane now selling tickets to watch people with the Hog to jump the Gulch... lets face it... trucks will be too heavy and the pedal bike is asking too much. :)

Archived